collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Trinity Road facelift  (Read 6271 times)

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
Trinity Road facelift
« on: August 23, 2014, 06:44:02 PM »
Not seen it elsewhere on here but the club have done a good job on giving the stand interior a facelift. Nice touches on the concourse with large images of legends on the walls. Nice touch.

Offline Rudy65

Re: Trinity Road facelift
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:00:00 PM »
Which legends are featured?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 08:02:00 PM »
Brian Little, Paul McGrath, Peter McPartland and Dennis with the EC

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 08:40:44 PM »
Would be nice to have summat like that on the exterior, or better yet, a replica of the old red brick facade.  So the stand looks a bit less like a big shed or industrial warehouse from the outside.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 07:15:58 AM »
Would be nice to have summat like that on the exterior, or better yet, a replica of the old red brick facade.  So the stand looks a bit less like a big shed or industrial warehouse from the outside.

I'm no expert, would that be easy to do?

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 09:02:29 AM »

I have thought this for a while.

Not really sure how you'd go about a brick facade replica but pictures of Villa history in place of some of the metal and windows.

Needs to come back.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:04:33 AM by Smirker »

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 09:53:10 AM »
Brian Little, Paul McGrath, Peter McPartland and Dennis with the EC

If only we still had players of that ilk.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 10:18:23 PM »

An exact replica of the original would be difficult, owing to the different size of the two stands.  But a frontage more sympathetic to our history could be constructed, I am sure.  The new Holte and the red brick facade at Fenway Park show what can be done. 

The new Kop at Anfield is a different type of red brick design. Largely plain, but with enough space on the glass to include images of their players:

If reports are to be believed, the old Trinity had to go, with the amount of rot that was found in both corners.  The new Trinity doesn't lack for facilities either, I think most would agree with that.  But it does suffer in comparison to the original, and the look of it from street level is a part of that.  Outside of Wembley (and possibly Ibrox) we went from having a stand with the finest entrance in British football to one that looked like a bigger version of the type of thing you would find at Boro, Sunderland, Hull and other Legoland grounds.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 10:19:56 PM by KevinGage »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 11:01:08 PM »
There was talk of the North Stand renovation a little while back to have that sort of exterior. I think the plans had it look a bit like the exterior of the Bill Struth

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 07:41:35 AM »

An exact replica of the original would be difficult, owing to the different size of the two stands.  But a frontage more sympathetic to our history could be constructed, I am sure.  The new Holte and the red brick facade at Fenway Park show what can be done. 

I'd love us to replicate the Red Brick frontage. As a short term fix, I think replacing the mental sheets with photos of Various legends would make a hell of a lot of difference.

The new Kop at Anfield is a different type of red brick design. Largely plain, but with enough space on the glass to include images of their players:

If reports are to be believed, the old Trinity had to go, with the amount of rot that was found in both corners.  The new Trinity doesn't lack for facilities either, I think most would agree with that.  But it does suffer in comparison to the original, and the look of it from street level is a part of that.  Outside of Wembley (and possibly Ibrox) we went from having a stand with the finest entrance in British football to one that looked like a bigger version of the type of thing you would find at Boro, Sunderland, Hull and other Legoland grounds.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 12:53:33 PM »
The trinity looks v cheap and tacky from the outside. Yes it's a huge improvement with the facilities on the inside. But essentially we took a took a Rolls Royce silver ghost to the scrap yard and replaced it with a ford mondeo when the new stand was built. Heinous.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 07:43:05 PM »
Considering what a decent job was done with the outside of the new Holte its amazing how shit the outside of the Trinity looks. Looks like it belongs on an industrial estate.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 07:57:12 PM »
I think the industrial state look is improved when lit up for a night game. I took a Malaysian visitor to a night game and he stopped on Trinity road and took photos, a real wow moment for him. Mind you, it was his first visit to a ground here.
For the ultimate in 21st century industrial/retail park look I give you Wembley stadium south side, all that money to give us that shit.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 08:24:03 PM »
There isnt a single redeeming feature on the road facing external side of the Trinity... Even the new lego stadiums at least have an obvious entrance/focal point.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 08:33:40 PM »
There isnt a single redeeming feature on the road facing external side of the Trinity... Even the new lego stadiums at least have an obvious entrance/focal point.

The 'Aston Villa' sign looks nice lit up. 

But that's it.

Short term, it would look so much better with some big images of Villa Legends.

Is anyone in the Supporters Trust and willing to put the suggestion forward?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal