collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 161007 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Hull away)
« Reply #570 on: February 12, 2015, 12:14:09 AM »
No. I think we will bounce back now that Lambert has gone.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #571 on: February 12, 2015, 12:19:43 AM »
Don't count out Everton. 1 win in 9 and they've failed to score in 6 of them.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #572 on: February 12, 2015, 12:20:45 AM »
Right now I wonder what percentage of us doesn't have a clue which way to vote.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #573 on: February 12, 2015, 12:22:20 AM »
I'm still firmly in "probably not but worried".

Offline Damo70

« Reply #574 on: February 12, 2015, 12:23:04 AM »

When I posted on Other Games about the Palace, Albion and Burnley results I nearly included Everton's.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #575 on: February 12, 2015, 12:27:41 AM »

When I posted on Other Games about the Palace, Albion and Burnley results I nearly included Everton's.

They've won 3 league games in over 3 months. I think they currently have to be included.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #576 on: February 12, 2015, 12:44:09 AM »
More confident of staying up now he has gone , hopefully who ever comes in can have a new manager bounce the likes of WBA and Palace have had recently

Offline levico

« Reply #577 on: February 12, 2015, 12:52:35 PM »
We do need an 'impact' manager who can hit the floor running and grind out some positive results.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #578 on: February 12, 2015, 01:30:49 PM »
We do need an 'impact' manager who can hit the floor running and grind out some positive results.

I would have hoped someone could have been brought in for the game on Sunday, for as much as I want us to win it, it is a no pressure game really.  If we lose, we're out of the cup for another year, but a good win could give us some momentum going into a fairly decent run of fixtures.  It would have been the ideal fixture for a new manager.     

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #579 on: February 12, 2015, 02:03:27 PM »
It's all too little, too late.  This should have been done after our first shocking run, i.e. pre xmas. 

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #580 on: February 12, 2015, 02:13:15 PM »
It's all too little, too late.  This should have been done after our first shocking run, i.e. pre xmas. 

why is it too late? There is a third of the season to go. We're not cast adrift at the bottom of the table 10 points off 17th place.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #581 on: February 12, 2015, 03:04:42 PM »
quite right, let's get things into perspective; there are at least half a dozen club's that are in the mix, separated purely by the width of a gnat's cock. Sure we're one of them but we can get out of this.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #582 on: February 12, 2015, 04:25:11 PM »
We'll have to reset this poll again once we know who the new guy is.

Offline supertom

« Reply #583 on: February 13, 2015, 12:24:37 PM »
It's hard to call. We're a team who've scored 12 in 25, but we do have goals in us, if  the new manager (or M&M in the short term) can inspire even a modicum of positivity. We've got the quality to turn it. I just hope Lamberts removal gives the squad an instant lift. And I'd hope to see 4-5 players really up their game, if anything to impress their potential new boss.

If we can start simply creating and scoring at even a mediocre rate, I think we'll be alright.

In the next 3-4 games we need a couple of good results to lift the mood. A few goals. It would be nice to approach Sunday with a bit of freedom. It's a free game really. It won't fuck us up any more in the league if we lost it and we can really try and go for it against a brittle Leicester. I think we could see a turnaround right off the bat if we approach it right, and the players do too.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #584 on: February 13, 2015, 12:45:29 PM »
It's hard to call. We're a team who've scored 12 in 25, but we do have goals in us, if  the new manager (or M&M in the short term) can inspire even a modicum of positivity. We've got the quality to turn it. I just hope Lamberts removal gives the squad an instant lift. And I'd hope to see 4-5 players really up their game, if anything to impress their potential new boss.

If we can start simply creating and scoring at even a mediocre rate, I think we'll be alright.

In the next 3-4 games we need a couple of good results to lift the mood. A few goals. It would be nice to approach Sunday with a bit of freedom. It's a free game really. It won't fuck us up any more in the league if we lost it and we can really try and go for it against a brittle Leicester. I think we could see a turnaround right off the bat if we approach it right, and the players do too.

I am not convinced by the instant lift theory or argument that the team would be better without a manager, although I live in hope. The reason for my pessimism is that if we had intelligent leadership on the pitch, we would have seen evidence of it despite Lambert. We just do not seem to have that type of player. Too many robots. Gabby as captain sums it up.

Everything depends on the appointment and The Marshalls.

It all hinges on PLs replacement.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal