collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Arsenal Post-Match Thread  (Read 46570 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: Aston Villa vs Arsenal Post-Match Thread
« Reply #285 on: September 21, 2014, 08:29:54 PM »
I see grealish didn't give the ball away once in the second half? Any cause for encouragement from his performance?
Our best player yesterday I thought. We didn't give him enough of the ball, but when he did have it he looked incredibly composed and always seemed to know what he was going to do with it.
I'd start him against Chelsea and City. I don't think he'd be overawed in the slightest and he's probably one of the few midfielders we have who looks consistently composed on the ball. Everyone else yesterday treated the ball like it was a live grenade with the pin pulled out.

I don't think it's too soon for him. I think he's got talent to burn and if we allow him a bit of freedom to drift, he could well help us in keeping the ball better.

I don't really remember Grealish doing anything of note during the game yesterday. Hutton for me was motm, and I think he's been our best player so far this season.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #286 on: September 21, 2014, 08:36:02 PM »
Think Jack had been on for 11 minutes before he got his first touch, then had to wait another five for his second.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #287 on: September 21, 2014, 08:37:40 PM »
Arsenal fans have seemed to be a lot mouthier in recent years. Some on the train back to New Street were distinctly unimpressed when a Villa fan described them as 'Chelsea fans but without the trophies'.

I've never had a problem with arsenal fans in the past, but in recent years they've definitely become more gobby. I put it down to their lack of trophies and the frustration they get from the realisation they've been overtaken by the likes of Liverpool, Man City and Chelsea etc.

My mate is an Arsenal fan and gets quite embarrassed by them a lot of the time.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #288 on: September 21, 2014, 08:42:32 PM »
Three fans leant their jackets to random strangers at a football match?

I wonder how long before Scousers pick up on this trick?*

*Apologies to both Scousers that aren't thieving gits

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #289 on: September 21, 2014, 08:46:29 PM »
Was watching end of the QPR v Sturk match in the Doug Ellis concourse when three Arse fans appear, large as you fucking like in front of me wearing colours - two had home shirts & one an away.  First off how the actual fuck did they get through the turnstile? (I can answer this one - the girl operating it was reading a paper and was not paying a blind bit of attention).  Secondly the stewards stop them and say "you cant go up there like that - home fans only!" And then the stewards start asking Villa fans (me included) if they can borrow jackets for them to wear! I couldn't get my fucking hat on! "Throw the arrogant fuckers out!" I say but no, the ever acommodating villa fans duly hand over 3 jackets and off they trog up to the stands. I thought i'd entered Bizarro world!

This reads like a parable, with the three Villa fans representing Villa players and each jacket given away being a goal given away.

Unbelievable!

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #290 on: September 21, 2014, 09:02:19 PM »
Was watching end of the QPR v Sturk match in the Doug Ellis concourse when three Arse fans appear, large as you fucking like in front of me wearing colours - two had home shirts & one an away.  First off how the actual fuck did they get through the turnstile? (I can answer this one - the girl operating it was reading a paper and was not paying a blind bit of attention).  Secondly the stewards stop them and say "you cant go up there like that - home fans only!" And then the stewards start asking Villa fans (me included) if they can borrow jackets for them to wear! I couldn't get my fucking hat on! "Throw the arrogant fuckers out!" I say but no, the ever acommodating villa fans duly hand over 3 jackets and off they trog up to the stands. I thought i'd entered Bizarro world!

That actually happened?
I shit you not. It was the senior steward doing the asking flanked by two of his minions.

What a fucking joke.

Three fans leant their jackets to random strangers at a football match?
Yep.

Like I said - bizarro world!

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #291 on: September 21, 2014, 09:04:22 PM »
That is the kind of thing that should be mentioned to Lee Preece.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #292 on: September 21, 2014, 09:31:59 PM »

I know the priest , i will.

in the holte there was a fair few ejections, where the fuck do these twat arse fans come from, to think they can sit in the home ends.

btw thought we did alright apart from 5 minutes, we are an improving team and we are not likely to win the league this year UTV

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #293 on: September 21, 2014, 10:21:04 PM »

Is Lee Preece the new Nicky Keyes

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #294 on: September 21, 2014, 11:29:33 PM »
I do understand the virus but it isn't as if we've never had this problem of possession and a plan b before is it?  Can anyone tell me if we've made so much progress how is it that palace by playing good attacking football can beat Everton on their own patch and also how is it that Leicester can tear united a new one in one half of a game whereas we seem entirely incapable of doing either.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #295 on: September 21, 2014, 11:33:28 PM »
Palace had 24% possession and 3 shots on target. They did what we did at Saints last season when a lot on here were saying we were lucky etc

Offline supertom

« Reply #296 on: September 21, 2014, 11:39:59 PM »
I see grealish didn't give the ball away once in the second half? Any cause for encouragement from his performance?
Our best player yesterday I thought. We didn't give him enough of the ball, but when he did have it he looked incredibly composed and always seemed to know what he was going to do with it.
I'd start him against Chelsea and City. I don't think he'd be overawed in the slightest and he's probably one of the few midfielders we have who looks consistently composed on the ball. Everyone else yesterday treated the ball like it was a live grenade with the pin pulled out.

I don't think it's too soon for him. I think he's got talent to burn and if we allow him a bit of freedom to drift, he could well help us in keeping the ball better.

I don't really remember Grealish doing anything of note during the game yesterday. Hutton for me was motm, and I think he's been our best player so far this season.
I think what he did of note without setting the world alight, was at least keep the ball for longer than 2 seconds when it came to him and pass it to a team mate. In that regard he stood out over his team-mates who just couldn't seem to do even that in the second half. I certainly thing he showed enough to warrant a start.
He just didn't get given the ball enough, but I suppose we struggled to really find space, or even get near the half way line.
I'd agree though, Hutton has been the standout performer this season, closely followed by Swiss Phil, both of whom had their worst game of the season yesterday but we're still better than the rest of the side. Everyone in our side for that 192 seconds of insanity turned to complete shite though. They all lost their head a bit.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #297 on: September 21, 2014, 11:53:00 PM »
Overt Away fans in home areas is just a no no. West ham found out last season when a couple of theirs took a few slaps as they ran out of the Doug Ellis

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #298 on: September 21, 2014, 11:55:12 PM »
Overt Away fans in home areas is just a no no. West ham found out last season when a couple of theirs took a few slaps as they ran out of the Doug Ellis

You approve of football violence then do you?

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #299 on: September 21, 2014, 11:56:42 PM »

You approve of football violence then do you?
No. Nor do I approve of arrogant blasé away fans winding up home fans in a home section.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal