collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Open training day 2014 30th October  (Read 8171 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Open training day 2014 30th October
« on: September 24, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »
Paul Lambert is a big admirer of the claret and blue faithful - and he's inviting you into Villa Park.

Boss Lambert has organised for a special open training session to take place at B6 to help supporters and stars bond even more than usual.

The exciting event takes place on the morning of Thursday October 30.

Grandparents, mums, dads and kids are all invited as the new boss puts his squad through their paces.

You'll be able to get up close and personal with the summer signings like Tom Cleverley, Philippe Senderos, Joe Cole, Carlos Sanchez, Aly Cissokho and Kieran Richardson.

Then there's established favourites like Gabby Agbonlahor, Brad Guzan, Andreas Weimann and Ron Vlaar.

You can also see our young stars too like Jack Grealish.

The likes of Roy Keane, Scott Marshall and Andy Marshall will be heavily involved as Lambert watches on intently.

Tickets are today available to season ticket holders.

They are available to Villa Cash and JV-Life members from Tuesday and they go on general sale on Wednesday.

The event is free for season ticket holders - although you will still need to book your seats.

It is £1 for Villa Cash and JV-Life members as well as £2 for all other supporters.

There is no booking fee for the event.

When buying online from the ONLINE BOX OFFICE we advise you use the Print-at-Home facility for your own convenience.

You can also get hold of tickets by contacting 0800 612 0970 or visiting either ticket office at Villa Park or New Street.

As well as the chance to watch training, there will be lots of competitions on the day - and also 'one day only' discounts on merchandise and tickets.

After the training session on the pitch there are several great events to attend off it.

All JV-Life members that purchase a ticket are automatically entered in to the draw to attend our JV-Life press conference.

Last year, Fabian Delph, Nathan Baker and Matthew Lowton were quizzed by our junior reporters, so make sure you're in the draw this year.

You can watch OUR VIDEO from last year.

There is an opportunity to enjoy afternoon tea in the Cornerflag - followed by a full two hour stadium tour.

The event begins at 1pm with the stadium tour beginning at 2pm.

The prices are £12.95 [adults], £7.95 [U16s] and free [U2s].

There is also a family football themed lunch in the 1874 Suite.

It starts at 12noon and lunch will be served up until 2pm, with disco and party games from 1pm.

The prices are £12.95 [adults], £9.95 [U16s] and free [U2s].

At both events, there will be an opportunity to have photos taken with the club's trophies.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
Re: Open training day 2014 30th October
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 02:42:16 PM »
Thank you, Villa are definetely more fan friendly since Randy took over.

Offline IamLegend

Open training session
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 03:34:47 PM »
Anyone been to one of these?
Is it just training, or is there usually other things going on to keep the youths entertained?

Offline supertom

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 07:17:07 PM »
Only gluttons for punishment need apply.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 07:24:46 PM »
I'm quite tempted to go for a quid. Is anyone else going?

Offline supertom

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 07:37:00 PM »
We want a full report and what they actually do in training. I'm willing to guess that very little time is devoted to the beautiful art of the throw-in.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 09:06:20 PM »
We want a full report and what they actually do in training. I'm willing to guess that very little time is devoted to the beautiful art of the throw-in.

Or the through ball for that matter.  Or indeed any pass forward that is shorter than 50 yds.

Offline LTA

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 08:26:09 AM »
If as much effort went into improving the team as it does into these sort of events than surely it would benefit us more.  We're a football club, not a bloody community centre

Offline IamLegend

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 09:22:31 AM »
If as much effort went into improving the team as it does into these sort of events than surely it would benefit us more.  We're a football club, not a bloody community centre

Pathetic.
You're an idiot.

Online frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 09:29:58 AM »
If what we see in matches is the highly-polished, finely-tuned culmination of what happens in training, I think I'll get meself a jigsaw instead...

UTV!

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 09:48:19 AM »
I took the kids to the first 2 of these sessions that the club did, when O'Neil was manager. There were 12,000 there - I had to explain to my kids that I'd been to first team games with fewer spectators...

It was funny watching John Roberston doing some sessions, strolling round the pitch in his shell suit like 8 Ace

Kids enjoyed it. It was free then though
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:53:41 AM by Chico Hamilton III »

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 10:30:58 AM »

Pathetic.
You're an idiot.

Less of that please.You can make your point without resorting to insults.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 10:31:54 AM »
I took the kids to the first 2 of these sessions that the club did, when O'Neil was manager. There were 12,000 there - I had to explain to my kids that I'd been to first team games with fewer spectators...

It was funny watching John Roberston doing some sessions, strolling round the pitch in his shell suit like 8 Ace

Kids enjoyed it. It was free then though

It is free for ST holders, you just have to book a ticket.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 12:30:50 PM »
I'll probably go.

Offline LTA

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 08:20:33 PM »

Pathetic.
You're an idiot.

What I mean is that its all very well putting on these sorts of events and thats a way of getting players and fans to mix.  But I'd rather see more investment in the playing side to make us a better and more easy on the eye side.

Public sessions, functions and kids activities are all well and good, but the most important aspect of any club is surely giving us a more competitive team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal