collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 161293 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Hull away)
« Reply #555 on: February 11, 2015, 11:53:52 AM »
The Hull game proves, there are no winnable games under Lambert.

We are gone.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #556 on: February 11, 2015, 11:54:07 AM »
I've been in denial about relegation, always thought we'd survive because there should be 3 worse teams than us in the league but last night's results were terrible for us. Also, now we're in the bottom 3, our goal difference starts to take on a whole new significance. Absolutely frightening.

It seems the ultimate irony to me that we unveiled a new Commercial Officer yesterday, presumably with a brief to increase our revenue, (on the same day that the Premier League is handed a £5bn, 3 year deal) but we don't have a manager capable of doing the one thing that would guarantee this massive windfall - staying in the fucking league.

And I also reckon that, until the end of the season, we'd do better with no manager than with Lambert. Seriously.

I think there are. I think are five or six teams worse than us in terms of quality. But nobody is playing as badly as we are.

I think there are at least 5 or 6 squads with lesser players, but we are out there on our own as the worst team in the league.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #557 on: February 11, 2015, 11:55:32 AM »
Joe Cole has called on everyone of claret and blue persuasion to stick together as Villa look to move up the Barclays Premier League table.

Cole insists "the right results" will follow if the fans, players and staff stay tight for the common cause.

The former Chelsea and Liverpool midfield ace says the dressing room was "devastated" in the aftermath of the defeat at the KC Stadium - and was in no doubt that the travelling supporters felt the same.

But he says there's only one way to look now - forward - as Villa face their "thirteen cup finals."

He told AVTV: "We're devastated with the result. But we have to stick together.

"The fans have travelled up on a Tuesday night and it is difficult not to give them the result that they want.

"But we are where we are. We have to be men.

"We have to stand together and stick together - the fans, the players, the manager and the staff.

"If we all stick together we can get the right results.

"I take full responsibility for my role in the squad and the team. I've been working hard alongside all of the other boys trying to turn it round for us.

"There were a lot of disappointed lads in the dressing room and I'm sure there were a lot of disappointed Villa fans on the way home as well.

"But we've got to stick together and we are fully aware that they are thirteen cup finals for us now."

Cole insists that the FA Cup can play its part in galvanising the squad as they look for progress in the world's most popular domestic cup competition as well as the Barclays Premier League.

He added: "We've got the FA Cup on Sunday.

"I still believe the old adage that these games can be vital for your season in terms of confidence.

"We want to win and build some confidence, get the trust of the fans and create a brighter atmosphere.

"And in the next league game we need to be right on it.

"It is a massive three months for Villa. Personally I'm fit and I want to stay fit. I want to contribute in keeping this team in the Premier League and hopefully a nice run in the FA Cup as well."

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #558 on: February 11, 2015, 11:57:03 AM »
Piss off Cole, words are cheap

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #559 on: February 11, 2015, 12:00:13 PM »
Clearly devastaded....

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #560 on: February 11, 2015, 12:02:16 PM »
Joe Cole has called on everyone of claret and blue persuasion to stick together as Villa look to move up the Barclays Premier League table.

Cole insists "the right results" will follow if the fans, players and staff stay tight for the common cause.

The former Chelsea and Liverpool midfield ace says the dressing room was "devastated" in the aftermath of the defeat at the KC Stadium - and was in no doubt that the travelling supporters felt the same.

But he says there's only one way to look now - forward - as Villa face their "thirteen cup finals."

He told AVTV: "We're devastated with the result. But we have to stick together.

"The fans have travelled up on a Tuesday night and it is difficult not to give them the result that they want.

"But we are where we are. We have to be men.

"We have to stand together and stick together - the fans, the players, the manager and the staff.

"If we all stick together we can get the right results.

"I take full responsibility for my role in the squad and the team. I've been working hard alongside all of the other boys trying to turn it round for us.

"There were a lot of disappointed lads in the dressing room and I'm sure there were a lot of disappointed Villa fans on the way home as well.

"But we've got to stick together and we are fully aware that they are thirteen cup finals for us now."

Cole insists that the FA Cup can play its part in galvanising the squad as they look for progress in the world's most popular domestic cup competition as well as the Barclays Premier League.

He added: "We've got the FA Cup on Sunday.

"I still believe the old adage that these games can be vital for your season in terms of confidence.

"We want to win and build some confidence, get the trust of the fans and create a brighter atmosphere.

"And in the next league game we need to be right on it.

"It is a massive three months for Villa. Personally I'm fit and I want to stay fit. I want to contribute in keeping this team in the Premier League and hopefully a nice run in the FA Cup as well."
Bingo! I call Bingo in the "lazy cliché" game

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #561 on: February 11, 2015, 12:14:07 PM »
Fuck off Joe Cole you contract thief. You lot have had constant support for months now as the results go down the pan, put up or shut up, it's time for abuse if things don't improve.

The freekicks and corners were a disgrace last night and a sure sign that they are not training or practicing hard enough on even basics.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #562 on: February 11, 2015, 12:18:39 PM »
I hate all this 'stick together' bollocks. The players and manager have done fuck all whilst they've had support, it's time they get the flak they deserve.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #563 on: February 11, 2015, 12:20:40 PM »
I said if we lost to Hull we would go down.
It was one of those games we just could not afford to lose.
Pretty much everything that could go wrong has gone wrong and it is obvious that they will stick with Lambert because they have no idea what else to do.
Even a panic sacking and hope appointment will not save us now.
I will try and take some comfort from the fact that Randy has done his money and frankly he deserves that.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #564 on: February 11, 2015, 12:22:25 PM »
We all know it's coming. If in doubt, blame the fans.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #565 on: February 11, 2015, 12:29:01 PM »
Assuming Lambert is staying, for me the next 2 games will decide our season. If we don't get a response after last night against Leicester and Stoke then I think we are screwed. If that result/performance and getting dumped into the bottom 3 doesn't kick them up the arse I don't think anything will. Win them both and we are in the QF and out the bottom 3.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #566 on: February 11, 2015, 12:29:17 PM »
Joe Cole , same fooking record just like your awful manager.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #567 on: February 11, 2015, 12:30:16 PM »
Clearly devastaded....

thanks Joe, I didnt realise you were still here ?

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #568 on: February 11, 2015, 09:42:44 PM »
After tonight it's 3 of Leicester, Burnley, us, Hull, QPR and Sunderland.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #569 on: February 11, 2015, 09:44:15 PM »
Agreed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal