collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stefan Moore  (Read 11210 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Stefan Moore
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2014, 08:10:12 PM »
I remember Stefan's goal against Charlton.  He looked fantastic that night, and one of his touches to go past a defender was absolutely sublime.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2014, 12:42:30 AM »
It may have been the mighty Richard Rufus he pwnd but nevertheless it was a canny, confident bit of skill.

Offline supertom

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2014, 09:39:13 AM »
It may have been the mighty Richard Rufus he pwnd but nevertheless it was a canny, confident bit of skill.
That's kind of taken a lot of the gloss off that goal in two words. Ha ha. One of which being Rufus.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 09:56:16 AM »
Didn't Rufus scored a comical own goal for us going years back?

Offline bruisedshins

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 12:48:06 PM »

Was it around Christmas time when we were in the running for the title? I seem to remember our last win for a while being away to Charlton and Rufus scoring an og, then the points dried up.

Offline SirSteveUK

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 02:52:13 PM »
You're both correct - 21-12-98  1-0 win at the Valley

Offline SirSteveUK

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 05:34:42 PM »
]

Was it around Christmas time when we were in the running for the title? I seem to remember our last win for a while being away to Charlton and Rufus scoring an og, then the points dried up.

Your memory is excellent

Upto and including Charlton - W10 D5 L2
After Charlton - W2 D2 L8

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2014, 11:43:04 AM »
Said this a couple of times previously, so sorry to sound repetitive, but if he'd had a crack when through on goal and roofed it in that game at VP against the dogshitters we drew 2-2, instead of doing the 'right thing' and squaring it to JPA who was in a better position (but missed), I think he would've had a decent run at Villa. It would have given him a lot of confidence and he'd have been an instant holte end hero, which would have bought him time and made it hard for him to be overlooked by the manager.

Sorry just realised thread title is Stefan Moore, but Luke was being discussed the last few posts, which is who I was talking about obv.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:45:34 AM by robbo1874 »

Offline supertom

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2014, 11:48:11 AM »
Said this a couple of times previously, so sorry to sound repetitive, but if he'd had a crack when through on goal and roofed it in that game at VP against the dogshitters we drew 2-2, instead of doing the 'right thing' and squaring it to JPA who was in a better position (but missed), I think he would've had a decent run at Villa. It would have given him a lot of confidence and he'd have been an instant holte end hero, which would have bought him time and made it hard for him to be overlooked by the manager.

Sorry just realised thread title is Stefan Moore, but Luke was being discussed the last few posts, which is who I was talking about obv.
Yep, it's a game of fine margins really. I recall Bosko Balaban in one of his few games, I think against Utd. He found himself through, 1 on 1 with the keeper but fluffed it. Had he scored, thinks might have been very different for him here.

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2014, 07:08:48 PM »
You're both correct - 21-12-98  1-0 win at the Valley
Monday night live on Sky, Rufus scored after three minutes. Dire game freezing cold and they didn't sell alcohol. I fell asleep on the way home leaving my brother to drive all the way back without company. I remember it well. 16 years ago, jeez.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2014, 07:11:41 PM »
I remember that. A group of us had just played a 5-a-side match at the old Stumps (now The Academy) and stayed on to watch it. Dull.

Offline ACVilla

• GM : 16.03.2017
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2014, 07:15:37 PM »
Loved 5 a side at stumps. We started in the Sunday league bottom division and got promoted three seasons in a row then won the first division title the very next season and immediately disbanded. Oaks Army was our name and we played in Stoke City shirts if anyone remembers us. I distinctly remember Glebe Farm, Hall Green and The Barrell being our fiercest rivals. Sorry for the O/T.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2014, 07:21:07 PM »
We were the All Blacks. We were crap. One season we fluked winning Division II and got promoted to Division I where we were regularly annihilated. 23-1 was our worst defeat, I think. We disbanded a couple of seasons after.

Offline IamLegend

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2014, 01:11:05 PM »
For what it is worth I don't think Luke Moore had an attitude problem.
He was a very reserved kid, nice lad.
 I don't think he believed in himself enough, he needed to have more of an ego or attitude if anything.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2014, 02:38:40 PM »

Yep, it's a game of fine margins really. I recall Bosko Balaban in one of his few games, I think against Utd. He found himself through, 1 on 1 with the keeper but fluffed it. Had he scored, thinks might have been very different for him here.

I was at that game and remember clearly Bosko being through on goal in the second half when we were 1-0 up. He looked scared, never really in control and knowing what he was going to do. He fluffed his chance and I was fairly certain there and then that he was shit. I saw him again in the 3-1 win at Saints a few weeks later and realised he was really shit.  Shitter than any player worth £6m could ever dream of being.

Southampton had that fella on loan who claimed to be George Weah's cousin. He was shit - uber shit-  but at least they didn't buy him. Bosko has to be the worst value signing I have ever seen.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal