collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: QPR v Aston Villa - Pre Match Thread  (Read 30050 times)

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
Re: QPR v Aston Villa - Pre Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2014, 03:43:34 PM »
The stats show we don't lose 5 on the spin so I agree we will win here or draw at worst. Counter attack is fine just get the job done lads , QPR will see it as a must win game and will set out to attack which will suit us if we keep it very tight especially first half

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2014, 06:40:03 PM »
Don't care how we do it, even if we play terrible and nick a scrappy one nil with a fluke goal, we just need to get a win here, and really should be beating these.  I suspect we will make life difficult for ourselves, a clean sheet for us would be good, but the defence is unstable at the moment, and QPR at home will have a chance, but I think we will win 2-1 Benteke and Vlaar for us.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2014, 07:45:13 PM »
I would keep Benteke on the bench till halftime. Start with Weimann, Gabby & Richardson up top. QPR has one of the slowest teams in the league. They are one of the very few teams pace & pressing really could win us the game.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2014, 08:19:19 PM »
when you haven't scored in what seems like forever, keeping the one player that has the ability to change that on the bench isn't my idea of being the solution. He needs to be out there. We need to create proper chances for him to score. It's that simple, yet I am sure we will make it look really, really hard.

Offline paulcomben

• GM : Oct, 2013
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2014, 08:46:51 PM »
Every match seems to bring one or more injuries that have remained secret. If not, likely to be: Guzan-Hutton, Vlaar, Senderos, Cissokho-Sanchez, Westwood-Cleverley, Richardson, Gabby-Benteke.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2014, 09:33:16 PM »
QPR are there for the taking. I hope we have the attitude where we expect to beat them, rather than the one where every game in the premiership is tough so we will be lucky to get anything from the game. Goalless draw for me.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2014, 11:14:34 PM »
I would go with the following
Guzan
Hutton    Vlaar     Baker   Cissokho
               Sanchez
      Westwood      Cleverley
                   Cole
       Grealish
                    Benteke

Let Cole and Grealish have free roles, we have been too stereotype for far too long

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2014, 11:50:54 PM »
Don't care how we do it, even if we play terrible and nick a scrappy one nil with a fluke goal, we just need to get a win here, and really should be beating these.  I suspect we will make life difficult for ourselves, a clean sheet for us would be good, but the defence is unstable at the moment, and QPR at home will have a chance, but I think we will win 2-1 Benteke and Vlaar for us.

I'm not sure we are in a position to call any club 'these' anymore?

Or to say 'really should be beating these?'

They probably feel we are 'these'

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2014, 04:47:33 AM »
I see this as our hardest game of the season so far. Obviously not hard because of the quality of the opposition but because of the circumstances. Us needing desperately to pull out of a tail spin, them plucky unlucky losers to a "top" team last week. In addition we do not have a manager or a core of hard players, mentally hard, who can shrug off all the Arry worship and London club bollocks and simply go out there and stick it up them. My only glimmer of optimism is that the return of Keane will lift the cold dead hand of Lambert from the dressing room.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2014, 06:37:44 AM »
Woke up this morning having dreamt we've lost 6-1. Holy shit I hope not.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2014, 09:33:47 AM »
Monday night.
On the telly.
'Appy 'Arry love in on sky.

What could possible go wrong?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2014, 09:43:44 AM »
I can't decide whether i'd throw Grealish in or go with Weimann, Benteke and Gabby. Liverpool caught them on the break a few times last week and apparently Ferdinand is back for them and he's not the quickest anymore.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2014, 09:45:33 AM »

I'm not sure we are in a position to call any club 'these' anymore?

Or to say 'really should be beating these?'

They probably feel we are 'these'

But I base that more on how bad they have been so far this season than how good we have been, but to be fair in the opener four or five games we have been pretty good at times.

As for Benteke I think it depends how far along fitness wise he as to weather I would start him.  He needs to play some part at least if only to get him crucial minutes.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2014, 10:37:42 AM »
More than anything tomorrow night we need to put up a good show. Even if we lose. I hope Benteke is up to speed for this one for Ferdinand is there for the taking. At least a season well past his considerable best. I would play Weimann for the simple reason that he will work hard up front guaranteed. You can never tell what Gabby might or might not do. I dont know if playing Sanchez would be helpful in this type of game. Joe Cole might be worth a half though.

Will Okore be on the bench? I doubt it but I certainly hope young Jack is. He could be the difference.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:44:56 AM by Ron Manager »

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2014, 12:41:29 PM »
Something just occurred to me. Arry still seething at apparently being given a good talking to by Fernandes will deliberately select Taarabt
who he will find in a nearby cafe just before the match. Mr Taarabt will exert himself  score a hat trick and storm out of the club back to his massive plate of chips.

Arry will describe this 'as a masterstroke of football management' and further announce he is back in the running to be the next England manager.

All from his car window!

Do we have any luck?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal