collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 160980 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Re: Is this the season...
« Reply #420 on: February 03, 2015, 03:26:09 PM »
There are actually four games in May, which seemes a lot.
There are and you could argue Everton and West Ham will be comfortable mid table and on the beach so 6 easy points.
Saints will probably be out of the top4 race so there is 3 more
And burnley could be down already so there's 3 more.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #421 on: February 03, 2015, 03:38:23 PM »

I am more worried about playing 46 games next season.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #422 on: February 03, 2015, 04:36:17 PM »
There are and you could argue Everton and West Ham will be comfortable mid table and on the beach so 6 easy points.

Or villa down already

Online Steve kirk

« Reply #423 on: February 03, 2015, 04:51:55 PM »

Sillhillvilla you have lifted me, we are stopping up I said we are stopping up

Offline Damo70

« Reply #424 on: February 03, 2015, 06:22:09 PM »
When I did the Football Predictor a few weeks ago I had some teams going down with very low points totals. It looks like I was right. From Everton in twelfth and downwards teams have to win one in three for the rest of the season to reach forty points. It is possible at least one team will fail to reach thirty points. I think Everton and Palace will be okay. It is interesting that Albion have the same points as us but don't get the criticism we do. Although admittedly much of that is down to our lack of goals. Leicester and Hull look in big trouble. We have to see how the managerial change effects QPR. Burnley are limited but will battle and probably pick up a few home points.  Sunderland struggle for goals and points. I think Leicester and Hull will definitely drop along with possibly Burnley. It will be a close run thing for QPR, us, Albion and Sunderland I think.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #425 on: February 03, 2015, 06:26:02 PM »
When I did the Football Predictor a few weeks ago I had some teams going down with very low points totals. It looks like I was right. From Everton in twelfth and downwards teams have to win one in three for the rest of the season to reach forty points. It is possible at least one team will fail to reach thirty points. I think Everton and Palace will be okay. It is interesting that Albion have the same points as us but don't get the criticism we do. Although admittedly much of that is down to our lack of goals. Leicester and Hull look in big trouble. We have to see how the managerial change effects QPR. Burnley are limited but will battle and probably pick up a few home points.  Sunderland struggle for goals and points. I think Leicester and Hull will definitely drop along with possibly Burnley. It will be a close run thing for QPR, us, Albion and Sunderland I think.
How did you manage writing all that and not get to mention the most obvious candidate?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #426 on: February 03, 2015, 10:24:21 PM »
Last day fixtures are Leicester v QPR and Villa v Burnley.

With Chelsea probably wrapping the title up early, Sky will be all over that as that has the ominous look of a Survival Sunday or whatever term they'd call it.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #427 on: February 03, 2015, 11:36:19 PM »

We're Aston Villa, we're clutching at straws..

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #428 on: February 04, 2015, 11:56:49 AM »
Just looking at the remaining fixtures, I think we may go down.
I'm sure we will win the odd game but not much more than that.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #429 on: February 04, 2015, 12:03:26 PM »
I don't think the fixtures are too bad, in theory there are plenty of points there for us, especially at home after Chavski. Reality, who knows with us.

Aston Villa v Chelsea
Hull v Aston Villa
Aston Villa v Stoke
Newcastle v Aston Villa
Aston Villa v West Brom
Sunderland v Aston Villa
Aston Villa v Swansea
Man Utd v Aston Villa
Tottenham v Aston Villa
Aston Villa v QPR
Man City v Aston Villa
Aston Villa v Everton
Aston Villa v West Ham
Southampton v Aston Villa
Aston Villa v Burnley

Online Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #430 on: February 04, 2015, 12:06:10 PM »
There's four games we definitely should win if we weren't absolutely incompetent.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #431 on: February 04, 2015, 12:07:00 PM »
Four or five home six pointers there.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #432 on: February 04, 2015, 12:12:44 PM »
Southampton, away, there's talk of a mass Villa fans' jolly up in Weymouth that weekend. Better place to have a relegation party than the one at Wigan a couple of years ago

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #433 on: February 04, 2015, 12:19:56 PM »
Has anyone bet on us to go down? What odds did u get?

My bro did before the season started. He put £50 on it at 5/1.

I'm on at the same price. Have backed us each year to go down under Paul Lambert. Certainly we give good value at that price for the last few years.

What saved us last year (our worst since the McNeill season) was how bad the sides under us were. An injury to Ings and Burnley are gone. They will struggle more the season goes on and reckon they will finish bottom well adrift. Looking through the QPR squad, it will be a fair achievement to keep them up. With the exception of Austin and possibly Fer, they really don't have another player that even we would look to buy if they went down. Their squad is full of slow has beens. Leicester are awful and won't improve. I reckon West Brom will be the mostly likely to trouble that trio. The way transfer deadline day fell apart for them doesn't bode well. The likes of Morrison, Segessnon don't really fit into a Pulis side and they will continue to struggle to score goals.

Hull like us should be doing better in the table. To be honest even at our worst I see us in the pile with Palace, Hull and Sunderland. Any decent improvement and honestly think we will cruise to safety.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #434 on: February 04, 2015, 12:50:09 PM »
Southampton, away, there's talk of a mass Villa fans' jolly up in Weymouth that weekend. Better place to have a relegation party than the one at Wigan a couple of years ago
The "Weymouth wake"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal