collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Karim El-Ahmadi  (Read 11514 times)

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
Re: Karim El-Ahmadi
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2014, 12:05:42 PM »
On a slight tangent, I have to say I thought Westwood played very well on Saturday. He was doubling-up brilliantly whenever Hutton or Cissokho were one-on-one with either of Stoke's wide players and seemed to be looking to move the ball at a quicker tempo than last season when in possession.

Whether this is as a result of Sanchez's arrival, or maybe Keane's, I don't know, but I really do think that Lambert will be looking to play him alongside Sanchez in a lot of games, especially away from home.

I really do think that this'll leave KEA surplus to requirements, and with his comments this week about leaving at the end of his contract I expect that we'll be looking to cash-in on him before the window closes.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2014, 12:06:56 PM »
He's got ability. He's tidy with the ball. He often looks a lot better in pre-season because the pace is slow and he has time on the ball. Give him time on the ball and he looks like he could make a half decent playmaker. The trouble is, at this level he's not got enough zip about him. He dwells too much, and doesn't think quickly enough.

He's better than Sylla, but ultimately, probably will rank as one of the most forgettable players we've ever had. Not very good, and at the same time not so bad that you'd look back with a grimace and a shake of the head.

I agree with this 100%, the pace of the game is too much for him and he's had enough games to adapt now so it's probably not going to happen.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2014, 12:20:36 PM »
Homesick?  He earns what, £20+ grand a week, works 2 hours a day Monday - Friday and 90 minutes on a Saturday, Amsterdam is a 45 minute flight away and he's homesick?  Do me a favour.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 12:22:51 PM by Jon Crofts »

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2014, 12:27:05 PM »
Homesick?  He earns what, £20+ grand a week, works 2 hours a day Monday - Friday and 90 minutes on a Saturday, Amsterdam is a 45 minute flight away and he's homesick?  Do me a favour.

To be fair, I don't think he's actually claiming to be homesick, just that he'd like to return to Holland when his contract expires.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2014, 01:01:25 PM »
It’s good to see every possible cliché about life here being peddled. To be fair to him, I believe that his quote has been very much taken out of context and he merely expressed a desire to return back to Feyenoord at some point in the future; especially given the high esteem by which he is held.  As regards the league here,  sure its slower than the Premier League, but as a season ticket holder at a Dutch 2nd division team, I can assure you that the level of technical skills on display during a regular game are light years away from your average Saturday afternoon League 2 lumpfest. Anyway, I’d best get back to my dinner of roasted tulip bulbs, washed down by a tiny beer that consists mostly of head and then later jump on my bike whilst smoking a Camberwell sausage, to ogle the massed blonde Amazonian Dutch woman amassed along the cafes of Amsterdam.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2014, 01:46:01 PM »
The frustrating thing about him and all of Lambert's signings is that he's shown signs that there's a good player in there. Maybe, like Vlaar, he needs better around him. I'd certainly keep him for this season.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2014, 02:47:16 PM »
The frustrating thing about him and all of Lambert's signings is that he's shown signs that there's a good player in there. Maybe, like Vlaar, he needs better around him. I'd certainly keep him for this season.

I don't disagree entirely, but you have to wonder where he slips to in the pecking order with, as it stands, Sanchez, Delph, Westwood and Richardson all ahead of him? I don't think he'll want to warm the bench at his age. And if Lambert gets the two players in he's been hinting at then one, even two might be midfielders. Throw in Gary Gardner and Joe Cole into the mix and it's getting pretty congested in there. He might think he's better off going now and us getting a fee for him.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2014, 02:57:00 PM »

To be fair, I don't think he's actually claiming to be homesick, just that he'd like to return to Holland when his contract expires.

Fair enough, he's certainly been nudged down the pecking order in recent weeks and if he just wants to play then fair do's, I'd rather have a KEA in the side than a Stephen Ireland.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2014, 04:45:59 PM »

If they all need better around them they can't all play.

On the scale of great (Benteke) to good (Vlaar) to bog-standard (Luna, Bertrand...all the left backs he's signed til this summer really), he's very much in the 'meh' camp.

At least an argument can be made for others with still plenty to prove such as Westwood or even those farmed out for the year like Tonev and Sylla,  that they are much less experienced, being five or more years younger than KEA. 

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2014, 05:56:52 PM »
Homesick

Probably move to palace now

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »
It’s good to see every possible cliché about life here being peddled. To be fair to him, I believe that his quote has been very much taken out of context and he merely expressed a desire to return back to Feyenoord at some point in the future; especially given the high esteem by which he is held.  As regards the league here,  sure its slower than the Premier League, but as a season ticket holder at a Dutch 2nd division team, I can assure you that the level of technical skills on display during a regular game are light years away from your average Saturday afternoon League 2 lumpfest. Anyway, I’d best get back to my dinner of roasted tulip bulbs, washed down by a tiny beer that consists mostly of head and then later jump on my bike whilst smoking a Camberwell sausage, to ogle the massed blonde Amazonian Dutch woman amassed along the cafes of Amsterdam.

Ha ha, nice one!

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2014, 07:07:01 PM »
Can you ride a bike whilst stoned with clogs on ?

Offline Colin B

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2014, 10:16:03 PM »
If the plan is to play Sanchez and Westwood as the two in a 4-2-3-1 then I would like to see him given a few games as the right sided player in the three. I feel this position would suit more than the role he has been asked to normally play.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2014, 10:23:50 PM »

To be honest Dave, I don't think he's a bad squad option for a team in our position, in that I think he could come in and do well in the odd game here and there.  I just don't think he's of the required standard to be playing every week . 

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2014, 11:37:50 PM »

You do get a lot of head in Amsterdam.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal