collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 08:57:07 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:57:00 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:53:52 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Pete3206
[Today at 08:51:36 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 08:47:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Villan82
[Today at 08:43:09 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 08:38:11 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 160335 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Is this the season...
« Reply #375 on: February 02, 2015, 12:14:45 AM »
Teams get relegated when players and the manager are fed up of fighting relegation. We are there now.

I am certainly approaching that point.  The thought of relegation has worried me sick at different times in each of the last four seasons, but I just can't let myself get that worked up about it again again.  I'm now at the point of what will be, will be and I'll still be there supporting the club whatever happens. 

Offline The Charmer

« Reply #376 on: February 02, 2015, 12:28:46 AM »
The reason I'm in the 'Probably not . . . ' category is that, even after this second abysmal run that we're on, there are still four teams below us.
Having said that, what I am confident of, is that by this time next week Burnley will be above us which should make Tuesday night at Hull nice and interesting.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #377 on: February 02, 2015, 02:17:14 AM »
The depressing thing about this thread is whichever point you started on thinking we wouldn't go down, every new week brings you closer to those you think we will.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #378 on: February 02, 2015, 01:29:52 PM »
I am running through the following thought process;

Yes, we will be relegated as I can't see how Lambert can turn us round. The last 38 games would have seen us relegated, while since Liverpool away we have played half a season and took 12 points and scored 7 goals, leaving us with a potential 24 points and 14 goals. Abysmal doesn't do it justice.

But then I look at Hull, QPR and Leicester and think they're just as bad, which leads us to the next five games after Chelsea. Fail to take 10 points and we are gone.

Can we do it? I am not sure, at the moment I am edging towards no. I have that hopeless feel post Norwich under McLiesh; we're going to be relegated. Crikey.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #379 on: February 02, 2015, 01:44:21 PM »
I am running through the following thought process;

Yes, we will be relegated as I can't see how Lambert can turn us round. The last 38 games would have seen us relegated, while since Liverpool away we have played half a season and took 12 points and scored 7 goals, leaving us with a potential 24 points and 14 goals. Abysmal doesn't do it justice.

But then I look at Hull, QPR and Leicester and think they're just as bad, which leads us to the next five games after Chelsea. Fail to take 10 points and we are gone.

Can we do it?
I am not sure, at the moment I am edging towards no. I have that hopeless feel post Norwich under McLiesh; we're going to be relegated. Crikey.

That would require averaging 2 points / game.

I'm pretty sure that the only time he's managed that kind of return was the 4 games at the start of the season, which can now be filed in the fluky things that give false hope pile along with all the other false dawns we've "enjoyed" over the last 2½ years.

To boil it down to one simple catchphrase

We're fucked.

His tactics more and more resemble Bingo Billy with each passing game.

I genuinely believe that he's clinically depressed, everything about his body language and the way he hops from one desperate hopeful solution to the next screams stress induced depression to me.  He should probably being treated for something akin to post traumatic stress. 

Mind you so should several thousand of us after the last few years.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #380 on: February 02, 2015, 01:45:27 PM »
I think so but refuse to vote.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #381 on: February 02, 2015, 01:48:57 PM »
We won't go down. We'll put together a mini run at some stage of the season and with that and the fact that the teams below us are so poor we'll be safe. Then the club will try and spin it into some kind of positive and we'll spend peanuts in the summer and it'll all start again next season.
Our only hope is that Lerner finds a buyer in the summer.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #382 on: February 02, 2015, 01:53:00 PM »
We won't go down. We'll put together a mini run at some stage of the season and with that and the fact that the teams below us are so poor we'll be safe. Then the club will try and spin it into some kind of positive and we'll spend peanuts in the summer and it'll all start again next season.

I keep hoping for this, recalling a far weaker and poorer squad than we have now coming out of the depths of his first season to club together results and football worthy of us.

But that was the last time we went on any sort of run, the four games from this season apart. We had a real collapse at the end of last season based on some pretty indifferent stuff before and that slide doesn't seem to have been arrested.

I actually think on balance that we will go this time.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #383 on: February 02, 2015, 01:58:09 PM »
My thoughts as well.

We'll luck through and get a few points at home to Burnley, home to QPR, home to West Brom much as we've done for the last couple of seasons.

16th place I reckon.

Offline mrastonvilla

« Reply #384 on: February 02, 2015, 02:01:07 PM »
The thing is, bar the 3-4 games at the beginning of this season the performances and results have been the same since the Chelsea game last season. That's the best part of a year.

There is no way on earth under the current circumstances this team will pull off the mini run of games needed to propel us towards the points total needed to stay up.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #385 on: February 02, 2015, 02:17:21 PM »
My thoughts as well.

We'll luck through and get a few points at home to Burnley, home to QPR, home to West Brom much as we've done for the last couple of seasons.

16th place I reckon.

I really don't see anything that suggests we can do that at the moment. Our recent run of scoring no league goals has included some fixtures against some pretty poor sides. We just look a side with no plan or belief.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #386 on: February 02, 2015, 03:00:42 PM »
My thoughts as well.

16th place I reckon.

I really don't see anything that suggests we can do that at the moment. Our recent run of scoring no league goals has included some fixtures against some pretty poor sides. We just look a side with no plan or belief.
But variations of that have been said every year for the last four seasons. "we're not going to get another point this season", "everyone else is fighting and we're not".

We're absolutely rubbish at the moment, but so are lots of teams. QPR have lost every game they've played away and have a lot of difficult games at home. Burnley have used the same 14 or so players all season and are showing signs of being knackered. Leicester are so rubbish that they lost to us. Hull are in even worse form than we are.

That doesn't mean we don't need to be concerned about it, because we absolutely do. And should be sacking the manager as the first step to sorting out those concerns. But I don't think we might as well just assume we're going down, because the likelihood is that we probably won't.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #387 on: February 02, 2015, 03:04:00 PM »
My thoughts as well.

16th place I reckon.
I'd like to agree, but I think we have had our luck over the last 3 seasons.
I think it's about to run out.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #388 on: February 02, 2015, 03:07:14 PM »
The difference between recent seasons and now is that previously we could score goals. We have scored 11 all season, and that means you're going to struggle to pick up many wins. I'm just so sick of us being a terrible team run on a shoe string budget.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #389 on: February 02, 2015, 03:08:39 PM »
Everything points to us going down, but we won't. Knowing us we'll beat Chavski at the weekend.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal