collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Delph contract worry  (Read 33292 times)

Offline old man villa fan

Re: Delph contract worry
« Reply #255 on: November 29, 2014, 10:55:45 AM »
Good to hear Lambert continuing to spin the positive message, so Delph might leave in January.

From that, I take it that it is a done deal that he is going.  One thing you cannot accuse Lambert of is pessimistic comments.  He puts a positive spin on everything, regardless of how absurd it sounds.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #256 on: November 29, 2014, 01:29:16 PM »
Erm, controversial I know, but do we really miss Delph? We still don't protect the defence or retiain the ball with him in the side, he doesn't create much and doesn't score lots of goals. Yet he gets talked up. Decent player but not a great player. Just shows how low our expectations have got I suppose.

Totally agree

If he was really that good we would be creating more chances when he played

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #257 on: November 29, 2014, 01:31:04 PM »
I can't believe people only think he's average

Just look at the praise he gets from some top professionals (lineker, terry, Ferdinand, Murphy)

Very high passing stats, goals to his game now, can beat a man, much better on his right, really quick feet, very competitive

Bloody hell we're far too shit a side not to really miss a player like that

Goals. Not sure on his ratio but i suspect it will be rubbish

Offline peter w

« Reply #258 on: November 29, 2014, 05:22:16 PM »
What we will miss is the drive he gives us and the odd finish that will get you 9 poins or so a season. Crucial when you're fighting it out where we are. Take that away and who else have we got to do the same job and nick a win for us?

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #259 on: November 29, 2014, 08:07:33 PM »
I rate him quite highly, and don't think he will vanish into the unknown like many think at a better club. People say he stands out because of the utter dross around him (true), but playing with far superior players could up his game enormously. He's not looked out of place in his first England games at all.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #260 on: November 30, 2014, 04:25:29 PM »
Looking at our midfield at the moment it is static and I think Delph adds a bit of drive and energy.  He is also a tough tackling who can make things happen.  Yes his goals record could be better, but I still think he does enough to warrent a place in the side.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #261 on: November 30, 2014, 09:40:05 PM »
Paul Lambert fears he may lose prized asset Fabian Delph in January as the England midfielder’s contract situation still remains unsolved.

The 25-year-old’s deal expires at the end of the season and if an extension is not agreed soon, Villa may decide to cash in to avoid losing him for nothing in the summer. The club have previously said he would not be offloaded when the transfer window opens.

Lambert insists that Delph’s recovery from a dislocated shoulder is his main priority but admits that a potential departure in the New Year is a concern.

When asked if he was worried about selling him in January, Lambert replied:

“When people are going into the last year there is always that case. You are never sure what can happen.

“With the Bosman ruling the player holds the cards. I know that because I’ve done it myself.

“I know exactly what the Bosman ruling can do. Fabian’s been playing really well and I’m pretty sure he’s feeling good - other than the injury.

“We will speak when it’s time.”

Asked if there was any chance of keeping him, Lambert added:

“The door never shuts. We will just have to see.

“The main concern is getting him fit.

“You’re never sure what happens, you can never predict what will be said in meetings. The door’s never shut.”

Last season’s player-of-the-year is making good progress in his recovery, though.

“He’s doing alright and because he’s a fit anyway that won’t be affected too much.

“It’s just the actual contact he won’t be able to do because of the shoulder.

“I can’t put a timeframe on his return but we will want him back as soon as we can.

“Fabian will know himself and be ready ... he will be itching to get back in.

“There is no chance he will be out until February or March, no, no. I hope not anyway.”

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #262 on: November 30, 2014, 10:17:37 PM »
Where to start with pile of typical gobbledygook? 

I will leave it to others with lower blood pressure.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #263 on: November 30, 2014, 10:27:31 PM »
Paul Lambert fears he may lose prized asset Fabian Delph in January as the England midfielder’s contract situation still remains unsolved.

The 25-year-old’s deal expires at the end of the season and if an extension is not agreed soon, Villa may decide to cash in to avoid losing him for nothing in the summer. The club have previously said he would not be offloaded when the transfer window opens.

Lambert insists that Delph’s recovery from a dislocated shoulder is his main priority but admits that a potential departure in the New Year is a concern.

When asked if he was worried about selling him in January, Lambert replied:

“When people are going into the last year there is always that case. You are never sure what can happen.

“With the Bosman ruling the player holds the cards. I know that because I’ve done it myself.

“I know exactly what the Bosman ruling can do. Fabian’s been playing really well and I’m pretty sure he’s feeling good - other than the injury.

“We will speak when it’s time.”

Asked if there was any chance of keeping him, Lambert added:

“The door never shuts. We will just have to see.

“The main concern is getting him fit.

“You’re never sure what happens, you can never predict what will be said in meetings. The door’s never shut.”

Last season’s player-of-the-year is making good progress in his recovery, though.

“He’s doing alright and because he’s a fit anyway that won’t be affected too much.

“It’s just the actual contact he won’t be able to do because of the shoulder.

“I can’t put a timeframe on his return but we will want him back as soon as we can.

“Fabian will know himself and be ready ... he will be itching to get back in.

“There is no chance he will be out until February or March, no, no. I hope not anyway.”

Er wasn't that about 6 months ago?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal