collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 160973 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Is this the season...
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2014, 03:18:54 AM »
My guess is that we will lose to West Ham and Saints. I don't think he can survive 2 more defeats even with the most stubborn and out of touch owner that we have.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2014, 05:01:40 AM »
I'd have liked to have thought he wouldn't have survived 6 defeats (5 without scoring) and going out of the LC at home to Orient and that's just this season - throw in all of the previous unwanted records.

I honestly think we're stuck with him, all the way to the Championship if that's what happens.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2014, 05:50:32 AM »
After the last two games ,where we have lost to QPR and Spurs ,who lets be honest,were pretty poor ,i think if Lambert stays,this will be the season we are relegated.

In my opinion all the signs are there of a side who gets relegated.Firstly,we have a manager whose record is nothing short of awful,home and away.Secondly,we are prone to defensive lapses,weak in midfield with no creativity and struggle to score goals.

Another reason i think we will go,is that our better players are injury prone and we do seem to have awful bad luck,when it comes to sustaining serious injuries

Due to bad management, i also expect us to lose both Delph and Vlarr in January.Both have still not signed new contracts and are not likely to either.Rather than risk losing them for nothing at the end of the season,i fear Learner will order them to be sold

Lastly, i think the discipline,or rather lack it will come to bite us as the season develops and suspensions start to kick in. I think i am right in saying that under Lambert,we have picked up more yellow cards than any other Premier side.

Offline levico

« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2014, 10:47:51 AM »
William Hill offering 3-1 on us going down - I don't think they are concentrating.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2014, 10:55:45 AM »
I am beginning to think that it is. From the last 2 games we should have got a minimum of 4 points based on the balance of the play and we got nothing. Whilst you make your own luck the Gods are clearly against us and we have the look of the 86-87 team about us. 

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2014, 10:56:00 AM »
Still lulled by our decent start probably.

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2014, 11:01:51 AM »
We cannot keep hoping every year there are 3 teams worse than us, I think this year will be the year when there will not be, as said above, I think Vlaar is a dead cert to be gone January, not as certain about Delph, but would not put any money on him staying.

Injuries , I think the last time Villa had a season without substantial injuries was 1980/81. More importantly this year they are happening to the players we can least afford them to happen to.

Disciplinary problems will around December start to kick in, we pick up far to many unnecessary bookings and to top all of that off, we are not very good.

The repercussions for this club will take years to get over and I have said it before, living abroad and have done for the last 8 years, when you drop out of the Premiere league, you literally drop off the world football map.

Offline He wears a magic hat

« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2014, 11:19:21 AM »
Its interesting to note that from the corresponding fixtures last season we are three points better off

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2014, 12:17:12 PM »
well , let's not allow a statistic like that interrupt a tsunami of bed wetting.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2014, 12:18:59 PM »
well , let's not allow a statistic like that interrupt a tsunami of bed wetting.

6 defeats on the bounce. I pissed the fucking bed last night, woke up in the shallow end

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2014, 12:30:32 PM »
I must admit my rubber under sheet is coming in handy at the moment

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2014, 01:39:45 PM »

6 defeats on the bounce. I pissed the fucking bed last night, woke up in the shallow end

I am with Chico on this one. Had to scoot off Dubai last Tuesday morning still ranting about our performance down the road from me at Loftus Rd, then get held up on the way back yesterday to miss our game. I felt like pissing the bed in protest (if I had still been in a hotel I probably would have done so).

Offline Reuben

« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2014, 01:50:29 PM »
If we do go down, I reckon Lambert will still be kept on!  Who are we realistically going to get as manager who has got a as good a chance of getting us straight back up as him?  Names like Koeman and Klinsmann will be a thing of the past.  It would probably be Roy Keane of course!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2014, 02:11:16 PM »
Can we re-set the poll? i'm fucking shitting it

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2014, 02:38:28 PM »
If you think QPR, Burnley and Leicester will finish above us, then lump your money on it, I am sure the bookies will be glad for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal