collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 01:03:39 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa fans accost public enemy No.1 Steve Hodge on his return to Villa Par  (Read 14845 times)

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

Platt might be a bit of a twat but he was brilliant for us. His goals in the second part of the 87/88 season got us up, the next season him, Daley and Rambo (half a season) were the reason we stayed up. In 89/90, him, and God were brilliant and we almost piped Liverpool to the title. The following season with Taylor gone and Doctor Jo trying to get a long ball team to play like Spain, he kept us up single handed. I think he deserved a move.

Hodge on the other hand grade A arse.

Yep, I don't give a shit if David Platt doesn't talk about us in glowing terms, it's what he did for us on the pitch that counts. 

Alan McInally fucked off to Bayern after one good season, yet he's a legend because he still speaks highly of us?  Collymore was mostly shit.  Platt scored the goals that got us promoted, and the goals that got us close to winning the League.  He's easily one of the Top 5 players who have played for us in the last 30 years.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
I don't think anyone has doubted what Platt did for us on the pitch. He is easily in the top 10 players i've ever seen play for us. It doesn't stop him being a spoon faced twat nozzle though.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Platt might be a bit of a twat but he was brilliant for us. His goals in the second part of the 87/88 season got us up, the next season him, Daley and Rambo (half a season) were the reason we stayed up. In 89/90, him, and God were brilliant and we almost piped Liverpool to the title. The following season with Taylor gone and Doctor Jo trying to get a long ball team to play like Spain, he kept us up single handed. I think he deserved a move.

Hodge on the other hand grade A arse.

Yep, I don't give a shit if David Platt doesn't talk about us in glowing terms, it's what he did for us on the pitch that counts. 

Alan McInally fucked off to Bayern after one good season, yet he's a legend because he still speaks highly of us?  Collymore was mostly shit.  Platt scored the goals that got us promoted, and the goals that got us close to winning the League.  He's easily one of the Top 5 players who have played for us in the last 30 years.

Agreed. Platt was brilliant in a Villa shirt and I don't give a shit that he isn't a cheerleader for the club like say Ian Taylor is. He did his talking on the pitch and that's all that matters.

Online nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
He did use to run a bit funny though. As if his frankly ridiculous face was being blown back by the wind which made his chest stick out.

Offline *shellac*

I don't think anyone has doubted what Platt did for us on the pitch. He is easily in the top 10 players i've ever seen play for us. It doesn't stop him being a spoon faced twat nozzle though.
You have to agreed totally on this.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
All that money, exposure to Italian culture and so on.  And he still ends up looking like a fat pie eater from Chadderton.

Offline rob_bridge

This for me.

I don't mind him not being a cheerleader. He wasn't a Villa fan and ultimately only at Villa for 30% of his career. What I mind is the way he writes us out of his history.

Not so much a nod unlike his gushing of Arsenal (Slgihtly more than a bit part player) and Manure - not even a bit part player.

Bollocks to him. And he is about as welcome in Nottingham as Steve Hodge is in most of Birmingham.

As for Collymore I wiah he had demonstrated 1% of the passion on the field that he now, to his creadit, does on Talkshite nowadays.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

This for me.

I don't mind him not being a cheerleader. He wasn't a Villa fan and ultimately only at Villa for 30% of his career. What I mind is the way he writes us out of his history.

Not so much a nod unlike his gushing of Arsenal (Slgihtly more than a bit part player) and Manure - not even a bit part player.

Bollocks to him. And he is about as welcome in Nottingham as Steve Hodge is in most of Birmingham.

As for Collymore I wiah he had demonstrated 1% of the passion on the field that he now, to his creadit, does on Talkshite nowadays.

Can't argue with any of that. I don't expect players to behave like supporters but an acknowledgement of our existence would be nice.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
How did Platt leave under a cloud?  That's an odd one.

Learning Italian and pining for a move to Italy while still playing for us. He couldn't leave fast enough the spoon faced cock socket.

Also seems to forget he ever played for us, let alone how we turned him from a lower leagues player into an England regular.

These days, if you do get a peep out of him about us, it is almost never positive, and invariably without the slightest hint of affection for the club.

Great player for us, but an unlikable bell end with a frankly ridiculous face.

The ridiculous faced c***.

Lolgasm

You may like to know that during his time at Man City, the back room staff referred to him as 'Codhead'.

Offline serbentoflight

• The Serpent Of Light
You may like to know that during his time at Man City, the back room staff referred to him as 'Codhead'.

I DO like to know that, Thank you, it's made me day.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
I've said before, a friend of mine got to know Curcic really well while he was with us and I had lunch with him one day. A few things I learnt about Curcic from the lunch and my mate.

He was a really really nice bloke
He was a batshit mentalist
He hated playing football and only did it because it meant he could provide for his family back home

I also heard possible reasons why Bolton were keen to get rid from people within professions within the town who were likely to know.  Definitely libellous, though, so I'm not going to repeat

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
I've said before, a friend of mine got to know Curcic really well while he was with us and I had lunch with him one day. A few things I learnt about Curcic from the lunch and my mate.

He was a really really nice bloke
He was a batshit mentalist
He hated playing football and only did it because it meant he could provide for his family back home

I also heard possible reasons why Bolton were keen to get rid from people within professions within the town who were likely to know.  Definitely libellous, though, so I'm not going to repeat

I remember a TV interview with a Bolton player not long after Curcic joined us (can't rememeber who) where he was asked what the mood in the camp was like after his sale to Villa and he said something along the lines of "it's improved".
It wasn't long till we all found out what he was on about.

Offline IAmTheOneIanOlney

Not particularly relevant, but I think it was while Platt was at Villa, there was an "exclusive" in one of the Sunday tabloids about his best man speech at a wedding, saying it was really tasteless and had the bride in tears, etc, accompanied by some grainy photos and unattributed quotes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal