collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:33:49 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by langleylions
[Today at 10:32:30 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Nev
[Today at 10:25:19 AM]

Re: FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by FrankyH
[Today at 10:19:07 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:10:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 160342 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Is this the season...
« Reply #315 on: January 18, 2015, 10:05:32 AM »
It's fair to say that's it is unlikely we'll get anything from the next two games.
We are then well into February and the number of games left will be running out.
Coupled with the fact that we can't score ( what number will we be on when we play Hull away on February 10?) I think we are in deep shit.

And no, relegation can never,ever be a good thing, but we might as well start preparing ourselves for it under these fools.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #316 on: January 18, 2015, 10:10:35 AM »
I agree andyh. My mindset is starting to shift into just getting used to the idea of us playing in the Championship.

Obviously I think of the best case scenario and it's not too bad. The worst case scenario is still too scary to contemplate.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #317 on: January 18, 2015, 10:17:24 AM »
At our current ratio we are scheduled to score another 8 goals this season.  Lets hope these are enough to secure three points.  I think 38 will be the number needed this year.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #318 on: January 18, 2015, 10:19:42 AM »
At our current scoring ratio I'd expect us to finish bottom quite frankly.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2015, 11:11:20 AM »
I think the bottom three as it stands will go.

I don't see how QPR can survive as their home form will inevitably let them down at some point, while Leicester look a Championship side and Hull are the only team we consistently beat with ease at home, so you know how poor they are.

We will run it close though. We only need five wins and a smattering of draws. A half decent manager would have us safe with this squad in February.

That's the thing with this manager.

Every season we have a couple of half decent runs which leads you to think we can kick on into mid table....and we without fail stop winning and scoring.

I can't remember where we were in the league after beating Leicester six weeks ago but with the fixtures we had there was a good opportunity to pull away and be on 28/29 points and look to secure our safety next month by beating Hull and Stoke. Predictably we've blown it.

I actually think we just need 4 wins which would get us to 34 points as I imagine we'll draw a few more games between now and the end. We always stay up on 38 points nowadays so that's the figure I'm looking at.

16 more points under Lambert this season, I don't really see it tbh as he's lost the knack of getting enough points from the teams below us which he had in the previous two seasons.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #320 on: January 18, 2015, 11:20:47 AM »
Just 4 wins.......it sounds so simple doesn't it?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2015, 11:27:03 AM »
16 points should be doable before April if we had anybody half decent in charge. I wouldn't necessarily agree that we no longer get points from the sides around us; we're 7 up on Palace and Stoke. We are just dreadfully inconsistent and far too prone to go on head long sequences of poor results based on Lambert's inability to have us creating.

That 15 minutes when Gil came on is the most dangerous we have looked in a very long while, which does give me hope that if he can bring in another like Gil to play wide, we may start to look more effective.

As I say, I don't think we will go down, but it will be a struggle and the notion of us not hitting 40 points again, despite having a reasonable squad, would be another in a long line of Lambertisms.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2015, 02:09:24 PM »
Just 4 wins.......it sounds so simple doesn't it?

Unfortunately it requires at least four goals for a start.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #323 on: January 18, 2015, 02:33:37 PM »
It's gonna be tight Again I think. We absolutely wasted that pre Xmas run of sunderland / palace / Leicester back to back

We could have been pretty much safe after that

We've had one or two appalling runs in lambert's previous two seasons though and he has shown we can come out of it

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #324 on: January 18, 2015, 03:38:27 PM »
we will be fine. Burnley and QPR are certs, and one from Hull, Leicester, and Sunderland. 

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #325 on: January 18, 2015, 03:40:56 PM »
Hull looked rubbish.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #326 on: January 18, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »
We're going down with the Baggies.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #327 on: January 18, 2015, 03:44:15 PM »
Hull looked rubbish.
I think they're in big trouble. They're light up front without Hernandez and Jelavic - who aren't too bad when fit - although, they're similar to Benteke in a way where there won't be much supply for them.

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #328 on: January 18, 2015, 03:51:49 PM »
I think the bottom three as it stands will go.

I don't see how QPR can survive as their home form will inevitably let them down at some point, while Leicester look a Championship side and Hull are the only team we consistently beat with ease at home, so you know how poor they are.

We will run it close though. We only need five wins and a smattering of draws. A half decent manager would have us safe with this squad in February.

That's the thing with this manager.

Every season we have a couple of half decent runs which leads you to think we can kick on into mid table....and we without fail stop winning and scoring.

I can't remember where we were in the league after beating Leicester six weeks ago but with the fixtures we had there was a good opportunity to pull away and be on 28/29 points and look to secure our safety next month by beating Hull and Stoke. Predictably we've blown it.

I actually think we just need 4 wins which would get us to 34 points as I imagine we'll draw a few more games between now and the end. We always stay up on 38 points nowadays so that's the figure I'm looking at.

16 more points under Lambert this season, I don't really see it tbh as he's lost the knack of getting enough points from the teams below us which he had in the previous two seasons.

Not sure he ever had that, Fulham and Palce did the double over us last year. It was the results against the big teams that kept us up.

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
« Reply #329 on: January 18, 2015, 04:09:49 PM »
Lambert always used to have the knack of getting a result when we really needed it. However, that now seems to have deserted him. I don'tget that other teams are certain for relegation and are worse than us. We are down there with them

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal