collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Baldy
[Today at 10:14:15 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 10:12:59 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 10:10:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:00:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Richard E
[Today at 10:00:37 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 160340 times)

Offline levico

Re: Is this the season...
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2014, 02:18:19 PM »
Do they do drugs tests in the NFL?

Offline NeilH

« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2014, 11:40:44 AM »
I'm in the 'Probably not, but worried' box.
I'm hanging on to once we get our full team back to fitness we'll have enough to make it safe.
With Benteke scoring them, Guzan saving them, Senderos to bolster defence & Delph the midfield, a fit Kozak giving an option and Sanchez finding his feet.
I also think the when Benteke's up to speed Weimann will rediscover his form

I'm sounding quite desperate  ;D

This is pretty much my take on it. I am convinced that no matter how piss poor coaching is that we clearly are getting, there's enough in the players to once more splutter over the line. I am convinced that there is far more in this squad, but given the Lambert clearly is bomb proof, bullet proof and probably ebola proof, I predict 15th once more.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2014, 12:45:02 PM »
crap thread,

yes weve lost five on the bounce, against a bunch of no hopers and qpr
yes our best players out for a month or so
yes benteke isnt back to his best
But we are Villa and we will kick you up in the air just when you dont expect it.
Sunday tough one and a lot of you will be ticking the away box (shame on you) as a supporter of Villa when im pitch side i support the boys, i may slag them off on here and in the pub, but downward spirals are just that.

So please you that will be there Sunday; SUPPORT.

ITS BETTER THAN THE ALTERNATIVE.

Offline Fred

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2014, 01:03:43 PM »
NO. Burnley will go, i would expect QPR to go as well.
I think if we changed manager we could finish 11/12/13th but as it stands i would expect 15/16th.

We are poor under Lambert but i think we have enough to stay up. The irony is i think we will Sunday then lose the following game as we seem to take one step forward then one step back again.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2014, 01:08:30 PM »
The thing that worries me is that we will manage to stay up and nothing will change....

I'm much more worried about relegation than directionless meandering in the lower reaches of the Premier League.

Having lived until recently in Nottingham for 15 years, I know how former European Champions can become failed also rans indefinitely.

Even in the last 6 months we have seen Chief Exec replaced and a new Assistant brought it. Ok hasn't helped on the field as yet and may not but can but try.

I am hoping there is a performance release clause in the Lambert's contract as per Moyes last year.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2014, 01:09:35 PM »
Disagree. For me it's like that film 127 hours, and the match on Sunday is the arm. I want maximum vitriol. I hate that it's got to that, and I will feel sorry for him (even though I think he's crap), but it's necessary. The bigger and sharper the knife to cut off the arm, then the quicker it will be.

Offline Fred

« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2014, 01:15:27 PM »
I also hope we get a decent FA Cup 3rd round draw and do well this year. Perhaps a extended cup run will held our league form?

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2014, 01:17:25 PM »
I also hope we get a decent FA Cup 3rd round draw and do well this year. Perhaps a extended cup run will held our league form?

I doubt it will have the slightest difference

Offline supertom

« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2014, 01:27:03 PM »

I doubt it will have the slightest difference

It didn't help Wigan, in fact it probably contributed in part to them going down.
I'm all for a good cup run, but with Lambert in charge and a training set up that seems to increase injury probablity, the less games we have, the better.

Now if we have Moyes in charge next month, then I'm all for having a cup push because come March/April he'd have us home and dry in the league.
Lambert can't hack it.

As for what constitutes a good draw for Lamberk is another matter. We could get a non-league side on our own patch and go into the game as the underdog.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2014, 01:27:21 PM »
I'm struggling to think what a decent draw would be considering we've been knocked out by teams from the 3 divisions below us previously Liverpool or Norwich away maybe ?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2014, 01:35:13 PM »
crap thread,

But we are Villa and we will kick you up in the air just when you dont expect it.
Sunday tough one and a lot of you will be ticking the away box (shame on you) as a supporter of Villa when im pitch side i support the boys, i may slag them off on here and in the pub, but downward spirals are just that.

So, to sum up, it's not OK for other people to "slag Villa off" on this "crap thread", but it's OK for you to slag them off, either here or at the pub?

Oh, and shame on us for thinking we'll lose (when we've just lost 5 games without scoring) against a decent side.

Offline Fred

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2014, 01:40:17 PM »
I'm struggling to think what a decent draw would be considering we've been knocked out by teams from the 3 divisions below us previously Liverpool or Norwich away maybe ?

I forgot our record to lower league teams. Man City away.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2014, 01:41:39 PM »

I forgot our record to lower league teams. Man City away.

I honestly would rather we got a PL side in the Cup, as I think we'd actually be more likely to get a result than we would against dross of the order of Sheffield United.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2014, 02:01:56 PM »
Burnley down

Villa palace Sunderland qpr Leicester to fight out for other two

Wba hull Newcastle be safe

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2014, 02:41:08 PM »
crap thread,

So, to sum up, it's not OK for other people to "slag Villa off" on this "crap thread", but it's OK for you to slag them off, either here or at the pub?

Oh, and shame on us for thinking we'll lose (when we've just lost 5 games without scoring) against a decent side.

good retort,

really.

chalk board out!

negativity really helps = no

Support just might

on forums and other places people with interest meet imo its ok to talk the matter over.

Just saying please whilst in VP support the players wearing claret and blue.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal