collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 160984 times)

Offline curlytailavfc

• www.friendsofakitas.co.uk
  • GM : 26.02.2019
Re: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Hull away)
« Reply #585 on: February 21, 2015, 05:27:43 PM »
looking very likely now

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #586 on: February 21, 2015, 05:33:00 PM »
looking very likely now

We're one point behind with twelve games to play, including both the sides immediately above us at home. How, by any definition of the phrase, is that "very likely"?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #587 on: February 21, 2015, 05:38:56 PM »
I'd say we're more likely to go down than every team with the exception of Leicester. I hope we don't obviously, but Sherwood has a massive job on.

Offline ez

« Reply #588 on: February 21, 2015, 05:41:39 PM »
Sherwood has to find some improvement in our play otherwise the number of games left is irrelevant.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #589 on: February 21, 2015, 05:44:13 PM »
One win changes everything and can create a bit of momentum. It's getting the one win that Sherwood will find tough and needs to find it fast.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #590 on: February 21, 2015, 05:49:09 PM »
One win changes everything and can create a bit of momentum. It's getting the one win that Sherwood will find tough and needs to find it fast.

Yeah and at least QPR's lose dragged them back into it.  It is closer than ever that is the only positive to be taken from today.

Will stick with us to stay up for now, but many more weeks without any points then my thoughts will change.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #591 on: February 21, 2015, 05:52:07 PM »
6 straight league defeats at this time of the season is a worry. We'll stay up though, just.

Offline Ajdainty89

• #19 Stan The Man!
« Reply #592 on: February 21, 2015, 05:56:22 PM »
I refused to have my first post as a negative one about the villa ...so after the long wait I can finally write!

I thought there was actually improvement in that game today, I'm still feeling like we will stay up.
Today's game we actually played some of the game in their half!

At 1-1 even with lack of shots our attempts at trying to cross made me feel like we could actually go on and nick it, and I've not felt like that in a long time!

Although I'm not saying a word about Mr Vlaar.

Also as it's the first post, HI ALL!!

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #593 on: February 21, 2015, 05:56:30 PM »
I think so. In previous seasons we have had a turn, some kind of little wrinkle which helped us stagger to safety. This season we seem to have momentum going downhill.

Lerner , Fox & Lambert decided to gamble on the clubs future by not panic spending or acting in January. Now we will pay.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #594 on: February 21, 2015, 06:03:33 PM »
Very very poor teams survive. Teams who get relegated  are not only poor but also have the worst luck going around. We seem to have both this season so if we can keep ourselves in and around escape point we may just do it in the last 2/3 games however we are in it now till the death.

Offline ez

« Reply #595 on: February 21, 2015, 06:04:40 PM »
I think so. In previous seasons we have had a turn, some kind of little wrinkle which helped us stagger to safety. This season we seem to have momentum going downhill.

Lerner , Fox & Lambert decided to gamble on the clubs future by not panic spending or acting in January. Now we will pay.

Yes stable doors and horses come to mind. Leaving Lambert in situ for so long has left us in trouble with very few options to improve.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #596 on: February 21, 2015, 06:07:13 PM »
If we reach the semis, our season will end with May having 4 home games out of our last 5 because of QPR game getting moved. Good job we can rely on our home form! It will also mean our league games in April will all be away, Manure, Spuds and Citeh. Squeaky bum time!

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #597 on: February 21, 2015, 06:07:59 PM »
I do think we will go down, because even if we do pick up form we're still relying on others losing it, or not getting those freak results that will keep them ahead of us. Burnley get a point at Stamford Bridge - it's not vital, but imagine getting a win at Old Trafford? We only seem a fair bet to take points off the teams around us, and we don't seem capable of doing that either. The change has come far too late, and any enthusiasm Sherwood garnered has been well and truly crushed by the last two-thirds of the game today.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #598 on: February 21, 2015, 06:09:36 PM »
looking very likely now

We're one point behind with twelve games to play, including both the sides immediately above us at home. How, by any definition of the phrase, is that "very likely"?

I would hazard a guess that 3 of the current bottom 4 will go down, ie a 75% chance.  I'd say that's at least "quite likely" if not exactly "very likely".

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #599 on: February 21, 2015, 06:11:44 PM »
A cliche I know but it is in our own hands. If we can't manage 15 points from our fixtures then we fully deserve to go. We may not even need that many.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal