collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by GordonCowansisthegreatest
[Today at 08:59:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kick out the jams  (Read 4899 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Kick out the jams
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 10:11:36 AM »
Having missed BE at the Bartons we went straight to the game still in a foul mood. We all know we should not let the driving do it to us but it always seems to be worst when you are really looking forward to something. If I had been driving to Birmingham for dental root canal work the roads would have been as empty as the Small Heath trophy cabinet.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 10:14:44 PM »
It's a pain getting to work in the morning on the rare occasions I get the bus to town with those lights there now.

Regarding getting away, if you need to get back to Erdington/Sutton way then I'd suggest parking at Star City or just using the slip round that will get you back on the Tyburn road a lot quicker.

Or if you want to get on the M6 quicker, maybe better to park somewhere around the Holford estate as it's easier to get on the Scott Arms junction from there.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 11:10:15 PM »
...brothers and sisters!!!!!

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 09:02:40 AM »
The road system around Villa Park is ancient but definitely not justified.

Offline martyn ellis

• http://www.martin-martyn.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 09:16:21 AM »
My normal two-hour drive up from North London (leaving at 10.45 to get to the Holte Suite for 1.45) took me nearer four hours - arrived at 2.30 just in time to down a burger and go into the ground. Inexplicably long delays all the way up the M1 ending in a 25 mile stretch of 50mph limit with cones and absolutely nothing going on. Then getting off the M6 to the A38 was a pain. Then getting away from the ground back on to the M6 also a nightmare. And we lost. And they were all ill. Not a good day.

Offline spartacuss

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 08:12:24 PM »
He is Supporter Liaison Officer - so he could take this up on fans behalf maybe? It's possible that it could carry a bit more weight from him, or that he could assess the level of inconvenience being caused by collating fan complaints. This might have more effect than a few individual fans contacting the highways agency.

You can contact him direct, & I'll float it with him too.
Update on contact with Lee Preece (Supporter Liaison Officer): He's contacted the Council and the traffic police and the responsibility lies with the Urban Traffic Management team (one of whom was ensnared in the jam too!).  Lee was assured that they are aware of the problem and that they will work on a solution.  Nothing as specific as neutralising the lights... yet. The hope is that there should be an improvement for the Man. City game.  If there's no improvement (or relative inaction on the part of the UTM), then Lee is primed to up the ante and take it further.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2014, 10:31:28 AM »
I take issue with the title of this thread, didnt Tears for Fears, actually say "kick out the style bring back the Jam"   ?

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2014, 03:44:50 PM »
I take issue with the title of this thread, didnt Tears for Fears, actually say "kick out the style bring back the Jam"   ?
MC5 weren't it… Kick out the jams???

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2014, 03:59:32 PM »
ok MC5 , IM SORRY but youve bettered me, I aint got a clue, mine was from tears for fears , song   sowing the seeds of love

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal