collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 160292 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)
« Reply #990 on: March 19, 2015, 02:22:39 PM »
We've had a good run and it's great to see, but we're a long way from being safe. It's vital we win against Swansea at the weekend to ease some of the pressure in April. April is going to be very tough and we're probably going to have to do very well not to find ourselves right in it going into May.

I think vital is overstating it, a draw would not be the end of world.

That said, I think we now will go into games where the opposition have to worry about us a little more due to a couple of strikers who found a bit of form and a set of players who have shown themselves able to make chances for them. I don't think that is the case for many of the other relegation contenders.

A draw wouldn't be a disaster, dependant on how the other teams around us get on. April looks pretty rough though and other than QPR at home(which will be high pressure), there don't appear to be many obvious opportunities for points. Clearly we might get a surprise result, but at the moment Swansea at home looks like a pretty important game.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #991 on: March 19, 2015, 02:26:23 PM »
Any chance we could reset the poll?

It was reset after the Albion games.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #992 on: March 19, 2015, 07:19:31 PM »
Any chance we could reset the poll?

It was reset after the Albion games.

I know I was one of the 10 people that voted Yes but I'm now in the Probably not but still worried camp after the dizzy heights of the Sunderland match.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #993 on: March 22, 2015, 07:08:06 PM »
Fortunately every other result went our way this weekend, so in spite of losing we're now in a better place as teams have less games available to overhaul us.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #994 on: March 23, 2015, 03:03:41 AM »
These may be famous last words, but I can't see Leicester catching us at this point and if we are both still on the same points and we beat QPR in a couple of weeks, it will be in a similar situation with them.  It is still very tight for that last spot though, but Hull have got a terrible run-in.  I think they have to play all the teams currently in the top 7 in their remaining 8 fixtures.   

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #995 on: March 23, 2015, 06:27:44 AM »
Of all the teams in danger i would rather be in Villas position than any of the others, Leicester are too far back QPR are hopeless at the moment and have difficuly games and Sunderland may suprise but i doubt it.

Offline LTA

« Reply #996 on: March 23, 2015, 07:47:58 AM »
Problem is that we have little margin for error in the remaining games.  Leicester, Hull and Burnley have all played against the top sides in recent weeks and given them almighty scares, and in Burnley's case beaten them. I just don't see us being able to do that even under Sherwood. We can't just keep relying on other teams to constantly do us favours...we need to start helping ourselves.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #997 on: March 23, 2015, 11:17:55 AM »
What the weekend shows is that a team that can get a win can really improve its position immeasurably. All of the teams in the bottom 6 found ways to lose, whether or not they played well or played poorly. We need to get that next win, or even a point cause the chance of every team on the same weekend doing the same is basically zero. It will not only ease the pressure on ourselves but increase it on the others as games remaining gets lower.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #998 on: March 23, 2015, 01:23:15 PM »
What the weekend shows is that a team that can get a win can really improve its position immeasurably. All of the teams in the bottom 6 found ways to lose, whether or not they played well or played poorly. We need to get that next win, or even a point cause the chance of every team on the same weekend doing the same is basically zero. It will not only ease the pressure on ourselves but increase it on the others as games remaining gets lower.

Agree TV.  The upcoming games against the so called big teams" will be another test of Sherwood.  I often got the impression with previous managers that those types of games were just written off as losses before we even got on the coach and that all involved were content with simply avoiding a serious hiding. 

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #999 on: March 23, 2015, 02:11:38 PM »
When we play at Manure, Spurs and Citeh we will have to be less open than we were at the weekend. One concern is that Sherwood did struggle against the 'big teams' when at Spurs.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1000 on: March 23, 2015, 02:15:17 PM »
When we play at Manure, Spurs and Citeh we will have to be less open than we were at the weekend. One concern is that Sherwood did struggle against the 'big teams' when at Spurs.

He also won at OT with Spurs.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #1001 on: March 23, 2015, 02:22:07 PM »

He also won at OT with Spurs.

Let's hope he does the same for us.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1002 on: March 23, 2015, 02:37:58 PM »

Agree PW.  Making us harder to beat in those type of games is one of his biggest challenges.  We have been pretty pathetic in them in the past few seasons. 

Offline levico

« Reply #1003 on: April 10, 2015, 02:16:50 PM »
Funny how this thread has been relegated (no pun intended) to page 3. What's happened that makes relegation less likely?

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #1004 on: April 10, 2015, 02:18:17 PM »
People have been posting on the Plot to Escape Relegation thread instead. But in any case we could really do with a win this weekend and everyone else around us losing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal