collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ball possession  (Read 25926 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Ball possession
« Reply #210 on: October 07, 2014, 10:15:28 AM »
I can recall that we had 15 points after we played the Albion away in late November. You'd hope that we will be able to push above that over the next four games.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #211 on: October 09, 2014, 01:30:18 PM »

On the flip side we lacked accuracy on the break (in general) which is absolutely essential when you're playing a fast counter style, too many times we broke but then misplaced a pass or tried to do too much (nzog in particular) or didn't work the keeper with the odd shot we got.

We've been missing that creative player who can link up play in the final third for a number of seasons now.  When Vlaar's back, I think the defence and midfield are pretty much as good as we could hope for sseing as the position the club is in.  What we are really lacking is that player who can transition play from the middle to the final third.  Ireland showed it in all too fleeting glimpses, but we haven't had that kind of player since we had Robbie Keane on loan.   

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #212 on: October 12, 2014, 08:00:45 AM »
I think cleverley will offer more than KEA did as he moves further forward in coming weeks; and Delph is improving there too. But if we could get someone in to replace one of the front three and offer either genuine width (Sinclair?) or genuine creativity (don't know who) that would help a lot.

I can't see how we get a proper number ten into this side unless we play a diamond or drop cleverley. And I can't see joke hole offering much

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #213 on: October 12, 2014, 12:46:20 PM »

On the flip side we lacked accuracy on the break (in general) which is absolutely essential when you're playing a fast counter style, too many times we broke but then misplaced a pass or tried to do too much (nzog in particular) or didn't work the keeper with the odd shot we got.

We've been missing that creative player who can link up play in the final third for a number of seasons now.  When Vlaar's back, I think the defence and midfield are pretty much as good as we could hope for sseing as the position the club is in.  What we are really lacking is that player who can transition play from the middle to the final third.  Ireland showed it in all too fleeting glimpses, but we haven't had that kind of player since we had Robbie Keane on loan.   

I would've liked Zarate who's been in and out of West Ham team but is a decent creative player.

The frustration with all that is Lambert never makes it the absolute target of any transfer window, to get in a creative player above all other positions.

You'd like to think now we're well stocked in all positions in the squad we could maybe look at getting one in January. Not holding my breath though.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #214 on: October 12, 2014, 07:35:20 PM »
It has to be. Even if they're not brilliant it will make a difference

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal