collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Rigadon
[Today at 11:51:24 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Steve67
[Today at 11:46:38 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:41:18 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeB
[Today at 11:35:16 AM]

NSWE Investment by dave.woodhall
[Today at 11:33:19 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by OCD
[Today at 11:13:37 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by paul_e
[Today at 11:12:08 AM]

Olympiacos flights by Des Little
[Today at 11:08:37 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Two types of manager  (Read 7062 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Two types of manager
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2014, 08:41:37 PM »
I also think you can identify a manager as lucky / not lucky. 

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2014, 07:36:53 AM »
Lambert may want to at times change things, but I think a major problem at Villa, is not only is the Manager not very good, but we have a lack of football intelligence in the team, take it from the back, Guzan appears a follower not a leader, Vlaar again to me not a football tactician, Delph may have that missing factor, but I am not sure he is entirely happy with all aspects of his game, Benteke knows what he wants but does not seem to be a major communicator, Westwood to introvert, Gabby , Andi, god have a collection for two brain cells and we would have to have another one to get the second cell.
Chelsea, hate the twat  Terry, Drogba and Fabregas all leaders, City Kompany, Silver, Aquero, United had Ferdinand, Vidic and to some extent Rooney.
Lambert has got to go as he is type 3, useless, but I don't think the squad helps and unless tactic A works, there is no one clever enough on the pitch to kick in a tactic B.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2014, 12:10:57 PM »
PS It would have been between Houghton and Garry Parker as to whom Fenton replaced, most likely Houghton as Parker was injured or out of favour most of that season.

An abiding memory of that game was Fenton hitting Ince in a 50/50 before standing over him and a poleaxed 'guvnor' looking stunned. By the way Deano you have an excellent recollection of our games from the 90s. Cheers for helping bring back the memories.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2014, 12:11:20 AM »
Very interesting reading this thread. It ultimately comes down to successful and unsuccessful managers in professional football.
A manager is as good as his coaching team- he's also helped when he is respected by his players . A manager has to get players on his side by man management or use his coach or captain. A respected or experienced manager in the game already has this and he ll reward loyalty and players with  right attitude (to his methods or to the boards insistence) a place in the playing squad every time. Its politics like in any other business, club  or society.

One could currently speculate the issue u with Fabian and Ronnie. Both exceptional players and leaders in the team . The captain issue is massive in football as we all know and at this moment the future of both these players is uncertain. Perhaps for another thread but I think that a manager is greatly affected by who his captain is. Thus the link to this h & v discussion would be about that success as a manager who chooses his captain wisely. Delph and Vlaar are essential in the team  to have a greater chance of winning and making the manager a success.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2014, 06:36:42 AM »
One may suspect that the motivation behind Allardyce's quotes is a desire to put himself in the same bracket as Mourinho and Ferguson, rather than to provide a particular insightful analysis of manager "types".

Or to explain the change in philosophy at West Ham being his idea rather than enforced by the board

He's also had to change his tactics with Carroll being out. Will be interesting to see what happens when he returns.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2014, 03:49:01 PM »
Charlie Manson should be up for parole (again soon) he got people to believe all kinds of shit, cant we get him in as manager, with them eyes think he may even stare old Roy in to the ground.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2014, 06:59:16 PM »
That league defeat at Old Trafford in Dec '93...I have a vivid memory of watching it in a pub as a kid and we were banging on the door for ages after going 1-0 down before United broke twice to score in quick succession near the end and go 3-0 up to which we immediately replied (Parker?) to get a smart consolation. It seemed that the Villa of that time knew they had it in them to put it up to United when both sides met.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2014, 07:06:58 PM »
That league defeat at Old Trafford in Dec '93...I have a vivid memory of watching it in a pub as a kid and we were banging on the door for ages after going 1-0 down before United broke twice to score in quick succession near the end and go 3-0 up to which we immediately replied (Parker?) to get a smart consolation. It seemed that the Villa of that time knew they had it in them to put it up to United when both sides met.

Cox scored at Old Trafford. The home game much earlier in the season we matched them for long spells and is possibly the best game we've ever lost. I mean no game we lose is good but in terms of quality it just might be the best one we ever lost.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2014, 07:09:06 PM »
  Villa 1-2 United 1993-94

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2014, 07:26:22 PM »
Lambert is a want to be MON type

Thou he got motivate anything

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal