collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Former Villa Chairman on TV  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Former Villa Chairman on TV
« on: August 14, 2014, 01:31:24 AM »
No, not that one.

Harry Kartz had quite a prominent part in '100 Year-Old Drivers' on ITV last night. It was a lovely, heart-warming show in general, and Harry was great in it. Formerly of Bomber Command, and our chairman when we won the European Cup (I think), what a life he's had!

Well worth watching on catch-up or if they repeat it. Only saw the last half of it myself but will definitely be watching again.

(Thought this deserved more prominence than the telly thread in OT, won't be offended if moved).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 01:33:44 AM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Former Villa Chairman on TV
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 07:29:13 AM »
... and our chairman when we won the European Cup (I think).....

Ron Bendall was chairman, Harry was on the board though. He was chairman when we won the League the previous season.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2014, 09:25:58 AM »
There were 2 bendalls on the board when we won the league and European cup weren't there?

I was working in Cornwall a number of years ago just went down for a few days for a site visit. It was the start of the season and we had west ham on a Monday night. I had driven round for ages to find a pub to watch it as none seemed to have sky down there. I finally found one and settled in to watch the match. There was an old boy watching it too and we got chatting about Villa. Eventually he asked my name and I asked his and he said Don Bendall and that he used to be connected with the club, but didn't make a big deal of it. The name rang a bell, but I never twigged at the time who it was. In fact it was a few years after until I realised who I had been chatting to that night.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 09:34:33 AM »
got it on the planner to watch, my wife recorded it for me after I mentioned that Harry Kartz was on and I had told her of his Villa connections.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal