collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 160983 times)

Online tomd2103

Re: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Hull away)
« Reply #525 on: February 10, 2015, 11:47:42 PM »
As I wrote on another thread. These stats are sending us one way only.

2 wins in 21 league games.

Our last 10 games:
W0 D3 L7 F2 A15 GD-13

Taking those stats in isolation is bad enough, but when you consider they have come on top of what has happened before then it indefensible.   

Quite incredible that he's managed to achieve his worst run after building the squad over the past 3 years. All the evidence suggests that things get worse not better

Key point.  Three years in and still no sign of an idea of a style of football.  Players have stagnated or regressed under him (Clark aside, I can't think of one who has improved after playing for him for a decent period of time) to the point where some of them look disillusioned.  That's before you even broach the subject of the coaching staff.   

Offline Lobsterboy

« Reply #526 on: February 10, 2015, 11:53:41 PM »
To quote dear old Private Fraser from Dad's Army... "we're DOOMED!"

Offline Damo70

« Reply #527 on: February 11, 2015, 12:04:47 AM »
I've stuck with 'no, but I'm worried'.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #528 on: February 11, 2015, 12:34:46 AM »
We are going to be relegated. The only way to stand a chance of everything it is if Nero realises he has a responsibility to the club still.

The stentch of rot is overpowering at the club at the moment.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #529 on: February 11, 2015, 12:44:13 AM »
Let's face it, we've had this coming. You simply can't be this dreadful for 3 years and get away with it. No one to blame but those in charge.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #530 on: February 11, 2015, 12:50:29 AM »
And when we get relegated everyone else will be delighted.

Not just because we're a big club falling on bad times but because we've been absolutely dreadful to watch for half a decade now.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #531 on: February 11, 2015, 12:53:23 AM »

Not just because we're a big club falling on bad times but because we've been absolutely dreadful to watch for half a decade now.

Longer. Try 15 years plus. False prophets with money to spend spent it unwisely and the wins were generally ugly.

We deserve so much better.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #532 on: February 11, 2015, 12:56:31 AM »

Longer. Try 15 years plus. False prophets with money to spend spent it unwisely and the wins were generally ugly.

I disagree on the MON years - but then in the context of spending £200m it should've been better.

The Dolly era was bad but even then we had the likes of Merson and Lil Lee bringing a bit of flair to the team.

The last 5 years have been unremittingly tedious.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 01:01:37 AM by Ad@m »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #533 on: February 11, 2015, 01:00:15 AM »
I hate to say it but since '96, more often than not we've been pretty shit to watch footballing wise (even when results have been good). It's why our goals for record is so shit during the Premier League era. I think even Newcastle have scored more than us and they have spent 2 years less in the PL.

Offline Isa

« Reply #534 on: February 11, 2015, 01:01:32 AM »
This is the first time since Lambert's initial season that I genuinely fear for our league status. As woeful as he is, he used to have a knack of springing a victory (or two) after a bad run to keep our heads just above the water. However with this loss against a poor Hull side there for the taking, plus the inability to even fulfil the basics when it comes to offensive play, I am truly skeptical.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #535 on: February 11, 2015, 01:10:50 AM »
We've completely lost our way and we aren't likely to miraculously find it again no matter what our manager says just by keeping the status quo.

If we don't sack Lambert within the week then good luck to Lerner, I hope you lose the whole fucking lot because you deserve it you ******.

If he has any pride, affinity or affection for the club he'd should do the one thing that can galvanise the team and fans, man up and sack dick brain.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #536 on: February 11, 2015, 01:13:07 AM »

I disagree on the MON years - but then in the context of spending £200m it should've been better.

The Dolly era was bad but even then we had the likes of Merson and Lil Lee bringing a bit of flair to the team.

The last 5 years have been unremittingly tedious.

Oh I agree the last five years have been hell but the ten years previous is certainly not where we should be aiming for.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #537 on: February 11, 2015, 07:30:30 AM »
To stay up we need to score goals and win games, something we've not really managed all season. I can't see us suddenly start winning because  we've lost the two cup finals we've had so far.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #538 on: February 11, 2015, 07:32:14 AM »
The game last night reminded me of 87 and the 0-3 v Charlton at crystal palace. It was the same feeling of resignation from the players on both occasions.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #539 on: February 11, 2015, 07:54:06 AM »
Unfortunately we've been the footballing equivalent of woodchip wallpaper for far too long now. Few will weep when we go down and few will want us to come back up once we've gone. I fear a long time in the wilderness and with the new obscene football deal, it just got even more difficult to compete on a level playing field.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal