collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Have we got a good squad?  (Read 16116 times)

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Re: Have we got a good squad?
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2014, 12:20:10 AM »
This is the best squad we've had for at least 3 years, and the amount of youth in the side should see it only improve. I think we're definitely top 10 - and this is me trying to tone down my optimism.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2014, 12:23:05 AM »
It would be great to put one over on the Stripy Frenchmen on Sat.
We've got a crap record against them over the last few seasons.
Our "better" squad (imho) have a better chance of doing that than we did last season. And the season before.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2014, 12:23:46 AM »
Ask us after 10 games, not you but typical Villa fans getting carried away again after one excellent win. The squad looked good this time around last year so how people can say it's better is beyond me, lets wait and see.

Heaven forbid we should be looking on the bright side about the team we support.

If we lose 0-2 on Sat people will soon change their tune and that bright side won't be very bright anymore.

Goldie.7.....don't worry be happy....you sound like you want us to lose......

Why on earth would i want my own team to lose, on the flip side though, if we win 2-0 i think we'd all be happy and the optimism will grow.

But if we lose 2-0 as you put in your post will the sky fall in .....will you stop going.....will you start supporting Man city?

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2014, 12:25:51 AM »
Good opening post and I do agree, written down we suddenly look fair to middling rather than average to crap.
 You are however marked down for the OMG and suggestion you nick Jack off Eire.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2014, 12:26:50 AM »
This is the best squad we've had for at least 3 years, and the amount of youth in the side should see it only improve. I think we're definitely top 10 - and this is me trying to tone down my optimism.

and we still have time to add 1 or 2 more players

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2014, 12:29:31 AM »
Ask us after 10 games, not you but typical Villa fans getting carried away again after one excellent win. The squad looked good this time around last year so how people can say it's better is beyond me, lets wait and see.

Heaven forbid we should be looking on the bright side about the team we support.

If we lose 0-2 on Sat people will soon change their tune and that bright side won't be very bright anymore.

Goldie.7.....don't worry be happy....you sound like you want us to lose......

Why on earth would i want my own team to lose, on the flip side though, if we win 2-0 i think we'd all be happy and the optimism will grow.

But if we lose 2-0 as you put in your post will the sky fall in .....will you stop going.....will you start supporting Man city?

.......?

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2014, 12:32:07 AM »
Good opening post and I do agree, written down we suddenly look fair to middling rather than average to crap.
 You are however marked down for the OMG and suggestion you nick Jack off Eire.

The Mail is saying Calum Chambers is ready for England... I would love us to nick Jack off Eire, if Calum Chambers is ready for England so is Jack

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2014, 12:34:14 AM »
If our better squad (imho!) can help turn around the home form, which Lambert has acknowledged is unacceptable, then this season can only be better than the last 2/3.
I would love to think we will not be losing, almost inevitably, at home to the likes of Palace and Fulham and making Stoke look like Barcefukinlona!

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2014, 12:36:07 AM »
...and West Ham! What the f**k happened there?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2014, 12:44:18 AM »
If the injury Gods are kind to us we should be comfortable mid table, with anything from 8th down up for grabs this season. Not because we are suddenly great, but because we are improved as a squad and there is nothing outside the probably 7 obvious clubs that is much better than what we have when fully fit. And we are long overdue a good season on the injury front.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2014, 08:23:41 AM »
I think we have enough now, once the injured players come back. Let's see how we go til Jan. We can strengthen then if required.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2014, 08:34:25 AM »
It's only been one game. The last few seasons have taught us that looking on the bright side tends to lead us to squint until our eyes are shut. Fan confidence or optimism are one thing but I've had enough of following the gourd and will wait until more shoes are taken off until I'm convinced that we're on the up.

Makes sense to me, we all want us to do well this season.

I think you've both kind of missed the point of the thread. The chap asked if we had a better squad than last season. No-one's talking about getting carried away with one result.

We've got Okore to come back, Joe Cole yet to play, Sanchez to come in and Benteke and Kozak nearing fitness, the likes of Hutton, Bent and N'Zogbia back in the fold, Grealish as an option and also a possible two more to come in, so overall i think it's looking a lot healthier than last year.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2014, 08:37:05 AM »
It's better than last year, but we still need a creative force in the midfield.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2014, 08:37:31 AM »
Also we need an attacking wide player.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2014, 08:39:30 AM »
It's improved.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal