collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa match thread by aj2k77
[Today at 07:23:57 PM]

FA Cup replays scrapped by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:55:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 160932 times)

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
Re: Is this the season...
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2014, 03:09:36 PM »
Burnley down

Villa palace Sunderland qpr Leicester to fight out for other two

Wba hull Newcastle be safe

There's a lesson for us all in here.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2014, 03:17:18 PM »
crap thread,

yes weve lost five on the bounce, against a bunch of no hopers and qpr
yes our best players out for a month or so
yes benteke isnt back to his best
But we are Villa and we will kick you up in the air just when you dont expect it.
Sunday tough one and a lot of you will be ticking the away box (shame on you) as a supporter of Villa when im pitch side i support the boys, i may slag them off on here and in the pub, but downward spirals are just that.

So please you that will be there Sunday; SUPPORT.

ITS BETTER THAN THE ALTERNATIVE.

So, to sum up, it's not OK for other people to "slag Villa off" on this "crap thread", but it's OK for you to slag them off, either here or at the pub?

Oh, and shame on us for thinking we'll lose (when we've just lost 5 games without scoring) against a decent side.

good retort,

really.

chalk board out!

negativity really helps = no

Support just might

on forums and other places people with interest meet imo its ok to talk the matter over.

Just saying please whilst in VP support the players wearing claret and blue.

In fairness I'd say Villa fans are a lot more tolerant than most when it comes to supporting the team once they're in the ground. There comes a point however where disgruntled fans can voice their opinion. It's probably fair enough after 5 straight defeats without scoring a goal.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2014, 03:22:37 PM »
Didn't an ex player (Heskey?) say something like VP didn't go hostile during games, it just went really quiet, which actually had more of an impact?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2014, 03:33:59 PM »
He did yeah.

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2014, 05:36:29 PM »
Personell-wise we should be better off this season than the two previous ones. Our game play was better than QPR's, but they are dire, and will probably be relegated. However, it's not a big help that we knock it about a bit better if we are unable to score and prone to concede soft goals.

The big worry is that our key players are quite injury prone. The QPR game showed that without Delph, and with Benteke and Vlaar some way off their best form, our team isn't all that. I voted "Probably not, but I'm worried".

Online puppyfeat

« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2014, 08:00:54 PM »
I'm convinced we'll go down this season - as I was before the start of the season - but I continue to look for positives. Sadly I can't really see any and all I have are hopes, mainly that Benteke can find scoring form soon, and that Delph will make a faster than expected recovery. The only other hope - the main one - is that some mega-rich genuine football fan will buy the club, get rid of Lambert and bring the good times back. And let's face it, if no-one emerges soon while we're still a Premier League club then that's not very likely either.

This weekend we probably couldn't be meeting Spurs at a better time, considering how disappointing they've been recently. If we can beat them - somehow! - then that will give us a big lift and hopefully we can build on that and pick up some points in the next few weeks. However, I'm sure Spurs will be thinking just the same way - it's a great opportunity for them to get back to winning ways too. So it could be a great game, although I'm not sure I can bear to watch it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2014, 08:05:08 PM »
I think we'll be okay this season. Next season is a different matter unless things change. I doubt Benteke, Vlaar and Delph will be wearing Villa shirts this time next year, and that is the spine of the outfield gone.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2014, 08:06:23 PM »
Didn't an ex player (Heskey?) say something like VP didn't go hostile during games, it just went really quiet, which actually had more of an impact?

To be fair there was a lot of stunned silence when Heskey played for us.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2014, 08:08:37 PM »
I see Ivanhoe has spoken today and said there's no goals in the side and too many young players who aren't experienced at relegation battles. Is he as crap a pundit as he was a goalscorer?

Offline supertom

« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2014, 08:14:32 PM »
I see Ivanhoe has spoken today and said there's no goals in the side and too many young players who aren't experienced at relegation battles. Is he as crap a pundit as he was a goalscorer?
Well that statement is as wide of the mark as one of his wrong side of the corner flag shots. So probably yes.
We've got plenty of players experienced in relegation scraps. Too many. You can't move for the amount of relegation battlers we have in the side.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2014, 08:20:16 PM »
Yes Emile should really check and will find that we have the most experienced squad in the League when it comes to relegation battles.

However on to the question posed  teams that hover around relegation  for more than a couple of season do end up going down. Experience of relegation scraps is a hinderance rather than a benefit. This will be our 5th season. Scary!

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2014, 08:33:41 PM »
With a bit of luck we might finish about 15th, but if our injury 'luck' continues we might just go this time.  Which, aside from the witless piss-taking, money draining, better than bog-standard-or-below players leaving, take-over-likeliood-reducing aspects, would't be all that bad.

Lambert needs a win on the weekend.  Villa need a win.

Offline eric woolban woolban

« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2014, 09:15:39 PM »
We're doomed with him in charge.

In Lambert's 85 league games in charge the stats are:

Won 23
Drew 20
Lost 42
Scored 90
Conceded 144
Goal Difference - 54
Points 79.

A 50% defeat rate. Geez!

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2014, 09:49:16 PM »
We're doomed with him in charge.

In Lambert's 85 league games in charge the stats are:

Won 23
Drew 20
Lost 42
Scored 90
Conceded 144
Goal Difference - 54
Points 79.

A 50% defeat rate. Geez!
the revealing stat from that is that he averages just over a point 1.047 a game which indicates a less than 40 points over a season, this is constant relegation form and at some point he will get us relegated.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2014, 09:59:07 PM »
If we were ever going to be relegated, it would have happened under McLiesh. Lambert has proved pretty clueless in setting us up, but there was something pretty special in playing 7 defenders at home.

We're bullet proof. There will always be a tranche of promoted clubs as poor as QPR, Burnley and Leicester and some turds that haven't quite flushed like Palace and Sunderland to keep us out the mire.

15th is our horizon for the foreseeable future. Aren't we lucky? Yes, 77 other clubs would say, but then they support Mickey Mouse outfits and not Aston Villa. Lucky we ain't. Or entertained.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal