collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Talktripe  (Read 18326 times)

Offline Chico Hamilton III

Re: Talktripe
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2014, 03:14:56 PM »
I hate Saggars and Pougatch ( is that how you spell his daft name) but I save my pure hatred for Ian Payne, the fucking cock-end

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2014, 03:16:10 PM »
When I was at school, mark saggers was a sports reporter for the local BBC radio station. He really fancies himself as a cricketer, and because my school had a really top-notch pitch, he would turn out for a local side against our school first XI.

Friends of mine in the team said he was the biggest arsehole they'd ever played against. Glaring and scowling at bowlers when he was batting, refusing to walk, sledging our batsmen and trying to intimidate the opposition and the umpires.

Bearing in mind he was a grown man playing against kids of 15 or 16, I think that speaks volumes.

I'd love to know what he said in his 'sledging'.

Can't listen to any sport radio. I'm too intolerant. Coming across the likes of Cascarino on tv is enough for me.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2014, 05:47:15 PM »
At east they finally got rid of that prick Ronnie Iraqi off the breakfast show, he spouted pure bullshit claiming to have been at Old Trafford for big matches when he was actually playing in a cricket match for Essex at the time.

I'm sure he only kept that job to give Brazil a lift in to work whilst he was banned for drink driving.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2014, 05:58:48 PM »
Haven't listened to it in years, last time I did some knob bleating racist shite made me vow never to let it darken my airwaves again.

John Gaunt by any chance Chris?

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2014, 06:02:48 PM »
Haven't listened to it in years, last time I did some knob bleating racist shite made me vow never to let it darken my airwaves again.

John Gaunt by any chance Chris?

That's the chap.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2014, 06:03:00 PM »
When I was at school, mark saggers was a sports reporter for the local BBC radio station. He really fancies himself as a cricketer, and because my school had a really top-notch pitch, he would turn out for a local side against our school first XI.

Friends of mine in the team said he was the biggest arsehole they'd ever played against. Glaring and scowling at bowlers when he was batting, refusing to walk, sledging our batsmen and trying to intimidate the opposition and the umpires.

Bearing in mind he was a grown man playing against kids of 15 or 16, I think that speaks volumes.

I'm glad you've posted that Damon, I've never been in doubt that he's an absolute stroker but it's always nice to see it confirmed by other parties.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2014, 06:09:19 PM »
Just a question but do Villa fans think we get a raw deal from talksport and do you think it's about time we got a new sports radio that is less big 5 and
more of all premier league, and to be honest don't the presenters talk tripe.

5Live report on very little else. Non-top 5 teams only get an "ahh, look at them, isn't it nice they're joining in" type of short discussion.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2014, 06:14:07 PM »
On Wikki it says the BBC didn't renew his contract because of a deep rift between him and Alan Green.  He can't be all that bad then can he?  Then again ....when two arseholes collide the winner is the biggest one.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2014, 06:26:12 PM »
I will listen to Collymore, but nobody else.

Their adverts make me want to put kittens in microwaves too.

"Vaaaaaaaanarama!"

Fuck off!

I switch it off if i ever hear that Omega Loans adverts. It's fucking dire.
Both of these adverts drive me mad, normally a cue for me to turn it off.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2014, 06:31:49 PM »
I like Hawksby, Jacobs and Danny Kelly. Who is that shouty bloke that tries too hard to be controversial about everything that is on with Gough in the late afternoon? He wants shooting. Numerous times. Then taken to Detroit.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2014, 07:26:35 PM »
Adrian Durham is usually quite complimentary about us most of the time compared to a few other clubs, notably Arsenal.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2014, 07:29:48 PM »
To be honest when I have heard Adrian Durham talk about the villa he says we are a massive club etc.
Hawksbey and Jacobs don't need to do the wind up bit like all the others do to get people to phone in there show is based on other things.
As for Alan bitter Brazil he just can't get over the fact we gave your boys one hell of a beating

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2014, 07:47:32 PM »
Re TalkSport and their Manchester/Liverpool/Arsenal/Spurs/Chelsea emphasis.  They are an independent broadcaster who derive their income from advertising, where the bigger the audience the bigger the amount they can charge.  Of course they are therefore going to pitch their content to deliver as big an audience as they can.  The BBC, on the other hand, has no such commercial argument and should be significantly less NW/London-centric.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2014, 07:55:09 PM »
If I only had one decent punch in me I'd give it to that cretin 'the moose'.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2014, 08:05:54 PM »
I like Adrian Durham, Colin Murray, Stan and Sam Matterface when they are commentating, Hawksbee and Jacobs, Georgia, Ian Danter and Andy Goldstein.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal