collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 161262 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)
« Reply #960 on: March 16, 2015, 12:41:24 PM »
Look at this way, under Lambert we'd probably have lost the last two matches and would be 19th, 6 points away from safety.

Very true and that's why I think Sherwood has done a hell of a job to turn us round.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #961 on: March 16, 2015, 04:11:42 PM »
I am obsessed by the notion that Burnley's result has relegated us. I know, I need to grow a pair.
If we do go down it won't be because of Burnley turning Man City over, it will be because we were shit for 6 months!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #962 on: March 16, 2015, 04:21:51 PM »
I am obsessed by the notion that Burnley's result has relegated us. I know, I need to grow a pair.
If we do go down it won't be because of Burnley turning Man City over, it will be because we were shit for 6 months!

and it will be because we didn't look after our own business from now until the end of the season. We've gone from a situation a couple of weeks back where we needed a bit of help from others screwing up, to now being in a position to look after ourselves with some decent results. We'll only have ourselves to blame now if it goes shit shaped, something that I don't think at all will happen.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #963 on: March 16, 2015, 04:26:02 PM »
If we go down from here - and Hull stay up - I'll be calling for an investigation into doping because I can't see them getting another 6 points.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #964 on: March 16, 2015, 04:31:33 PM »
Look at this way, under Lambert we'd probably have lost the last two matches and would be 19th, 6 points away from safety.

I'd rather not, I'll start to come out in a rash.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #965 on: March 16, 2015, 04:35:23 PM »
If we go down from here - and Hull stay up - I'll be calling for an investigation into doping because I can't see them getting another 6 points.

Just looked at their run in and they could easily lose 8 out of those 9.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #966 on: March 17, 2015, 03:55:24 PM »
Looking at April and where the QPR game has been put I think we really need to beat Swansea this weekend.

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
« Reply #967 on: March 17, 2015, 04:14:11 PM »
I actually like our remaining fixtures. I think we've got a chance in all of them, Man City away aside.

We can beat Man Utd, they've not been playing well all season. As for Spurs, if we're scared of playing them, we might as well just pack it in.

Only other one I'm worried about, aside from Man City, is Southampton away, but they might be "on the beach" by then.

If we beat QPR, Swansea, and Burnley, that puts us on 37 pts. I think that will be enough, but I expect us to get a few more points from the other games too.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #968 on: March 17, 2015, 04:43:58 PM »
Man City just lost to Burnley with everything still to play for. By the time we play them, they'll be out of the CL and Chelsea could be out of sight. All of a sudden instead of playing a very motivated group, we'll be playing a bunch of talented but exorbitantly paid players thinking more about the beach rather than the importance of finishing 2nd or 3rd. If that's the case we will still have a lot more to play for than them, so we will have a good chance of getting something from that game. Our attitude needs to be right. We know Sherwood won't go there waving a white flag like Lambert.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:46:50 PM by Toronto Villa »

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #969 on: March 17, 2015, 04:45:53 PM »
Plus I doubt Milner will be trying too hard against the club he's about to re-join on a Bosman.

Online Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #970 on: March 17, 2015, 04:54:45 PM »
I think 9 more points will get us over the line.

We have a chance in all 5 of our home games - Swansea, QPR, Everton, West Ham and Burnley; 3 wins or 2 wins and 3 draws out of that lot will do - especially if we can avoid defeat against QPR and Burnley.

Anything we get from our away games will be a bonus.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #971 on: March 17, 2015, 05:03:25 PM »
I think 9 more points will get us over the line.

We have a chance in all 5 of our home games - Swansea, QPR, Everton, West Ham and Burnley; 3 wins or 2 wins and 3 draws out of that lot will do - especially if we can avoid defeat against QPR and Burnley.

Anything we get from our away games will be a bonus.

Stating the obvious time - if we can't get nine points from those five we deserve to go down.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #972 on: March 17, 2015, 08:25:39 PM »
I don't even think we need 9. Leicester and QPR will struggle to make it to 30 and having seen Hull's fixtures they won't get much higher.

Two wins from 9 matches will do us. We'll stroll it!

Offline Diablo

« Reply #973 on: March 17, 2015, 11:32:47 PM »
I actually like our remaining fixtures. I think we've got a chance in all of them, Man City away aside.

We can beat Man Utd, they've not been playing well all season.

On current form (last 8 games) Man United are 3rd with 19 points W6 D1 L1 and Man City are 9th with 11 points W3 D3 L3. Man United have been getting points without playing that well (except for their last match where they battered Spurs which some of their fans have been saying was their best performance in 4 years).

We're currently in 16th place with 6 points  L6 D0 W2

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #974 on: March 17, 2015, 11:59:04 PM »

We can beat Man Utd, they've not been playing well all season.

On current form (last 8 games) Man United are 3rd with 19 points W6 D1 L1 and Man City are 9th with 11 points W3 D3 L3. Man United have been getting points without playing that well (except for their last match where they battered Spurs which some of their fans have been saying was their best performance in 4 years).

We're currently in 16th place with 6 points  L6 D0 W2

Is a game that happened 2 months ago, under a different manager, really representative of 'current form'? Because that's how far back 8 games go.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal