collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tom Fox announced as new Villa CEO  (Read 89540 times)

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
Re: Tom Fox announced as new Villa CEO
« Reply #495 on: March 17, 2016, 08:32:59 PM »
Had no idea he'd resigned until a few minutes ago.

Neither did he until he saw it announced on the official site (probably.)

Offline kippaxvilla2

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #497 on: May 31, 2017, 09:14:54 PM »
I presume President means Chief Exec in Americanisation speak?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #498 on: May 31, 2017, 11:06:09 PM »
I've only just seen this.  Seems he had form for repeating himself.  He never really knew the difference between selling merchandise and running a football club.

Premier League
Winning isn't everything, says Arsenal official Fox
ESPN staff
December 6, 2012

Arsene Wenger claimed in October that finishing fourth in the league was the equivalent of winning
An Arsenal official has insisted that the club's seven-year wait for a trophy has not harmed their reputation because the Gunners are "defined by more than winning".

The club's chief commercial officer Tom Fox believes that the recent renewal of Arsenal's sponsorship deal with Emirates - worth £150 million - is proof the club's brand remains strong despite their failure to challenge for top honours in recent years.

Arsenal, who last claimed major silverware in the 2005 FA Cup final, are currently 10th in the Premier League table having lost four and won just five of their 15 games in the competition so far this season. The Gunners were booed off at the weekend after losing 2-0 at home to Swansea City.

Fox, however, claimed that being competitive on the pitch was not the only measure of success. "Arsenal Football Club is not only about winning," he said. "We have a large and engaged fan-base around the world who want to feel as if they belong to the club, and want to feel proud to belong to the club. That's my primary business."

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #499 on: June 01, 2017, 04:12:31 AM »
MAY 31, 2017
The Quakes fan-base is reeling after today’s news that the team hired former Senior Vice President of Gatorade, Chief Commercial Officer of Arsenal, and President of Aston Villa Tom Fox as the club’s new President. Several Villa fans have already given words of caution.

A few Aston Villa reddit fans had these things to say:

“Nothing we did under his regime was beneficial . . . [it] cost us a fair bit of money . . . How he has landed another job at the top of the chain is beyond staggering.” –HyperMegaMuffin
“The fact that he’s got another high-level position at a football club is nothing short of ridiculous.” –Harewoodsforeheads92
“He’s a proper sly c***. I hope he gets sacked before he can do any real damage.” –Pefala
A few Villains that also happen to be Quakes fans were none-too-pleased at the news.

“I’m so sad that I have to deal with Fox again. I credit him as a major supporting reason to our relegation last year from the EPL. Seems like a step backwards” -AmericanVillan
“As a fellow Villa fan, I’m not excited about Fox, either . . . He took the team from the warm up act of the s#!t show to headliner,” -El_Floppo
Not to be outdone, some Villa fans that heard the news gave their condolences on this site.

“Good luck to you and your team – from a Villa fan – you’ll need it!”
“The man knows nothing about football and the fact that he had to have bodyguards by the end of his time at Villa Park tells you everything you need to know about his incompetence. I am still beyond furious at what he and – ultimately – Randy Lerner did to Aston Villa Football Club. Fox and Lerner represent just about the very lowest period of the club’s 143 year history.”
Buckle up, fellow Quakes fans. This could be bumpy ride.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #500 on: June 01, 2017, 06:43:17 AM »
I want HyperMegaMuffin to post on here.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #501 on: June 01, 2017, 02:01:31 PM »
about Bake Off?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #502 on: November 18, 2019, 08:56:07 PM »

I went to the Tutankhamen exhibition in Chelsea last Friday, and upon entering Sloane Square tube station on the way back i said to my friend, there's a tube map on the wall inside i'll just check it to see the best route to Oxford Circus.

So, we're standing in front of this tube map and i say we need to go to Victoria and then up from there.

My friend says 'that's one stop, we could walk there'

A smartly dressed chap standing nearby said 'she's right, you could walk that'

Glancing up i gave the bloke a 'don't say that mate, i'm already knackered' look, which he noticed and quickly added 'but you'd probably be better of getting the tube'

I then gave him the nod and said ... thanks. Then i thought to myself, hang on. I know that blokes face from somewhere which i think he clocked from my expression.

I said 'do i know you?' quickly hoping my brain would fill in the details to which he replied 'you might'

Something Aston Villa related isn't it i said, my friend at this point was looking on very confused

'Yes, i'm Tom Fox, i thought i recognised that accent'

'Fucking hell. So you are'

We then proceeded to have a 5 minute chat there in front of the tube map, me explaining to my friend things hadn't ended well for the club whilst Tom and Randy were there etc. But i have to confess he was a super lovely bloke. No excuses, even asked me if i was one of the ones singing 'Tom Fox is a wanker' with a wry smile but i didn't recall so.

Had nothing but good words to say about the supporters and wished us all the best.

I know my own mates said 'you should've chinned him' when i told them the day after but i'm an adult. He was doing the job he was paid to do by his boss as far as i'm concerned and whilst i didn't like it i can separate the man from the job.

Just posting this as it was about a random meeting as i can ever recall having.

Half hour later in a pub in Carnaby Street (the Shakespeare) i thought Alan Hutton had walked in. It took me about two minutes staring to decide it wasn't actually him such were the similarities.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #503 on: November 18, 2019, 11:18:45 PM »
Fucking hell did you have to remind us of that banker? You have spoilt my evening now so I am off to bed.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #504 on: November 19, 2019, 12:51:16 AM »
Lulz. Tom Fox made me storm off to bed.

He was a smooth fcuker, but we paid him an obscene salary so I guess it's not difficult for him to be nice about us.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #505 on: November 19, 2019, 01:36:26 AM »
Half hour later in a pub in Carnaby Street (the Shakespeare) i thought Alan Hutton had walked in. It took me about two minutes staring to decide it wasn't actually him such were the similarities.

Considering how much you obsessively hated Hutton, I'm surprised you didn't bottle the bloke just for looking like him. Have you finally come to terms he scored a cracker against the Rags. ;)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #506 on: November 19, 2019, 09:19:08 AM »
Even allowing for the omnishambles of the last 10 years, I'd say Tom Fox is our shittest ever employee, and he's got some exceedingly stiff competition for that title.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #507 on: November 19, 2019, 09:35:00 AM »
Even allowing for the omnishambles of the last 10 years, I'd say Tom Fox is our shittest ever employee, and he's got some exceedingly stiff competition for that title.

The man he employed for a start.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #508 on: November 19, 2019, 11:22:10 AM »
One of the red tops ran a story on Fox when he left that had a headline along the lines of 'Tom Fox's reign will be best remembered for his complete lack of football knowledge'

Just about sums him up really.

Is he back in work or still living off his pay off?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #509 on: November 19, 2019, 11:24:29 AM »
He got a job back in America I think but no idea how it went.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal