collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Talktripe  (Read 18333 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Talktripe
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 01:47:21 PM »
I will listen to Collymore, but nobody else.

Their adverts make me want to put kittens in microwaves too.

"Vaaaaaaaanarama!"

Fuck off!

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 01:47:36 PM »
there was a brilliant piece of theatre from Stan last night when, during a roundtable wankfest with Barry Silkman and two other knobheads, his mobile started trilling. He left the studio, returned, and melodramatically announced that it was 'the Villa' personally informing him that there was going to be no more business before the deadline, in or out. Even before the 'call ended, as we now know, Lambert had revived his interest in TC23.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 01:50:21 PM »
I like Collymore on there, him and Mark Saggers can be a good listen and on the rare occasions that i've heard him, Sam Matterface has been ok as well. After that, i'm struggling.

They are three decent broadcasters. I feel sorry for them having to talk about betting and other adverts during commentaries.

I hope that you gamblers out there realise just how annoying all the betting adverts and promotions are for some of us.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 01:53:39 PM »

"Vaaaaaaaanarama!"

Fuck off!

I switch it off if i ever hear that Omega Loans adverts. It's fucking dire.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 02:00:49 PM »
They're a commercial station and therefore their objective is to get listeners rather than push any journalistic boundaries.  The easiest way to do that is to be controversial and provocative.  It would be a much higher risk (and expensive option) to properly research and develop quality radio.

I much prefer podcasts where there is no/minimal commercial motivation.  The guardian, Tuesday Club and the Football Ramble all offer more than Talksport in my opinion.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 02:30:02 PM »

"Vaaaaaaaanarama!"

Fuck off!

Although that "Have I got PPI? Have I got PPI?" song is well fucking catchy.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2014, 02:31:18 PM »
I like Collymore on there, him and Mark Saggers can be a good listen and on the rare occasions that i've heard him, Sam Matterface has been ok as well. After that, i'm struggling.

They are three decent broadcasters. I feel sorry for them having to talk about betting and other adverts during commentaries.

I hope that you gamblers out there realise just how annoying all the betting adverts and promotions are for some of us.

Saggers strikes me as someone who was once a decent broadcaster, but since joining TalkSport has become as bad as the rest of them, with his constant, obvious attempts to sound angry and be controversial about things.

I understand why, but since going there he has gone way downhill.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2014, 02:32:21 PM »

I actually work in the gambling industry and think there is far, far too much gambling advertising in the UK (all formats of advertising).

I find the sheer amount of it pretty depressing, and would gladly legislate against it if i were in government.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2014, 02:35:45 PM »

I actually work in the gambling industry and think there is far, far too much gambling advertising in the UK (all formats of advertising).

I find the sheer amount of it pretty depressing, and would gladly legislate against it if i were in government.

i'll give 1/1000 you wont move it

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 02:41:06 PM »

Yeah and they all seem to be the most annoying adverts on TV, with the latest being "the Ladbrokes life" offering.  How about in  the next installment of "the Ladbrokes life" they show someone having their house repossessed or having a breakdown due to the debts they have run up through gambling. 

Offline Charlie8182

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 02:46:08 PM »
I remember hearing Alvin Martin on TS not so long ago saying that he can’t take fans of smaller/lower league clubs as seriously as supporters of the very top teams, I was staggered - in other words plastic fans of Sky 4 sides come before local fans of say Crewe.

Also, Mark Bosnich really narks me when he regularly makes a guest appearance calling in from somewhere in Australia.  He made 85% of his appearances for us, yet always talks about Man U despite 2 brief inglorious spells with them and discusses events at Chelsea where he played even less for them from and was sacked from. We don’t get a mention.

Offline Tony Erdington

• Being There
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »
there is an epademic in this country with gambling, and the bookmakers are making it more and more accessable, sorry about my attempt at humour before it is a serious issue, but while those with money are making money they dont give a shoot.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 02:55:04 PM »

Saggers strikes me as someone who was once a decent broadcaster, but since joining TalkSport has become as bad as the rest of them, with his constant, obvious attempts to sound angry and be controversial about things.

I understand why, but since going there he has gone way downhill.

Totally agree, he's become way too sensationalist.  Alvin Martin and Matt Holland tend to be OK when they're on there and give considered opinion.  I can't listen to Adrian Durham and Darren Gough on weekday evenings (how on earth Gough has got himself that gig is a mystery), but Durham tends to be OK on the matchday show on a Saturday.  Although he's a nose, Ian Danter is OK as well.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 03:00:23 PM »
I remember hearing Alvin Martin on TS not so long ago saying that he can’t take fans of smaller/lower league clubs as seriously as supporters of the very top teams, I was staggered - in other words plastic fans of Sky 4 sides come before local fans of say Crewe.

Also, Mark Bosnich really narks me when he regularly makes a guest appearance calling in from somewhere in Australia.  He made 85% of his appearances for us, yet always talks about Man U despite 2 brief inglorious spells with them and discusses events at Chelsea where he played even less for them from and was sacked from. We don’t get a mention.

Surprising to hear that, as he has two sons playing at League One clubs.  The thing with Bosnich is annoying, but nowhere near as bad as when the same happens with Paul McGrath.     

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2014, 03:02:29 PM »
When I was at school, mark saggers was a sports reporter for the local BBC radio station. He really fancies himself as a cricketer, and because my school had a really top-notch pitch, he would turn out for a local side against our school first XI.

Friends of mine in the team said he was the biggest arsehole they'd ever played against. Glaring and scowling at bowlers when he was batting, refusing to walk, sledging our batsmen and trying to intimidate the opposition and the umpires.

Bearing in mind he was a grown man playing against kids of 15 or 16, I think that speaks volumes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal