collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Virus  (Read 9251 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Villa Virus
« on: September 20, 2014, 06:29:34 PM »
From the OS.

Paul Lambert bemoaned a sickness bug that swept Bodymoor Heath in the days leading up to the Arsenal defeat - and during it too!

Lambert says he will be shutting the training ground over the weekend as he looks to see off the virus.

Darren Bent and Nathan Baker were unable to report this morning due to the stomach upset while Ashley Westwood was unwell in the warm-up and Andi Weimann was sick in the dressing room at half-time.

Lambert was feeling under the weather himself along with several other backroom staff - along with Fabian Delph and Brad Guzan who had been suffering earlier in the week.

He said: "We have had so much bad luck this week - and even before the game.

"We lost Darren, Westy and Nathan before the match. Nathan and Darren pulled out this morning. Westy was sick during the warm-up and Andi was sick at half-time. They were really bad.

"Fabian has had a bug. Fabian went into the Liverpool game not feeling the best. Guzan has had a bug.

"A lot of staff have got it. The virus is going around. I don't feel 100%. There are a few in there that don't feel that good.

"So you're not best prepared for that magnitude of game.

"I will probably have to shut the training ground for a couple of days because that's too many lads.

"In the game itself, we had to score in a period where we had chances. It might have given you something to hang on to.

"But Arsenal are clinical.

"To lose three goals is disappointing. But I can't sit here and say I'm disappointed with the start we've made.

"It was a tough game for us. It's a tough game when everyone is 100% fit.

"But what happened this morning, during the warm-up and at half-time, the lads were running on empty."

Despite not feeling great, Lambert says confidence will remain high.

He added: "You have to keep your confidence intact. I can't sit here and be critical of the team.

"You take your medicine. We have been beaten once in five games. There's no point in being down about it.

"You go again. You're in a run of games that are really hard. But 10 points is a good return.

Offline supertom

Re: Villa Virus
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 06:35:45 PM »
Hopefully we see the virus out over the next few days. Get the squad clear of it and we can get back up to speed for the Chelsea game.

Offline exigo

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »
You go again. And then again. And again, by the sounds of it.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 06:42:19 PM »
We've got a virus we've got a virus, you ain't, you ain't.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 06:49:23 PM »
We're Aston Villa, and we've got the shits.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 06:50:32 PM »
From the OS.

Paul Lambert bemoaned a sickness bug that swept Bodymoor Heath in the days leading up to the Arsenal defeat - and during it too!

Lambert says he will be shutting the training ground over the weekend as he looks to see off the virus.

Darren Bent and Nathan Baker were unable to report this morning due to the stomach upset while Ashley Westwood was unwell in the warm-up and Andi Weimann was sick in the dressing room at half-time.

Lambert was feeling under the weather himself along with several other backroom staff - along with Fabian Delph and Brad Guzan who had been suffering earlier in the week.

He said: "We have had so much bad luck this week - and even before the game.

"We lost Darren, Westy and Nathan before the match. Nathan and Darren pulled out this morning. Westy was sick during the warm-up and Andi was sick at half-time. They were really bad.

"Fabian has had a bug. Fabian went into the Liverpool game not feeling the best. Guzan has had a bug.

"A lot of staff have got it. The virus is going around. I don't feel 100%. There are a few in there that don't feel that good.

"So you're not best prepared for that magnitude of game.

"I will probably have to shut the training ground for a couple of days because that's too many lads.

"In the game itself, we had to score in a period where we had chances. It might have given you something to hang on to.

"But Arsenal are clinical.

"To lose three goals is disappointing. But I can't sit here and say I'm disappointed with the start we've made.

"It was a tough game for us. It's a tough game when everyone is 100% fit.

"But what happened this morning, during the warm-up and at half-time, the lads were running on empty."

Despite not feeling great, Lambert says confidence will remain high.

He added: "You have to keep your confidence intact. I can't sit here and be critical of the team.

"You take your medicine. We have been beaten once in five games. There's no point in being down about it.

"You go again. You're in a run of games that are really hard. But 10 points is a good return.

I notice that Roy Keane didnt get this virus. Probably too scared to enter his body!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 07:02:50 PM »
Shielded by his beard by all accounts.

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2014, 08:23:21 PM »
I'd rather this virus came at a time that we have games that we would in reality struggle to win.......  Rather now than a 6 pointer against the Baggies later on....

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2014, 08:25:02 PM »
I notice that Roy Keane didnt get this virus. Probably too scared to enter his body!

Roy Keane's body does not accept such trifling concepts as "illness".

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 08:31:14 PM »
I think we should have come out and said the squad had to undergo an exorcism the night before we lost 8-0 to Chelsea, so we were a little off our game.

It seemed obvious to us in the upper Holte gang that there was a problem. We are if anything, very high energy and second half we looked absolutely knackered.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2014, 08:32:00 PM »

Roy Keane's body does not accept such trifling concepts as "illness".

The virus approached his bed at night to find the occupant missing. It only had a moment before finding Keane standing behind.

The virus lay dead from Keane's Medusa like stare.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2014, 08:32:29 PM »
It seemed obvious to us in the upper Holte gang that there was a problem. We are if anything, very high energy and second half we looked absolutely knackered.

Out of interest, what is your excuse for your dreadful period as manager of this once great club?

Dodgy arse? Sore throat? Manflu?

OR JUST OUT OF YOUR DEPTH?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2014, 08:32:54 PM »
Roy Keane actually entered the virus and destroyed it from within.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 08:34:56 PM »
I'd rather this virus came at a time that we have games that we would in reality struggle to win.......  Rather now than a 6 pointer against the Baggies later on....

You seriously think the stripey filth are going to be battling with us for a Europa League place ?

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 08:35:02 PM »
Roy Keane actually entered the virus and destroyed it from within.

The virus died from contracting Roy Keane

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal