collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Best 11  (Read 9716 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Best 11
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 08:18:37 PM »
He'll start a game for us sometime before he hits 30 I reckon. ;)

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 08:19:35 PM »
Everyone plumping for young Jack despite him barely playing for us yet. No pressure, kid.

It's probably the result of what is looking like it might turn out to be be the only transfer mistake of the summer - the signing of Joe Cole.  If Cole was up to speed and doing well (and I for one hope he soon is) then Jack Grealish could be brought on gradually.  Saying that, some players have been first team regulars at the age of 18, so it might be time to put him in if it's felt he is ready. 

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 08:26:50 PM »
Westwood has to be in the squad at least. Quietly been one of our best three players this season so far.

Guzan

Hutton     Vlaar    Senderos    Cissokho

Delph   Westwood
Weimann    Cleverley     Grealish

Benteke

I'm with you on this, with Sanchez for Cleverley if we need a bit more grunt cover in the centre.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 08:37:51 PM »

Guzan

Sanchez   Westwood   
   Cleverley                   Delph
                  Weimann
                   Benteke

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 08:46:52 PM »
The best thing for me is that for the first time in a long time we actually have a squad. The best 11 can be determined on a game to game basis according to players' form and the tactics we want to use against the opponent.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 08:49:47 PM »
I made the point last night, Lambert's u-turn on players has seen nine of his signings leave, with the ones coming in (or being promoted from the bomb squad) all having Premiership experience. Glad he has done it, pity it's taken two years and too many horror performances to do it.

Onwards and upwards!

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 08:51:50 PM »
Westwood has to be in the squad at least. Quietly been one of our best three players this season so far.

Guzan

Delph   Westwood

Benteke

I'm with you on this, with Sanchez for Cleverley if we need a bit more grunt cover in the centre.

Seeing the games on Wednesday on Sunday, I personally think that we can only really have one of Sanchez or Westwood in midfield, as they both do the same job.  Sanchez or Westwood with Cleverley and Delph either side for me.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 08:55:51 PM »
I made the point last night, Lambert's u-turn on players has seen nine of his signings leave, with the ones coming in (or being promoted from the bomb squad) all having Premiership experience. Glad he has done it, pity it's taken two years and too many horror performances to do it.

Onwards and upwards!
He does desrve credit for that and t shows he is learning.  Only speculating, but maybe it has taken Keane to come in and tell him a few truths that PL maybe couldn't or maybe didn't want to see about players he had bought.  Then there is also the question of the role the departed Chief Executive had in it all. 

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 08:56:31 PM »

Guzan

Delph   Westwood

Benteke

Seeing the games on Wednesday on Sunday, I personally think that we can only really have one of Sanchez or Westwood in midfield, as they both do the same job.  Sanchez or Westwood with Cleverley and Delph either side for me.

I think when we've got a tricky away fixture, we could play Sanchez and Westwood together to protect the defence.

Or they could play together but with Westwood being more license to get forward. I think he might be more suited to that and could get a few more assists and goals by doing that. 

Offline BoskoDjembaSalifou

• BoskoDjembaSalifou
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 09:06:09 PM »

Best three players? You do know we've got 4 defenders who have been terrific so far, right?

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 09:14:13 PM »
Not many picking Richardson. He's been first class.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 09:20:30 PM »

Might revert to a wide position perhaps?  If not then I'm sure we rotate in midfield and he will get his chances.   

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 09:22:02 PM »
I reckon we'll see Richardson as this year's Bacuna. Filling in at left-back, left-midfield, centre-midfield, number ten (as Lambert likes to call them)...

He'll play most games and see most of the pitch while doing so.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 09:23:55 PM »
First time in a good while it's actually tough to pick the team.

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 09:53:03 PM »

Hah! I completely forgot about Richardson, he's been impressive too so far. Maybe I'll put him in ahead of Grealish for the time being.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal