collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 160986 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Is this the season...
« Reply #390 on: February 02, 2015, 04:25:04 PM »
We won't go down. We'll put together a mini run at some stage of the season and with that and the fact that the teams below us are so poor we'll be safe. Then the club will try and spin it into some kind of positive and we'll spend peanuts in the summer and it'll all start again next season.
Our only hope is that Lerner finds a buyer in the summer.

I keep hoping for this, recalling a far weaker and poorer squad than we have now coming out of the depths of his first season to club together results and football worthy of us.

This is what gets me and much as I've tried to work it out I just can't. We got out of trouble that season by playing football. In fact it was arguably the best we've played since the glory days of Brian Little. Since then we've had almost two years of boredom, even though we've got, as was said elsewhere,  the best team we've had post-O'Neill. So what's gone wrong? Enlighten me please.   

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #391 on: February 02, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »
Training,tactical planning, and lack of discipline!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #392 on: February 02, 2015, 04:40:42 PM »
We won't go down. We'll put together a mini run at some stage of the season and with that and the fact that the teams below us are so poor we'll be safe. Then the club will try and spin it into some kind of positive and we'll spend peanuts in the summer and it'll all start again next season.

I keep hoping for this, recalling a far weaker and poorer squad than we have now coming out of the depths of his first season to club together results and football worthy of us.

This is what gets me and much as I've tried to work it out I just can't. We got out of trouble that season by playing football. In fact it was arguably the best we've played since the glory days of Brian Little. Since then we've had almost two years of boredom, even though we've got, as was said elsewhere,  the best team we've had post-O'Neill. So what's gone wrong? Enlighten me please.   

Its probably easier to ask the meaning of life. I keep hoping that one day Lambert will wake up and go back to what he knows football wise; how to attack.

The only people probably more bemused by Lambert than us are Norwich fans.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #393 on: February 02, 2015, 04:42:45 PM »
This thing about the teams being poorer than us.  I wouldn't fancy us against any of them at this moment in time.  We are an absolutely dreadful team, seemingly getting worse (or at least not improving).  Let's not assume that 3 of the 4 teams below us won't overhaul us, because at this rate we'll be bottom of the league by the end of this month.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #394 on: February 02, 2015, 04:44:48 PM »
Everything points to us going down, but we won't. Knowing us we'll beat Chavski at the weekend.

Every win earns the manager multiple months job security credit with the owner. Defeats only reduce that credit balance by minutes, not even days.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #395 on: February 02, 2015, 05:02:24 PM »
I have just done the fixtures and have us on 39 points. That may well be us staying up on one point.

Somewhat of a disgrace that as a Villa fan, and one who looks on the bright side, doesn't think we will hit 40 points again under Lambert. It would also represent the third time in 4 seasons where we wouldn’t reach 40 points or more. But then we no Lerner is ambitionless and clueless in his running of affairs. We have Lambert as proof. But anyway…

I have us winning four more games, home ones against the Albion, Swansea, QPR and Burnley. It will be a last day nail biter! This includes draws at home to Stoke, Everton and West Ham, with points at Hull and Sunderland.

April looks a dog of a month. It takes us an age to get into any sort of “form” under this manager, so two points out of the next four is as probably as good as its going to get. I would love to be wrong and say we can look back in March at having beat Hull, Stoke and the Albion, while earning ourselves a crafty point at Newcastle.

Fingers crossed 39 will be enough!

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #396 on: February 02, 2015, 05:58:26 PM »
Whilst we have been in varying degrees of trouble in recent years, this is the first time I have been genuinely of the belief we might drop. I have been working on a number of questions for Tom Fox for the Trust evening to trap him into answering or those answers looking silly. Work comes in useful sometimes!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #397 on: February 02, 2015, 06:06:03 PM »

We have got used to mediocre players.
We have got used to good players underperforming.
We have got used to managers with poor records.
We have got used to losing often.
We have got used to relegation battles.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #398 on: February 02, 2015, 06:43:59 PM »

Its probably easier to ask the meaning of life. I keep hoping that one day Lambert will wake up and go back to what he knows football wise; how to attack.

The only people probably more bemused by Lambert than us are Norwich fans.

Maybe the Norwich fans were right when they claimed that Culverhouse was the footballing brains of the partnership.

Offline myf

« Reply #399 on: February 02, 2015, 08:11:52 PM »
We've won 5 games all season. Hoping to win 4 more seems optimistic.

Our form is the worst I've ever known and really struggling to see how it will turn around. Confidence and morale is rock bottom

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #400 on: February 02, 2015, 08:21:32 PM »
No chance. We suck for sure, but the 3 going down are clear as day - QPR (in free fall), Burnley (vainly trying but they were certs on day 1), and one of Sunderland, Hull, Leicester (all of whom in my opinion are worse  - yes I said worse - than us). 

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #401 on: February 02, 2015, 08:26:36 PM »
We are also currently in free-fall.

Offline oldham_villa

« Reply #402 on: February 02, 2015, 08:34:10 PM »
Has anyone bet on us to go down? What odds did u get?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #403 on: February 02, 2015, 09:04:54 PM »
Has anyone bet on us to go down? What odds did u get?

My bro did before the season started. He put £50 on it at 5/1.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #404 on: February 02, 2015, 09:15:07 PM »
At the moment we're 11/4 or thereabouts.

Burnley, Leicester, QPR and Hull are all more likely according to the betting.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal