collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 08:32:13 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 08:31:53 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 160308 times)

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
Re: Is this the season...
« Reply #255 on: January 11, 2015, 09:44:38 AM »
The major difference between Lambert and Pulis appears to be competence.

This with bells on. I understand people saying he'd hardly have been an inspiring appointment but you can't deny he knows what he's doing.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #256 on: January 11, 2015, 09:47:07 AM »
The thing is if we do go down then it will be fully deserved. We have stank up the league for a while and the club has consistently made terrible decisions. The most recent being continuing to employ a man who clearly isn't up to the job. It's just sad that the fans will suffer.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #257 on: January 11, 2015, 09:54:43 AM »
WBA and Palace getting new managers has worked against us.  Agree with what was said on 606 than us not making a change and getting Pulis while he was free could come back to hunt us.  Still think we stay up, but it will just be by the skin of our teeth once again.  But then if you consider that we may lose certain key players in the summer, and if Lambert is again in charge next season then next season could be the year.

It was the case the clubs Norwich , Cardiff and Fulham sacked their managers and were relegated last season.
Any manager situation is reviewed though but can be certain provisions

You could argue the difference is that we've got better players than those three clubs had. We've probably got better players than the clubs below us at the moment.

Offline ez

« Reply #258 on: January 11, 2015, 10:50:50 AM »
I really think it all hinges on whether Lambert stays or not. Take your pick Lerner.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #259 on: January 11, 2015, 11:48:59 AM »
Yep. We are Cov of 20nyears ago.

That is the most depressing statement I have seen for a long long time.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #260 on: January 11, 2015, 11:51:21 AM »
Yep. We are Cov of 20nyears ago.

That is the most depressing statement I have seen for a long long time.

Don't worry. If we go down we'll be back.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #261 on: January 11, 2015, 11:55:17 AM »
Chin up everyone.  We are carbon neutral AND we have a lamp.

If there is a genie in the lamp we may have a chance. Maybe Randy knows what he is doing after all.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #262 on: January 11, 2015, 01:43:25 PM »
Last season Norwich Fulham (more than once) and Cariff sacked managers but appointed poor replacements but two strugglers this season Palace and WBA have sacked and made strong appointments which I believe will keep them up, for me that means its us, Burnley, Leicester, Qpr and Sunderland for the 3 relegation spots, if we cannot find goals quickly we may well go down, we will know a lot more following the next 3 fixtures

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #263 on: January 11, 2015, 01:47:52 PM »
no.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2015, 04:24:20 PM »
Well, I for one think it's time to make a stand. In the event that we either lose or don't score against Liverpool we should boycott the Bournemouth game. Fuck it, we won't win the cup anyway. See if Randolph takes notice when we are playing in front of 8000 at villa park, 4000 of which are away fans due to having to increase away allocation

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #265 on: January 11, 2015, 04:29:34 PM »
Last season Norwich Fulham (more than once) and Cariff sacked managers but appointed poor replacements but two strugglers this season Palace and WBA have sacked and made strong appointments which I believe will keep them up, for me that means its us, Burnley, Leicester, Qpr and Sunderland for the 3 relegation spots, if we cannot find goals quickly we may well go down, we will know a lot more following the next 3 fixtures

Burnley look ok to particularly as Ings is back scoring. I think they will stay up. I agree with the other 4 though inc us and also Hull

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #266 on: January 11, 2015, 04:44:39 PM »

Burnley look ok to particularly as Ings is back scoring. I think they will stay up. I agree with the other 4 though inc us and also Hull

Sorry I forgot Hull, I agree Burnley look ok at present but they will be right in the mix come the end of the season,  interestingly they are our last game of the season at Villa Park.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #267 on: January 11, 2015, 04:45:34 PM »
I think we'll probably be okay, possibly not. We don't deserve to be, though.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #268 on: January 11, 2015, 04:57:14 PM »
We have had four years now were we have gone into April shitting our pants, and due to our lack of goals and chances created I really fear this is the year when it catches up on us.

We're are turning into a Fulham type of team, mid to lower table team and eventually these type of teams go down, basically because they are consistently not good enough.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #269 on: January 11, 2015, 05:29:00 PM »
Need to change the formation, it's not working! Benteke is moaning but he's probably as frustrated as everyone else. I'd give Robinson some minutes, Gabby and Weimann need to stop playing every game and play with wingers.  Going through the middle isn't working. Maybe cleverly could play in the hole or get him to sit and put Delph in the hole when he's back. At the minute whatever it is were doing (because I have no clue ) isn't working

I've not seen much of Benteke moaning.  And I do think he puts in a shift on the pitch or at least does his best to.  There is only so much a guy can do when the support has been useless and there has been no good service to him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal