collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 12:15:02 PM]

Fog stopped play by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:12:31 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Mister E
[Today at 12:11:24 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by rob_bridge
[Today at 12:09:55 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Mister E
[Today at 12:03:48 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Mister E
[Today at 11:54:13 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 11:44:42 AM]

NSWE Investment by eamonn
[Today at 11:23:45 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 12:15:02 PM]

Re: Fog stopped play by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 12:12:31 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Mister E
[Today at 12:11:24 PM]

Re: Fog stopped play by brian green
[Today at 12:10:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by rob_bridge
[Today at 12:09:55 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Mister E
[Today at 12:03:48 PM]

Re: Fog stopped play by mamuu
[Today at 12:02:11 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Dogtanian
[Today at 12:02:04 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is this the season... (Poll reset after Albion double)  (Read 161200 times)

Offline Steve kirk

Re: Is this the season...
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2014, 10:41:27 PM »
If Lambert stays we will go this time, although on paper we are stronger we have a soft underbelly and there is something very wrong, a manager who can inspire and motivate could easily keep us up, that man is not Paul Lambert, that new contract is the noose around our neck, feeling very sad.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2014, 10:46:28 PM »
Its a real possibility. We have become the new Blackburn. From the very top down interest has waned and it shows. Over time almost we have become most peoples favorite team to play against. We have more become that "banana skin" club. You expect to beat us but occasionally we can nick a win against a team you don't expect.

I pick Blackburn rather than say Wigan, because no neutral enjoys seeing us play unless we are playing against them.

Offline supertom

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2014, 10:46:46 PM »
If Lambert stays we will go this time, although on paper we are stronger we have a soft underbelly and there is something very wrong, a manager who can inspire and motivate could easily keep us up, that man is not Paul Lambert, that new contract is the noose around our neck, feeling very sad.
There's no pressure at all on Lambert. He's safe as houses. Redknapp was a dead man walking a couple of weeks ago. They were much improved and had plenty of fight against Liverpool and have just beaten us comfortably. That's a response you sometimes get from someone who knows they're right on the edge.
Likewise Newcastle's form has turned around of late after Pardew looked as good as gone.

When are we going to get a response like that from Lambert? Where he'll switch something around, show some guts, really have to get the all from his players to save his job?

win, lose or draw. It seems to be the same for Lambert. If he keeps losing he keeps his job, no matter how inept we look. I really hope Randy wakes the fuck up, but he seems like he's given up the ghost.

Offline levico

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2014, 10:52:50 PM »
You could be forgiven for thinking Lerner wants it to happen. We could lose 10 in a row without scoring and Lambert would still be here.

Which we will

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2014, 01:28:21 AM »
I went for the 3rd option but i'll add "really" before worried.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2014, 01:32:24 AM »
Yes.

The reason is Paul Lambert is not up to the job and Randy Learner will not replace him. Which he should. Today.

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2014, 07:39:10 AM »
Terrible nights sleep and feeling like I could throw up, it does feel like this could be our year to go, it's possible that Lambert might fall on his sword if we lose 6 in a row (has the club ever lost 6 league games in a row?) But the trouble is Lerner would probably appoint Keane who is not the answer, I am certain Moyes or Pulis would save us, over to you Randolph.
Pissed off of Bartley Green

Offline LTA

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2014, 07:47:16 AM »
We will finish bottom the way we're going, never mind go down. I don't mind being dull as long as its effective, but this is anything but.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2014, 09:13:30 AM »
Strangely  the only way we'll go down is if the sides who will finish below us; Burnley, QPR, Leicester, Sunderland and Palace, end up playing us every week.

At the moment I am revaluating my Moody rating, having us move from 12th to 15th. I think that is entirely unacceptable as there is a squad of players here capable of finishing in the top half if organised and set up correctly.

We have been beaten by an awful QPR side, who were absolutely awful last night and almost certain to be relegated. Yet we made it so easy for them.

The four games at the start are looking more and more like a blip when wheighed up against what's come after and what came at the end of last season.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:35:28 AM by Ads »

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2014, 09:32:54 AM »
Theres a good chance . I'm definitely worried . 

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2014, 09:41:04 AM »
I'm just really jaded by it all. There was a time when a Villa defeat would eat at me for the following week, but now by the next morning I'm just apathetic to it.

Sums it up for me as well. First Mcleish and Lerner, and now Lambert and Lerner are slowly choking the passion from me.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2014, 09:48:52 AM »
Nearly a quarter of the way through the season and we've scored 4 goals. That is nothing short of pathetic. Think we'll be right down there with QPR, Burnley, Leicester & Sunderland and quite frankly we deserve to go down. We've become the new Wigan - flirting with relegation year after year until we finally drop.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2014, 09:55:06 AM »
If we do drop, what do you think the current setup would do in the Championship?  I'm really not convinced we'd come straight back up.  I think we're more likely to do a Leeds.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2014, 10:05:59 AM »
The only tactical approach that Lambert seems to have is to play deep and catch teams on the break. That works occasionally, when the opposition have a bit of an off day. But rocket science it ain't.

If Lerner sacked him and replaced him with a tub of lard, it'd be a couple of months at least before anyone noticed.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2014, 11:58:18 AM »
we can't score and we nearly always concede so I'm really struggling to see how we can stay up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal