collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Don't celebrate good times,come on! (Let's not celebrate)  (Read 8044 times)

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Don't celebrate good times,come on! (Let's not celebrate)
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2014, 08:01:24 AM »
Lampard was there a very long time and wasn't he top premiership scorer or something? He did only leave a few months ago so i can understand it.

But he did choose to sign for chelskis title rivals so he can't have it both ways.
Well, he can - he can do his best for his new club but still feel conflicted about damaging his previous club.

He is having it both ways.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2014, 08:25:40 AM »
I can understand the likes of Frank Lampard not wanting to celebrate ahainst Chelsea.  When you saw Lukaku trying not to celebrate against West Brom however...

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2014, 08:53:27 AM »
Lampard was there a very long time and wasn't he top premiership scorer or something? He did only leave a few months ago so i can understand it.

But he did choose to sign for chelskis title rivals so he can't have it both ways.
Well, he can - he can do his best for his new club but still feel conflicted about damaging his previous club.

Behave; he can't expect to continue to be universally adored by chelski fans after signing for their closest title rivals through the back door.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2014, 08:58:43 AM »
loved it, sort of poetic justice ;D

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2014, 09:22:21 AM »
Every goal should be celebrated.  Including own goals.

Especially if they are this good!

The own goal condemned Manchester City to relegation to the third tier for the first time, whilst keeping QPR in the division. As a result, a group of QPR fans thanked him by voting him the "most influential man of the past 2,000 years" in an internet poll, where "Jesus came second, apparently."

That is really impressive, whereas the Jesus one was from a good cross and nailed on. 

Online Dave

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2014, 09:32:26 AM »

Behave; he can't expect to continue to be universally adored by chelski fans after signing for their closest title rivals through the back door.
He probably doesn't "expect to be universally adored" by their fans. He's a professional footballer not Princess Diana.

He can however, still do the job that he's paid to do while still holding an affinity for his previous club. Which is all that is happening here.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2014, 09:55:56 AM »
I don't mind Lampard and other long serving players not celebrating against those clubs.

The ones I can't understand are players who get treated ridiculously by clubs and don't celebrate.

Take Scott Sinclair. Chelsea loaned him out a million times and when he scored v them against Swansea he didn't celebrate!

Online Dave

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2014, 10:30:35 AM »
I don't mind Lampard and other long serving players not celebrating against those clubs.
Quite. I'd consider it quite nice if Gareth Barry scored against ust and didn't celebrate.

If Steve Sidwell didn't celebrate I'd wonder who on earth he though he was showing respect to by not celebrating.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2014, 12:14:35 PM »
Purely down to the individual player and their own personal connection with their previous club and supporters. This could be swayed by personal relationships with directors, managers, coaches, over their treatment, behind the scenes promises, money, or by abuse from supporters on their return. I think Lukaku by all accounts really enjoyed his time with Albion and I think wanted to stay so fair enough in my book - good on him. I'd be disappointed if Barry or Milner celebrated if they scored against us and Milner wasn't even with us for that long really.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2014, 12:22:51 PM »
Steve Claridge would never have celebrated against anyone.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2014, 12:47:55 PM »
I hated Yorkie when he scored for Blackburn against us, and celebrated.  Some pretty horrific chants where being sung though. 

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2014, 01:06:38 PM »
Quite. I'd consider it quite nice if Gareth Barry scored against ust and didn't celebrate.

If Steve Sidwell didn't celebrate I'd wonder who on earth he though he was showing respect to by not celebrating.

I think he did celebrate when he scored for Fulham last year?

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2014, 01:19:40 PM »

Milner didn't celebrate when he scored against us a couple of seasons ago.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2014, 01:23:57 PM »
It makes no sense at all to me.

The idea of having any form of respect for Chelsea whatsoever, I mean.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2014, 01:32:26 PM »
You're playing for Arsenal, you score the third goal on Saturday instead of Cissokho. Would you really give it the Libor Kozak in front of the Holte End? I wouldn't.

Anywhere else, and I would be running behind the goal, finger on my lips, hand cupping my ear giving it the big one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal