collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tom Cleverley - Loan Confirmed  (Read 189306 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Tom Cleverley
« Reply #1035 on: September 02, 2014, 02:39:15 PM »
I'm not sure what it says about Cleverley, Man United, England or Villa but I never thought I'd be so underwhelmed at an England International joining us from Manchester United.

I saw yesterday Jack Colback is in the England squad.

On the numbers involved (35 England qualified players actually playing in a PL game week I saw at one point last season), surely it can only be a matter of time before "not actually being a footballer" won't be a big enough obstacle to getting picked for England.

We'll start picking singers, or actors. Or even characters from fiction.

How old is Adrian Mole these days?

I think restricting yourself to human beings shows up your limitations as a manager. Get Chris Packham in and we can start picking from across the animal kingdom.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1036 on: September 02, 2014, 02:40:11 PM »
I have received an England call up.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1037 on: September 02, 2014, 02:41:23 PM »
I'm not sure what it says about Cleverley, Man United, England or Villa but I never thought I'd be so underwhelmed at an England International joining us from Manchester United.

I saw yesterday Jack Colback is in the England squad.

On the numbers involved (35 England qualified players actually playing in a PL game week I saw at one point last season), surely it can only be a matter of time before "not actually being a footballer" won't be a big enough obstacle to getting picked for England.

We'll start picking singers, or actors. Or even characters from fiction.

How old is Adrian Mole these days?

I think restricting yourself to human beings shows up your limitations as a manager. Get Chris Packham in and we can start picking from across the animal kingdom.

Delph will find himself competing with a frisky young deer and an otter for a midfield place.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1038 on: September 02, 2014, 02:41:44 PM »
I have received an England call up.

Here's hoping not to the management team, you absolute disgrace.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1039 on: September 02, 2014, 02:44:40 PM »
I've announced my retirement from International football. I can't play alongside Ads.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #1040 on: September 02, 2014, 02:49:08 PM »
http://www.creativespark.co.uk/work/tom-cleverley-brand-identity-website-and-video

The full package.

I use hate all the time. I find irrational hatred ammusing, but obviously i don't actually hate them.

If you've ever been unemployed/ill and watched 'homes under the hammer', i absolutely hate the male presenter based on literally fuck all. I want to smash his face back into the 80's where his hair belongs. Do i really hate him? Ofcourse not.

Well ...

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #1041 on: September 02, 2014, 02:50:10 PM »
The Villa website seems to have crashed. The website really is a joke.

How far have we fallen, that our official website crashes

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1042 on: September 02, 2014, 02:51:07 PM »
I really hate the singer bloke from Kaiser Chiefs. Proper hate him. More than Bono, that's proper hate that is.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1043 on: September 02, 2014, 02:51:45 PM »
I've announced my retirement from International football. I can't play alongside Ads.

I announced last week I will be playing for Canada. They're utterly shit so I reckon I've got a good chance of starting, being captain and ultimately manager within a few weeks of being with the squad.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #1044 on: September 02, 2014, 02:52:28 PM »
I really hate the singer bloke from Kaiser Chiefs. Proper hate him. More than Bono, that's proper hate that is.

More than Bono? Come on. Look into your soul. You know that isn't true.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #1045 on: September 02, 2014, 02:53:55 PM »

Villa in crisis.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1046 on: September 02, 2014, 02:55:22 PM »
If you've ever been unemployed/ill and watched 'homes under the hammer', i absolutely hate the male presenter based on literally fuck all. I want to smash his face back into the 80's where his hair belongs. Do i really hate him? Ofcourse not.

I know the one you mean.

The point at which i hate him most is when he's at the newly bought property with the new owners and they're telling him their plans, and he's stood there, casually leaning against a wall, clearly not really interested in them or listening to them.

If i were the buyer, I'd lean over and push his head into the wall, with great force.

I hate Homes Under The Hammer.

I also hate every single estate agent on it. In the bits where they show them walking down the road and play "Mister Big Stuff" makes me want to throw the telly out of the room.

And before anyone points out I can turn the telly over or not watch it, my Mrs will happily watch every single property show that is on, so there is an element of inescapability to it all.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #1047 on: September 02, 2014, 02:55:45 PM »

I've just rung the club about this. I was told the site hasn't crashed, it's been taken down for a redesign in accordance with our new owners wishes.
I was assured that when the site comes back online it will contain our new badge and motto and will also be in the clubs new colours.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1048 on: September 02, 2014, 02:56:39 PM »

I've just rung the club about this. I was told the site hasn't crashed, it's been taken down for a redesign in accordance with our new owners wishes.
I was assured that when the site comes back online it will contain our new badge and motto and will also be in the clubs new colours.

With a redirect to the new domain, www.redbullbirminghamlions.co.uk

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1049 on: September 02, 2014, 02:58:11 PM »
I don't have an issue with him wanting to go to everton, but i still think he's a bell end. The TC23 is embarrassing (although probably like most footballers).

He'll want to make sure he plays well fast though, i don't think many will give him much time. He'll be wishing he was still a scapegoat.

Hope it works out if it happens.

Agreed - TC23.....ffs.

I reckon they earn so much cash that the sycophants that surround them dare not tell them that they are acting like bell ends.

Whilst I agree, he does seem a bit of a knob, and that TC23 stuff is pretty funny, we all know that a few decent performances and we'll have forgotten all about that, as well as this Everton hang-up.

It's funny taking the piss in the meantime, though.

Regards

PW666 x

I guess we would cheer most things that pull the shirt on to be honest. That is the thing with supporting a club I guess.

The Gabby thread is a great example of this.

Yes, us muggy twats will support any old wanker as long as he plays for us. Some of us will even sink as low as backing our all-time Premier League top scorer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal