collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unim-Press-ed  (Read 6159 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Unim-Press-ed
« on: October 06, 2014, 01:37:01 AM »

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Re: Unim-Press-ed
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 08:16:04 AM »
I had the opportunity to watch the Spam- QPR replay and without bias i would have to say Villa playing as they did Saturday would probably have beaten them both, that just emphasises how distorted the powers that be have allowed the Premiership to become.
The F.A is all about the F.A and as long as their power isn't under threat then they will be quite happy with the status quo, really its all about them and until the overwhelming majority of premiership team supporters give up and stop supporting then nothing will change.
I would be delighted if a multi billionaire bought us and matched the top four in spending but it wouldn't make it any better for the other poor sods.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 08:37:07 AM »
Agree completely our tactics at home really need to be changed.

Offline tom jennings III

• GM : 30.04.2015
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 09:02:01 AM »
Another good article. We go again.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 12:37:36 PM »
I disagree a little, because the reality is that City are miles ahead of us and a very good footballing side, so they are just one of the few sides whom even if you play them at home the best tactic is to defend well and try to hit them on the counter.  Otherwise, we could have been two nil down within the first ten minutes.  I think the problem on Saturday was that when we had the ball we didn't keep it well enough to take pressure off the back four, and that we didn't create enough when we did break.  We are still a little light up front.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 01:16:30 PM »
Yes, good article. It sums up the vast gulf between us and them. Mind you, Gabby pulling up injured in the warm-up killed our chances in an instant; no pace to stretch their defence - Weimann can't play the lone striker role. What's happened to Jores Okore? I was really looking forward to seeing him fit and playing this season. Hope he's not the first of the new 'bomb squad'!!

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 02:25:05 PM »
Complaining about the state of the game, sadly is very King Canute.
There is very little we can do about it. There are more consumers than there are genuine football supporters.
At least I was around to witness 1970 to 1982, when the game still had integrity, passion and still belonged to the fans. The bastards can not take that away and the new breed of consumer fan will never really get what that meant.
Very sad indeed.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 02:55:34 PM »

I would be delighted if a multi billionaire bought us and matched the top four in spending but it wouldn't make it any better for the other poor sods.

Then if we did have an owner who could match them, and in particular the Rich Two, they'd spend another fortune to leap in front of us again. It's like the Cold War - even though you've both got more than you could ever need, if one gets it the other has to get it twice and so on. 

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 03:04:05 PM »
There is very little we can do about it. There are more consumers than there are genuine football supporters.
At least I was around to witness 1970 to 1982, when the game still had integrity, passion and still belonged to the fans. The bastards can not take that away and the new breed of consumer fan will never really get what that meant.
Very sad indeed.

Very well said that man. I console myself with thinking exactly the same thing. I f*****g hate these consumer fans, of which we have legions around here, primarily supporting those classless tossers who play at the Bridge. But there are actually plenty of old school consumer fans too, mostly in the shape of the bindipper 'my uncle was from Liverpool' types. What frustrates the shit of me is you can never win with them. They'll ram their team beating you down your throat, usually via texts to my wife, who doesn't let me respond in the robust way required, but when you occasionally turn the tables and beat them, you know deep down they don't actually care that much; especially when they were shopping in Sainsburys when the match was being played anyway

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 03:17:53 PM »
Very sad indeed.
This.

Some of my younger football "fan" colleagues thought I am/was nuts going to home and away games to watch MY team when I could just go down the pub and watch three games for nothing and get pissed. And they then give me their expert analysis, courtesy of the "pundits", and stroll off smugly thinking they are "true" Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool fans.
Been there since 1960 CL and never been as negative about the game generally as I am now.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 03:25:57 PM »

Then if we did have an owner who could match them, and in particular the Rich Two, they'd spend another fortune to leap in front of us again. It's like the Cold War - even though you've both got more than you could ever need, if one gets it the other has to get it twice and so on.
Based on the Chelsea phenomena, it would appear you can buy an International Fan Base as well. I keep seeing Chelsea shirts over here and on my travels. The new consumer fan will buy the shirt of whichever team he thinks will win.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »
Another good read Dave.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 05:31:55 PM »
Good article Dave, as per, with another little reminder about the whereabouts of Mr Okore!

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 08:29:14 PM »

Which is why they need true fair play rules - like a salary cap.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 09:23:08 AM »
Not much that can be added to that. Still, we can play some games against teams that are in "our league" now, and we've been doing OK against those so far this season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal