collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Atmosphere on Sunday.  (Read 16228 times)

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
Re: Atmosphere on Sunday.
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2014, 06:30:35 PM »
I'll be there, but I probably won't enjoy it.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2014, 07:25:43 PM »
If a person isn't attending games and isn't watching games and doesn't care what happens in games, then they're not supporting the club. Really they're not a supporter at all, so that's a bit unfair on the fair weather fans that only turn out when we play Man United.

I pick and choose my home games nowadays, I'll admit it after having a season ticket for a few seasons and still going to the majority when I didn't.

Combination of things, cost etc but yeah I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't go to more home games if we were a bit more entertaining to watch at home and scored a few more goals.

Not totally abandoning things as I went to Everton last week and West Ham next although predictably we've gone shite away aswell.

I suppose the real fair weather ones would be the magical 10k who turned up for the Arsenal game and then disappeared for the Man. City game.

No doubt they'll be back for the Man. United and Liverpool games even if we're still rubbish.

I think all this fair weather nonsense is a bit of an insult to some people. i pick and choose my games and would rarely, if ever, go to a sky televised game due to the cost of attendance versus my sky subscription which is already paid for. Does that make me and lots of people similar to me fair weather?

Offline peter w

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2014, 09:11:41 PM »
I'm seriously considering taking the wife and kids out for the day. Why should they have another weekend spoiled?

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2014, 09:20:01 PM »
I think Spurs will absolutely tear us apart on Sunday. Frankly I don't think we'll see another point coming our way until Burnley away (and that by means of a 0-0 draw).

I don't think they the fans will make much of a fuss - we've had all the fight knocked out of us. I think we expect failure now - as do the players its seems.

This is probably the darkest time since 1967.

This made me laugh.

We lost our first four games of the season 1997-1998 (I think), was that not our darkest period in history.

Blackburn bladdered us 4-0 at Villa Park if I recall in that run. That was pretty grim.

It was. And the manager went in the new year

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2014, 09:36:32 PM »
I've decided the side need the support so Sunday will be our first game of the season. I must be mad.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2014, 10:01:17 PM »
I'm seriously considering taking the wife and kids out for the day. Why should they have another weekend spoiled?

If you were a real fan/supporter you'd drag them there crying.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2014, 10:26:21 PM »
I will be there and having had a gallon up town before will be convinced that this is the turning point. After the inevitable defeat I'll go back into town for more beer.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2014, 10:45:20 PM »
Count yourself lucky, I have to drive an 180 odd mile round trip to every home game, which means I have witnessed every home game for the past two seasons stone cold sober.

The horror... the horror.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2014, 10:52:43 PM »
The squad we have is quite capable of finishing in mid table if they are coached correctly, the team set up correctly, the tactics are correct, and substitutions made appropriately. One man is responsible for all those and he is the reason why we are bottom 6.

Exactly and that's why the endless debate about formations is largely waste of time. We have one massive problem and it stands on the touchline every match or sits slumped gormlessly in its seat in the dug out looking like its been on the brew since the night before. And it probably has

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2014, 11:43:44 PM »
It's my birthday Sunday.... bastard Sky Sports.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2014, 11:59:11 PM »
It's my birthday Sunday.... bastard Sky Sports.

I do hope it's a happy one!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2014, 04:07:35 AM »
The atmosphere at Villa Park will be the same as it's been since Lambert took over. Apathy rules in B6.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2014, 05:05:53 AM »
I think Richard put his finger on it there. Statistics apart, and they are appalling statistics, the man himself is a great inert lump of incoherent dullness. There is nothing personal in that criticism, just an assessment of his perceived public persona.
I am sure the reason why as a team we are less than the sum of the parts is because the players at best have little regard for him and at worst dislike him intensely.
Don't forget these players have endured him and his excuses and his alibis close up and personally.  They knew what was going on with Culverhouse and Karsa and so did Lambert yet a few months down the line they see him get a big fat new contract, how would you expect the players to feel?
The bright start to the season was due to  the fresh air in the dressing room brought by Roy Keane. It has dissipated now and the players heads have gone down again.
I shall be at the game as always, hopefully with two sons and a grandson but I don't expect a Bolton whatever the result. Lerner and Lambert have done what they set out to do and crushed the fire out of the fans. 
I consider myself privileged to have been at Villa Park to see McLeish get his marching orders but it won't ever happen again. Too many Villa fans have had all the passion knocked out of them by the sequence of O'Neill's pre-emptive strike, sick Houllier and two Scottish puddings back to back.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 05:15:40 AM by brian green »

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2014, 08:09:37 AM »
Could be right Brian for the continual rubbish served up week to week us supporters have been amazingly passive, i think they secretly put sedatives in the liquid refreshments.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2014, 08:24:49 AM »
Could be right Brian for the continual rubbish served up week to week us supporters have been amazingly passive, i think they secretly put sedatives in the liquid refreshments.

So that's why it tastes so bad!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal