collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 161401 times)

Offline N'ZMAV

Re: Is this the season...
« Reply #300 on: January 18, 2015, 08:46:54 AM »
We can't keep flirting with relegation - it'll get us, if not this season, then more likely next season.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #301 on: January 18, 2015, 09:09:34 AM »
Still, trips to Rotherham, Huddersfield and Charlton will be nice.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #302 on: January 18, 2015, 09:12:47 AM »
Still, trips to Rotherham, Huddersfield and Charlton will be nice.

As a resident of Yorkshire I'd like trips to Rotherham and Huddersfield. Who knows, we might even score a goal.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

« Reply #303 on: January 18, 2015, 09:15:18 AM »
Steady on now.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #304 on: January 18, 2015, 09:18:35 AM »
Good post OzVilla and I think you are most definitely not alone in your thoughts. I was saying to a couple of people post match yesterday that at least relegation would be different. Every season's the bloody same at the moment and it's so boring and depressing.

I have felt that way for some time now. At least it would be fun taking some big away followings to places like Brighton in my case andd I'm so disinterested in football in general these days, I don't think I'd hardly notice we weren't in the premier league anymore. And that's all fucked up anyway with two clubs who buy it every year and the rest just making up the numbers. The likes of Liverpool and Arsenal have, when all is said and done, as much chance of winning the league as we do.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #305 on: January 18, 2015, 09:25:20 AM »
I am sorry but I find this bizarre, relegation would be apocalyptic financially and the idea that it would be either fun or do us good is utter shite.

The people suggesting it weren't at Milwall in he cup. That's what being relegated would be like week in week out. Shit football, at small shitty clubs in a league nobody cares about, where the locals come out to, and I quote the Met verbatim, "to have a pop at the big club". At home, 23 cup finals for 23 Mickey Mouse teams. Great.

I have no idea what happens to people's sanity when they actually begin to think relegation would be a good idea. It's the equivalent of thinking that putting your cock in a food blender will be a good idea.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #306 on: January 18, 2015, 09:28:11 AM »
Pull yourselves together and stop talking like maniacs. Relegation would be an unmitigated disaster, because this club does not have the balls for a scrap in the Championship, or any league, for that matter. Every club out there will be looking to take our scalp. We'll have a season of other clubs' cup finals.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #307 on: January 18, 2015, 09:32:13 AM »
I am sorry but I find this bizarre, relegation would be apocalyptic financially and the idea that it would be either fun or do us good is utter shite.

The people suggesting it weren't at Milwall in he cup. That's what being relegated would be like week in week out. Shit football, at small shitty clubs in a league nobody cares about, where the locals come out to, and I quote the Met verbatim, "to have a pop at the big club". At home, 23 cup finals for 23 Mickey Mouse teams. Great.

I have no idea what happens to people's sanity when they actually begin to think relegation would be a good idea. It's the equivalent of thinking that putting your cock in a food blender will be a good

I want us to be successful and I want us to be in the highest division we can. Having said which the last 4 years have been so relentlessly awful that relegation would almost be like putting us out of our misery. The world won't end if we're in a different division. Of course the real problem is when we're as crap in the Championship as the Prem (see City, Coventry amongst others)

Offline richard moore

« Reply #308 on: January 18, 2015, 09:33:31 AM »

I have no idea what happens to people's sanity when they actually begin to think relegation would be a good idea. It's the equivalent of thinking that putting your cock in a food blender will be a good idea.

You mean it would be less fun than supporting us these last three or four years Ads?!? It certainly wouldn't do us any good but modern day football means we are going to win fuck all ever again so we might as well have a laugh and some black humour along the way. Football is on one long, extended downwards spiral in which every team bar the couple with huge amounts of money have become also rans including, as I said earlier, your Liverpools and Arsenals of the world. There's no real reason for anyone to be in the Premier League anymore bar Man City and Chelsea. It's just one long, endless bore fest in which the same clubs do the same thing every season with the odd exception thrown that - that odd exception happening to be right now, and very amusingly so, Man Utd. You're not wrong though, it would be a bloody disaster

Offline Tom_Mc9?

« Reply #309 on: January 18, 2015, 09:37:30 AM »
I was talking tongue-in-cheek. Of course it'd be cripplingly bad.

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #310 on: January 18, 2015, 09:38:00 AM »
got the feeling more than the previous seasons that this is the season.The whole atmosphere at the ground with the rendition of "we'll score again' which is really a corruption of the relegation song we sang to the Noses when they went,but also the team we were playing and all their tourist fans scattered around the ground lording it over us poor relations coupled with the scores on the screen like Swansea getting beat 5-0 by Chelsea makes you realise how poor we are and almost inconsequential.Sad.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #311 on: January 18, 2015, 09:41:31 AM »
The past few years haven't been fun a all, but I don't see how making it even less fun by being relegated is a solution.

A very simple solution, with this squad that is quite easily capable of mounting the dizzying heights of 10th, is to put a manager in place with the ability to achieve that. The solution to a problem is never to set it on fire.

Offline richard moore

« Reply #312 on: January 18, 2015, 09:41:37 AM »
got the feeling more than the previous seasons that this is the season.The whole atmosphere at the ground with the rendition of "we'll score again' which is really a corruption of the relegation song we sang to the Noses when they went,but also the team we were playing and all their tourist fans scattered around the ground lording it over us poor relations coupled with the scores on the screen like Swansea getting beat 5-0 by Chelsea makes you realise how poor we are and almost inconsequential.Sad.

Liverpool are inconsequential too these days. Just less so than us. We will eventually end up with a European Super League, I'm convinced of it, because everyone will get bored with how mind numbingly predictable the league is slowly becoming and tossers like Sky will have to invent something to keep anyone interested

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #313 on: January 18, 2015, 09:45:58 AM »
The past few years haven't been fun a all, but I don't see how making it even less fun by being relegated is a solution.

A very simple solution, with this squad that is quite easily capable of mounting the dizzying heights of 10th, is to put a manager in place with the ability to achieve that. The solution to a problem is never to set it on fire.

I know times have changed but the most fun I've ever had watching the Villa was the 87/88 promotion year. Some brilliant away games, great goals and we were winning. I didn't seem to enjoy the following seasons relegation battle half as much.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #314 on: January 18, 2015, 09:54:51 AM »
We need to win minimum 4 out of remaing 16 and with a few draws that should do it. So it's not difficult to avoid relegation but only having won 2 out of 18  to do so we need change of management....now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal