collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Have we got a good squad?  (Read 16036 times)

Offline Marlon's Hairy Wood

Re: Have we got a good squad?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 10:56:19 PM »
--------------Guzan
--------------Given

Hutton----Vlaar----Senderos-----Cissokho
Lowton----Okore----Clark---------Bennett

---------Delph-------Sanchez
---------Westwood---Richardson

Gabby------------------------N'Zogbia
Bacuna--------------------------Cole

---------Benteke-----Weimann
---------Bent---------Kozak

Plenty of versatile and on their day quality players there & El Ahmadhi, Baker on the fringes

and two very good up and comers in Grealish & Gardner

I'm full of enthusiasm at the moment, add another one or two new signings and we'll soon see why we were right to stick with Lambert

I was also meant to say - on top of the new signings we've made.. N'Zogbia, Bemt and Okore could count as transfers in this summer due to them being unavailable all last season. Okore was suppose to be the next big thing and Zog is class on his day, and Bent's still got a 25 in 64(ish) scoring record for us.. it's all good

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2014, 11:07:13 PM »
Ask us after 10 games, not you but typical Villa fans getting carried away again after one excellent win. The squad looked good this time around last year so how people can say it's better is beyond me, lets wait and see.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2014, 11:16:01 PM »
Ask us after 10 games, not you but typical Villa fans getting carried away again after one excellent win. The squad looked good this time around last year so how people can say it's better is beyond me, lets wait and see.

Come on cheer up..... The cup is half full.... New players in with premiership experience.... Two players in who played in the World Cup..... Injured players back..... and players that were previously ostracise, back playing in the first team..... Were not going to win the league, but there are clearly reasons to be optimistic....... you must have a little bit of hope in your soul?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 11:19:07 PM »

Heaven forbid we should be looking on the bright side about the team we support.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 11:38:46 PM »
I'm a half full guy but I think we're worse this year.  Not due to the players but the lack or leadership.
Randy - wants out > Lambert - one year left > captain - one year left etc.  It will not take much for the whole thing to collapse and inter-arguinng to take hold (Cole/Richardson etc couldn't give a shit about the club, they've just extended their pay day).

I obviously hope that is not the case but I think that is more likely than the squad remaining a cohesive/committed unit.  If they do, then Lambert deserves huge credit.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:56:57 AM by Dante Lavelli »

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 11:46:37 PM »

Heaven forbid we should be looking on the bright side about the team we support.

If we lose 0-2 on Sat people will soon change their tune and that bright side won't be very bright anymore.

Offline peter w

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 11:47:26 PM »
It's only been one game. The last few seasons have taught us that looking on the bright side tends to lead us to squint until our eyes are shut. Fan confidence or optimism are one thing but I've had enough of following the gourd and will wait until more shoes are taken off until I'm convinced that we're on the up.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 11:49:46 PM »
It's only been one game. The last few seasons have taught us that looking on the bright side tends to lead us to squint until our eyes are shut. Fan confidence or optimism are one thing but I've had enough of following the gourd and will wait until more shoes are taken off until I'm convinced that we're on the up.

Makes sense to me, we all want us to do well this season.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 11:55:15 PM »
Ask us after 38 games.
Let's wait and see.

Sorry, F**k that. Like a few thousand others I'm gonna be at as many games as I can, supporting my team being as positive/hopeful as I can and sharing the experience.
Waiting and seeing maybe wise but it's a crap way to support your team!
UTV!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 12:00:00 AM »
Loads of potential. Shit manager.

I'd have loved to have seen what a half decent manager could have done with our squad.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 12:01:47 AM »

If we lose 0-2 on Sat people will soon change their tune and that bright side won't be very bright anymore.

Goldie.7.....don't worry be happy....you sound like you want us to lose......

It's good that you're being realistic, and it's fair to point out deficiencies in our performances especially at home, but there's no need to rain on the parade, if people want to celebrate a victory away at Stoke, taking into consideration what they did to us last season both home and away, let them celebrate. Football has changed and the clubs that pay the biggest wages, and the biggest transfer fees, get the best players and win the trophies. For the rest of us football is about having great "moments", as it's unlikely that anyone other than the big spending teams will have a great season. So I would urge you to enjoy the "moments", whenever they come along, as that's all you're likely to get, until football wakes up and becomes more of a level playing ground and the Villa can start competing again at the top of the pyramid.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 12:02:46 AM »
Ask us after 38 games.
Let's wait and see.

Sorry, F**k that. Like a few thousand others I'm gonna be at as many games as I can, supporting my team being as positive/hopeful as I can and sharing the experience.
UTV!

We're not boycotting, most of us will still go to as many games as we can. Shouting C'mon Villa from the Holte has nothing to do with the topic... Have we got a good squad?

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 12:04:48 AM »
Ask us after 38 games.
Let's wait and see.

UTV!

Top post

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 12:13:20 AM »
Ask us after 38 games.
Let's wait and see.

UTV!

We're not boycotting, most of us will still go to as many games as we can. Shouting C'mon Villa from the Holte has nothing to do with the topic... Have we got a good squad?
Better than last season.
As I posted earlier.

The reaction of the players on Saturday at the end of the game showed that they care - even if it was only against Stoke!!!
But it was a game most on here predicted we would lose and we didn't. We were the better team and should've scored more.
I'm not saying it's the new revolution, just that we've got off to as good a start as we could've hoped for, the players look up for it (surprisingly?) and so should we. As always.
UTV!

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2014, 12:18:19 AM »

Goldie.7.....don't worry be happy....you sound like you want us to lose......

Why on earth would i want my own team to lose, on the flip side though, if we win 2-0 i think we'd all be happy and the optimism will grow.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal