collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Atmosphere on Sunday.  (Read 16123 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Atmosphere on Sunday.
« on: October 28, 2014, 12:32:46 AM »
O.k for those "lucky" ones attending yet anothe thrill-a-minute home game, it's Spurs. A team in poor form themselves but a team which have beaten us by a combined score of 15-0 during Lambert's time.

Call me mad but I think we'll come out, play alright and scrape a 1-1. However if this game follows form and turns out to be a comfortable 2 or 3 nil Spurs win, I can't believe it will be a case of a few half hearted boos and shuffling out at the end from the crowd.

I don't want to see or hear it as obviously I don't want us to lose but I'd imagine this would be the first proper flak Lambert would get during a home game and maybe the board aswell given Lerner is turning up again.

Think the crowd will be in the low 30s so wouldn't be quite as vicious but I think tonight's result has scaled many people's tipping points.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
Re: Atmosphere on Sunday.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 12:40:22 AM »
There'll be more atmosphere on the moon than at Villa Park on Sunday.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 12:40:37 AM »
DC5 formerly of this parish put forward the quite plausible theory that our vocal support was better when lacking the so-called fair weather fans. I think he was right, up to a point.

Offline greenwichvilla

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 12:52:24 AM »
What happend to DC5? I liked DC5.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 08:04:50 AM »
I reckon it could get quite poisonous. Not least because we have a decent squad now, and to lose 5 in a row without scoring, never looked like scoring, and conceding 13 is not acceptable whoever we have been playing. We have been shambolic since the 1st goal against Arsenal, and frankly I have had enough now. I have been pretty patient with Lambert having wanted previous managers out, but fuck me, my good will is gone. The fucker needs to get out and fast. We are a joke at the moment.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 08:15:50 AM »
I reckon it could get quite poisonous. Not least because we have a decent squad now, and to lose 5 in a row without scoring, never looked like scoring, and conceding 13 is not acceptable whoever we have been playing. We have been shambolic since the 1st goal against Arsenal, and frankly I have had enough now. I have been pretty patient with Lambert having wanted previous managers out, but fuck me, my good will is gone. The fucker needs to get out and fast. We are a joke at the moment.

I don't think we have a decent squad. Clark, Baker, Cole, Given, Bent, Gabby, Weiman, Lowton to name a few should be nowhere near the first team. Some of them shouldn't be near the reserve team (if we had one)

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 08:46:00 AM »

I don't think we have a decent squad. Clark, Baker, Cole, Given, Bent, Gabby, Weiman, Lowton to name a few should be nowhere near the first team. Some of them shouldn't be near the reserve team (if we had one)

I think we have a squad that should be finishing mid table. The players you list are poor but the ones you've excluded would be ok under a manager who has a clue

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 08:48:15 AM »
I'm not even sure I can be bothered to go Sunday and I'm a ST holder. A combination of Sky constantly pissing us around with KO times and the dreadful football has completely drained my enthusiasm.

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 08:54:19 AM »

I think we have a squad that should be finishing mid table. The players you list are poor but the ones you've excluded would be ok under a manager who has a clue

I think a first 11, mostly fit that it, is a mid table offering. A 3rd of the squad are not good enough as per above. That leaves us very thin. Not that Cup games have got in the during 2013 and 2014.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 08:58:34 AM »
The squad we have is quite capable of finishing in mid table if they are coached correctly, the team set up correctly, the tactics are correct, and substitutions made appropriately. One man is responsible for all those and he is the reason why we are bottom 6.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 09:00:54 AM »
The only way we will get rid of PL is for the fans to get vocal against him at the matches. The media will pick up on this and heap the pressure on him and RL to act. Nothing else will work simply because RL is oblivious to any problem.

Staying silent is no longer an option. Trouble is I think we have all had enough of the mediocrity and are apathetic, including me.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2014, 09:01:03 AM »
I'm not even sure I can be bothered to go Sunday and I'm a ST holder. A combination of Sky constantly pissing us around with KO times and the dreadful football has completely drained my enthusiasm.

same here Marlon.....modern football is shite and the Villa are shite too...:(

UTV
The Doc

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2014, 09:07:10 AM »
We need to stop the rot. The crowd will be with the team for the first five minutes, it always is. How quiet it goes depends on how much we show.

If we lose heavily there may be a bit of booing, but I don't think you'll see a massive out pouring like Bolton.

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 09:09:13 AM »
We need to stop the rot. The crowd will be with the team for the first five minutes, it always is. How quiet it goes depends on how much we show.

If we lose heavily there may be a bit of booing, but I don't think you'll see a massive out pouring like Bolton.

Unless we concede 2 or 3 in the same number of minutes which is something we are often good at...

Offline levico

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2014, 09:50:10 AM »
I think Spurs will absolutely tear us apart on Sunday. Frankly I don't think we'll see another point coming our way until Burnley away (and that by means of a 0-0 draw).

I don't think they the fans will make much of a fuss - we've had all the fight knocked out of us. I think we expect failure now - as do the players its seems.

This is probably the darkest time since 1967.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal