collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 161150 times)

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
Re: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)
« Reply #915 on: March 13, 2015, 09:13:55 AM »
The game against Sunderland is all important. If we can keep the recent improvement up we have a decent chance of winning it. Which will be a huge step in our fight for survival. I hope Carlos Sanchez plays and Sherwood gives Carles Gill  20 mins or so to showcase his skills.

Offline supertom

« Reply #916 on: March 13, 2015, 09:45:32 AM »
I'm a lot more confident now. I think tomorrow is arguably the major game for us this season, much like Stoke away in Lamberts first season. We're playing a club in a bit of a state. It's a game we've got to be looking to get something from, and ideally a win. A win does us the world of good and allows us to possibly get a gap on the bottom 3. A draw aint the end of the world, but a defeat just knocks a little stuffing out of us going into a difficult run.
If we can go unbeaten in the next two, get at least 4 points, I think we'd be nicely on course to stay up. April will be difficult.
I actually think something as low as 32-33 points will be enough to survive, although I think we'll get beyond that. Particularly now that we seem to be more of an effective attacking unit. We're not too shabby defensively. If we continue scoring goals we'll pick up wins.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #917 on: March 13, 2015, 10:33:13 AM »
The game against Sunderland is all important. If we can keep the recent improvement up we have a decent chance of winning it. Which will be a huge step in our fight for survival. I hope Carlos Sanchez plays and Sherwood gives Carles Gill  20 mins or so to showcase his skills.

This for me, Drag Sunderland and hopefully Everton in

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #918 on: March 13, 2015, 10:34:27 AM »
Interesting on Sherwoods press conference yesterday, he wanted us to attack as a team and defend as a team, something we've been lacking for quite a while

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #919 on: March 13, 2015, 11:29:10 AM »
I'm a lot more confident now. I think tomorrow is arguably the major game for us this season, much like Stoke away in Lamberts first season. We're playing a club in a bit of a state. It's a game we've got to be looking to get something from, and ideally a win. A win does us the world of good and allows us to possibly get a gap on the bottom 3. A draw aint the end of the world, but a defeat just knocks a little stuffing out of us going into a difficult run.
If we can go unbeaten in the next two, get at least 4 points, I think we'd be nicely on course to stay up. April will be difficult.
I actually think something as low as 32-33 points will be enough to survive, although I think we'll get beyond that. Particularly now that we seem to be more of an effective attacking unit. We're not too shabby defensively. If we continue scoring goals we'll pick up wins.

I agree on the points, 2 wins in the next 2 games and we could be pretty much over the line, if you look at Burnley's next 4 they could very easily be 9 behind us going into the last 6 games, which looks too big a gap for them to close. Then whilst QPR have a decent run for the next 3 after that they a bad run from the middle of April to mid May that will see them play Chelsea, West Ham, Liverpool, Man City and us (sometime in that run) that doesn't look like many points to me which puts a lot of pressure on their 3 now, which still includes Palace and West Brom who aren't giving away many points (except to us in the latter case).

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #920 on: March 13, 2015, 11:35:02 AM »
I'm still voting yes. Ask me again after Sunderland and Swansea.

Lose those two and Villa are right back in the shit. At that point I would see the FA Cup semi as a liability/distraction.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:36:40 AM by UK Redsox »

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #921 on: March 13, 2015, 08:28:23 PM »
Well we have a massive chance of staying up now. If we can actually win tomorrow it will help remove the mindset through the club from that we can put together a run of form. I think the players, not just the fans have been in that zone for so long now we do not believe winning a game can be followed up with another win. It's been a long long time of poor displays and terrible losing streaks we all need to believe again.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #922 on: March 13, 2015, 11:12:53 PM »
The joy needs to be maintained! Scrap out results now and grit our teeth during April before powering over the line in the last few games. Still worried but feel we may have  more of a chance now...

Online tomd2103

« Reply #923 on: March 14, 2015, 12:36:20 AM »

I would personally stick with the midfield three of Westwood, Cleverley and Delph.  I still hold out hope for Sanchez, but I think he's going to need a bit more time to adjust.   

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #924 on: March 14, 2015, 01:02:53 AM »

I agree but thought he was excellent in the cup game when he came on

I would personally stick with the midfield three of Westwood, Cleverley and Delph.  I still hold out hope for Sanchez, but I think he's going to need a bit more time to adjust.   

Offline manic-road

« Reply #925 on: March 14, 2015, 07:57:29 AM »
Amazing how two wins can give the fans and players a lift, after definitely expecting relegation under PL I am now a lot more optimistic with the way we are now attacking and creating a lot more chances. Win today and other clubs around us will be more anxious.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #926 on: March 14, 2015, 09:26:15 AM »
I agree but thought he was excellent in the cup game when he came on
Up to now his substitutions have been pretty good. Sensible players at sensible times.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #927 on: March 14, 2015, 04:55:14 PM »
Best odds on us to go down are now 13/2.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #928 on: March 14, 2015, 04:56:48 PM »
A bit of breathing space is lovely.

Offline dekko

« Reply #929 on: March 14, 2015, 04:58:40 PM »
Not out of the woods yet, especially with our horrible fixtures in April, but I think we'll be fine.....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal