collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 160305 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)
« Reply #1065 on: April 30, 2015, 09:37:00 AM »
Since winning at Palace on Nov 3rd, Sunderland have won 3 league game. Newcastle twice and Burnley. They are fucked.

Before they went on that little run Leicester had only won 3 or 4 games all season.

Anything can happen and we won't be safe until the points are on the board.

The difference is Liecester seemed to always be in games. Sunderland have been clattered on several occasions by sides around them, at home. You get the impression hat if you score twice against them, then you'll win the game.

If we can take four points from our next two then I'd fancy us to be 5 clear of Sunderland with them having three to play. That would mean they'd have to win two out of their last three which include Arsenal and Chelsea away, while we would have to lose both our last games.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1066 on: April 30, 2015, 01:17:48 PM »
If Southampton don't lose to them this weekend then we're in business

Online nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #1067 on: April 30, 2015, 02:01:40 PM »
Important win for chavski last night, first time I have celebrated a John terry goal and hopefully the last, Just hope Southampton aren't on the beach come saturday but our fate is in our own hands..Beat Everton and West Ham and were sound

Just to add a little balance, we have won 3 home league games all season and only once under Sherwood.

We have to play with more conviction at home in the next 10 days to get the four points we need to get some breathing space.

Offline He wears a magic hat

« Reply #1068 on: April 30, 2015, 02:02:36 PM »
To write Sunderland off as having no chance is a huge mistake in my book.

Look at the run they went on last season when they were written off. Didn't they win at Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd or something like that.

I know it'll highly unlikely to happen again but what we should bare in mind is that by the time Sunderland come to play Arsenal and Chelsea. Arsenal may well be guaranteed CL spot and have nothing to play for as well as possibly resting players ahead of the FA Cup final and Chelsea will more than likely be on the beach having been crowned Champions two weeks ahead of their game with Sunderland.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1069 on: April 30, 2015, 02:16:52 PM »
To write any team off as having no chance is nonsense given what Leicester have done. It's up to us to save ourselves and win a couple of games.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1070 on: May 01, 2015, 06:59:11 AM »
Important win for chavski last night, first time I have celebrated a John terry goal and hopefully the last, Just hope Southampton aren't on the beach come saturday but our fate is in our own hands..Beat Everton and West Ham and were sound

Just to add a little balance, we have won 3 home league games all season and only once under Sherwood.

We have to play with more conviction at home in the next 10 days to get the four points we need to get some breathing space.
The QPR game is the attacking template for a home game under sherwood. Not the defensive one tho, to say the least

We might go for a more possession based approach v Everton perhaps. But if we leave ourselves open at the back they showed v Man U they've the ability to cut through us easily.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1071 on: May 01, 2015, 09:30:27 AM »
Since winning at Palace on Nov 3rd, Sunderland have won 3 league game. Newcastle twice and Burnley. They are fucked.

Whilst I agree in part, they are only two points behind us. I think it's a bit early to completely write them off.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #1072 on: May 01, 2015, 11:09:20 AM »
Think if we win tomorrow and Sunderland lose its more or less job done.

Offline Boz

« Reply #1073 on: May 01, 2015, 11:23:46 AM »
To write any team off as having no chance is nonsense given what Leicester have done. It's up to us to save ourselves and win a couple of games.

Absolutely

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1074 on: May 01, 2015, 12:47:52 PM »

Whilst I agree in part, they are only two points behind us. I think it's a bit early to completely write them off.

I'm not totally writing them off, we all know anything can happen. But it makes it very unlikely that side that has beaten just 2 clubs in nearly 6 months, the bottom club and Newcastle, winning 3 of their last 5. As long as we get the points we've been saying we need, 4-6 I'd prefer 6, then I just don't see them catching us. And if we get 6 points both Burnley and QPR need to win every remaining game to catch us.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1075 on: May 01, 2015, 06:35:59 PM »
You've also got to look at the Sunderland squad. It's really weak all over.

If Southampton utilise their pace tomorrow they can give them a shoeing

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1076 on: May 16, 2015, 07:35:00 PM »
...where we go down?

No. Thank McGrath for that. I also hope it will be the last time for a while that we flirt with relegation. Five seasons in a row is ridiculous.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1077 on: May 16, 2015, 08:00:37 PM »
I think we'll all take a bit of pleasure in seeing this thread despatched to the land of the dead threads.

*presses big red button*

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1078 on: May 16, 2015, 08:01:16 PM »
Likes, big style.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1079 on: May 16, 2015, 08:05:25 PM »
A bit more of a subtle ending than my farewell to the relegation thread!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal