collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Price of Football 2014  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: The Price of Football 2014
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 07:13:19 PM »
Am I right in thinking burnley away is going to be £42 each ?

£35 for adults, about £22 for under 22s. We have a 4100 allocation, which is nice and generous.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 09:56:58 AM »

The cost of tickets for three out of our next three games have cost me around £125.00. I am unsure as to what the inflationary costs are, but the seat I will have at Goodison, Loftus Road or the Boleyn won't have changed in standard over the past twenty years. I would hasten that the quality of football remains the same too.

I cannot think of too many industries where there has been such a disproportionate increase in cost weighed up against the improvement in the experience.

Good point Ads.

I can't remember the exact multiples, but going to watch the Villa in the 70s & 80s was maybe the equivalent of 4-5 pints. Now it is probably nearer 10-12 pints (not too sure on beer prices in Brum anymore).

These days you need those extra pints to watch us.

I've got one of my old tickets at home from when we played Man United away in 1984. £4 to stand in the old Scoreboard End and I remember the coach ticket cost more than the match ticket.

There's absolutely nothing anybody can say to me that justifies ticket prices these days.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 10:17:28 AM »
I've got one of my old tickets at home from when we played Man United away in 1984. £4 to stand in the old Scoreboard End and I remember the coach ticket cost more than the match ticket.

There's absolutely nothing anybody can say to me that justifies ticket prices these days.

I agree completely.

I know its obviously not about the Premier League, and I risk conflating the two, but there was an article on the BBC last week about the nascent Indian Super League. There is a quote at the end of the article, which I think, retrospectively, was probably as applicable to the Premier League, although not actually public stated at the time, as it is now to the Indian Super League:

Quote from: AIFF vice-president, Subrata Dutta, speaking to the BBC
"Until now, we were getting people from low- and middle-income groups at our matches,"

"Instead, we are targeting more affluent people from higher income brackets.

"They are the target audience of the sponsors. They are the decision-makers."

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 10:59:53 AM »
I've not had chance to study the report in detail and have just looking at the Villa followed by a quick glance at the figures for SHA.

I'm amazed that the most expensive season ticket at the Sty is higher than the most expensive at Villa Park. Do you get to pick the team and sit in the dugout with that ticket?

My gob is well and truly smacked.
that too probably, if you're going to watch us there

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 07:26:54 PM »
I'm skint at present so don't have a ST. As it stand by the Sunderland game i'll have done 4 homes (Newcastle, Citeh, Leicester, Sunderland), tickets prices in total £55. I bet that isn't much different to what they pay at Worcester.
I'm guessing that's taking advantage of viagogo seats ? Does that £55 include the fees ?

Ads thanks for the burnley info. £35 is bang on my threshold of what I'd pay for a ticket in our current predicament . So may go. 4100 is a big allocation too so should be a good atmosphere assuming we sell most of them.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 07:52:10 PM »
No worries. I expect it will sell out based on the novelty factor of them probably only being around for the one season.

Offline Vegas

• Location: N Yorks (user name is 10+ years old and was only briefly true)
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2014, 11:28:06 PM »
Further to Chico's comment above, which I have tried and failed to quote, I've got the first Inter Milan (I think the Phil King one) ticket on my wall.  I was U16 at the time and it was £3.50.

The thing with football is that it's just worse than it used to be.  £3.50 (yes there's inflation, but...) for a game  with atmosphere, bit of edge, in a competition where a fair number of teams could actually win something.

Compared to now, where I recently took my 3 kids, for £132 for the 4 of us, to a game where we're cannon fodder, and there's little in the way of atmosphere.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 10:16:30 AM »
The car park full of brand new never driven Chevrolets at Old Trafford tells me everything thats wrong with these spoilt twats. I remember fondly Big Ron sending Dalian home from Hillsborough because he'd bought an Alpha Romeo rather than use the company car he'd been given at Wednesday.

Player Power - it's killing my love for the professional game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal