collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:10:56 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:10:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:00:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Richard E
[Today at 10:00:37 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Gareth
[Today at 09:57:19 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Atmosphere on Sunday.  (Read 16134 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Re: Atmosphere on Sunday.
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 04:36:20 PM »
He's had more Bolton's than we've scored goals this season.  He's Bolton-proof.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2014, 04:44:04 PM »
Think the attendance could be shockingly low. 27/28k ?

Offline Holte Sweet

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2014, 04:49:04 PM »
I struggle to see how not going because it's pointless, i.e. we're shit, is anything but fair weather.

It's the very definition of fair weather.

Correction its your definition if fair weather. I doubt many others would describe someone who has been attending games from 1968 to 2013 and making round trips of 100 miles .

A mug maybe?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2014, 04:52:58 PM »
not at all but during such a length of time, the drug intake must have been pretty high on occasions

Offline Holte Sweet

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2014, 04:55:17 PM »
Well whatever you're taking is having a very odd effect.

Offline WestleyArmsAV

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2014, 04:56:45 PM »
I think Spurs will absolutely tear us apart on Sunday. Frankly I don't think we'll see another point coming our way until Burnley away (and that by means of a 0-0 draw).

I don't think they the fans will make much of a fuss - we've had all the fight knocked out of us. I think we expect failure now - as do the players its seems.

This is probably the darkest time since 1967.

This made me laugh.

We lost our first four games of the season 1997-1998 (I think), was that not our darkest period in history.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2014, 04:57:06 PM »
If a person isn't attending games and isn't watching games and doesn't care what happens in games, then they're not supporting the club. Really they're not a supporter at all, so that's a bit unfair on the fair weather fans that only turn out when we play Man United.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2014, 04:57:50 PM »
I think Spurs will absolutely tear us apart on Sunday. Frankly I don't think we'll see another point coming our way until Burnley away (and that by means of a 0-0 draw).

I don't think they the fans will make much of a fuss - we've had all the fight knocked out of us. I think we expect failure now - as do the players its seems.

This made me laugh.

We lost our first four games of the season 1997-1998 (I think), was that not our darkest period in history.

Blackburn bladdered us 4-0 at Villa Park if I recall in that run. That was pretty grim.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2014, 05:00:18 PM »
Blackburn bladdered us 4-0 at Villa Park if I recall in that run. That was pretty grim.

3-0 down at HT, and both the 0 and the 3 flattered us iirc. Blackburn did us 8-0 on aggregate that season.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2014, 05:04:34 PM »

This made me laugh.

We had far better players in the team back then. Players who were underperforming but it was only a matter of time till results improved. I don't think any of us honestly think the same of this squad we have now.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2014, 05:10:38 PM »
I got to 2 games last season Palace and Shef United in the cup and the atmosphere at both those games was pretty bad at the end.The Palace game in particular was very bad and he survived that.

Based on atmosphere he would have been gone months ago.That he is still here means it will take something epic to get Randy to act.

Offline Holte Sweet

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2014, 05:11:05 PM »
I'd suggest our darkest day was when we were relegated to the old third division. I know I was there.

I hope its OK to comment. Me no longer being a 'supporter'.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2014, 05:27:18 PM »
I reckon it could get quite poisonous. Not least because we have a decent squad now, and to lose 5 in a row without scoring, never looked like scoring, and conceding 13 is not acceptable whoever we have been playing. We have been shambolic since the 1st goal against Arsenal, and frankly I have had enough now. I have been pretty patient with Lambert having wanted previous managers out, but fuck me, my good will is gone. The fucker needs to get out and fast. We are a joke at the moment.

I don't think we have a decent squad. Clark, Baker, Cole, Given, Bent, Gabby, Weiman, Lowton to name a few should be nowhere near the first team. Some of them shouldn't be near the reserve team (if we had one)

To me the squad is a lot better than it was in 12/13 so yes we should be mid table. Although it needs everyone to stay fit, we look rubbish in midfield again without Delph.

And we still have fcuk all creativity which says it all about Lambert.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2014, 05:37:12 PM »
If a person isn't attending games and isn't watching games and doesn't care what happens in games, then they're not supporting the club. Really they're not a supporter at all, so that's a bit unfair on the fair weather fans that only turn out when we play Man United.

I pick and choose my home games nowadays, I'll admit it after having a season ticket for a few seasons and still going to the majority when I didn't.

Combination of things, cost etc but yeah I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't go to more home games if we were a bit more entertaining to watch at home and scored a few more goals.

Not totally abandoning things as I went to Everton last week and West Ham next although predictably we've gone shite away aswell.

I suppose the real fair weather ones would be the magical 10k who turned up for the Arsenal game and then disappeared for the Man. City game.

No doubt they'll be back for the Man. United and Liverpool games even if we're still rubbish.

Offline Holte Sweet

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2014, 05:45:08 PM »
Actually when I had my season ticket  they used to turn up for said games .Problem was they all had brummie accents and were supporting United,, Liverpool , Man City etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal