collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New programme design  (Read 7164 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
New programme design
« on: August 13, 2014, 06:11:30 PM »
Although I very rarely buy a programme I do like this idea. I also liked the Parma cover. Curious what the prog collectors think?

Villa fans love a special edition programme - and every single issue of the Villa News & Record will be exceptional this season.

To mark the club's 140 years in existence, every front cover will be a different design - each one based on iconic Villa programmes from the past.

It will build into an impressive volume which no Villa collector will want to be without, and inside each issue we will be taking a look at the original programme and its contents.

The programme against Parma begins the set with the cover design from 1969 while our first top-flight edition against Newcastle refers back to 2001.

Our award-winning Villa Vault section will also include two new features.

'140 Years of Villa' will take a look, issue by issue, at significant moments and events throughout the course of our illustrious history.

And 'The Saunders Diaries' traces Ron Saunders' amazing first campaign as manager, when we marked our 1974-75 centenary season by winning the League Cup and promotion back to the top flight.

Those are just a couple of the changes to your matchday publication, which will be brighter and more informative than ever.

Other innovations include 'The Unseen Villa Park' - a look behind the scenes at areas of the stadium which are never seen by the public - and an offbeat feature called 'Can we sing a song for you'?

This will give an entertaining slant to our comprehensive coverage of the visiting club.

There will also be a regular in-depth feature with a player, plus regular columns with manager Paul Lambert, skipper Ron Vlaar and former Villa striker Stan Collymore.

Younger fans, meanwhile, will love the KidZone section, which will include a centrefold player poster, so there's something for Villans of all ages.

And to top it all, the price has been pegged at £3 for the sixth consecutive season. Our Parma edition will be just £2.

That's great value for a special programme.

Subscribe now to be entered into a competition to win a pair of Fabian Delph's boots, signed by the star midfielder himself.

Our subscription costs £66, with free delivery to the UK, £34 delivery to Europe and a £54 delivery charge to the rest of the world.

Offline PeterWithesShin

Re: New programme design
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 06:13:25 PM »
In other merchandise news

Fabian Delph has really captured the imagination of supporters with his driving midfield performances - and that appreciation is certainly showing up big time in shirt sales in Villa Stores.

'Delph 16' is the most popular name and number combination after analysis of figures in the first week of trading in Villa Stores at Villa Village and New Street as well as the Online Store.

The likes of Christian Benteke, Ron Vlaar, Gabby Agbonlahor, Andi Weimann and Joe Cole are also showing strong numbers - with Jack Grealish faring best of the young lions.

Stan Collymore holds the all-time record for shirt name and number sales.

Other popular combinations in the Villa Stores are 'Villa 4 Ever', 'McGrath 5' and 'Petrov 19' as fans show off their loyalty to the club and their former heroes.

Merchandising boss John Greenfield said: "It's no real surprise to see Fabian at the top of the sales figures.

"Fabian, as everyone knows, has really progressed greatly in his time with the club - and he won player of the year with both fans and players last season.

"Who will forget that winning goal he scored against Chelsea or the blockbusters against Southampton and West Brom - these are the moments that really hit a chord with supporters.

"It's good to see Jack up there too. We are a club closely associated with bringing through youngsters all the way from the academy to the first team.

"Villa fans appreciate this and shirt sales follow suit."

Villa have also announced that Aly Cissokho will wear No.23.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 07:14:54 PM »
I like the programme idea. Credit also for not bumping the price up.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 07:38:03 PM »
Parma was £2, but isn't the regular price £3? If so, how come the free P&P subscription package is £66? 19 x £3 = £57. Or am I missing something (as usual)?

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 08:56:59 PM »
I think that is a great idea. Love the Saunders Diary thing, might go and buy the programme just for that.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 09:12:10 PM »
Is this the official H&V?

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 09:41:16 PM »
Does anyone buy this total guff anymore. I cant think of anything worse than the official programme bigging up our most recent defeat and saying what a great team we have.

Give me a bit of h&v any day

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 09:53:11 PM »
Great idea. Like it.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 10:00:07 PM »
Does anyone buy this total guff anymore. I cant think of anything worse than the official programme bigging up our most recent defeat and saying what a great team we have.

Give me a bit of h&v any day

total guff? It's one of the best presented programmes in the industry. By that rationale I assume you feel no club should have a programme because all teams lose games.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 10:01:55 PM »
The 1968/69 programme is one of my favourites. It was still the smaller programme size before going to the larger match day magazine format.
Lots of memorable games in the second half of that season.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 10:03:28 PM »
I find the programmes quite useful not necessarily in the present day but a few years down the Line. Particularly the last one of the season which is full of data.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 10:08:04 PM »
The progs in the late 70s early 80s were massive.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2014, 10:18:12 PM »
The progs in the late 70s early 80s were massive.
A3 I believe.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2014, 10:27:23 PM »
Saw a piece on Sky News earlier about the Sheffield United player who was jailed for rape and how he might come back into the team upon release. Shocking but what was more shocking was the price of the programme one guy was reading, presumably from their weekend game against Bristol City and it was £5!! FIVE ENGLISH POUNDS for a League one programme!!!

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2014, 10:28:14 PM »
Was it gold plated or something?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal