collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Free coaches and subsidised tickets  (Read 6613 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Free coaches and subsidised tickets
« on: August 13, 2014, 06:07:09 PM »
The Club is pleased to announce that we will be offering supporters subsidised tickets to a minimum of five away games in the 2014-15 season.

As part of the Barclays Premier League initiative, there will also be free away coach travel for midweek games.

Five free coaches will take fans to our most long-distance fixtures, including those challenging midweek trips.

The five away games to be covered by free coach travel will be: Crystal Palace (December 2); Hull City (February 10); Newcastle (February 28); Sunderland (March 14); Southampton (May 16).

The Club will also be offering reciprocal pricing agreements with other Premier League clubs, including our home game against Hull City on August 31 as well as our midweek evening kick-off at the KC Stadium on February 10.

The reciprocal agreement means ticket prices of £25 for adults and £10 for juniors for these games.

The Club will actively engage with other clubs throughout the season in an effort to secure further reciprocal away pricing agreements and details will be announced in advance of such games.

Further to this, existing away scheme fans will again be rewarded, with each member receiving £15 Villa Cash for their away support of the team, which is money that fans will be able to spend on home tickets, merchandise and events.

For Lions Clubs, there will be a separate incentive, with those who take one coach to each of the five away games identified above to receive a total subsidy of £500.

"In recognising that some fixtures are more difficult than others for our supporters to attend, we're delighted to announce these details," said Nicola Keye, Villa's head of consumer sales.

"We're particularly pleased to have reached out to Hull City and to have agreed a reciprocal agreement, which we hope to do with other clubs.

"We understand that midweek travel is especially difficult for supporters and this initiative will help to make those trips a more enjoyable experience which our fans can all look forward to."

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
Re: Free coaches and subsidised tickets
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 07:53:05 PM »
To bump this up, excellent news, I do like the reciprocal agreement initiative.

I don't do away games (rarely do home games!) but it must help those that do when the club do things like this.

Offline astonvillan

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 06:49:28 PM »
Chelsea is the first one with subsidised tickets. Now £47 (rather than £52) for the lower tier and £50 (rather than £55) for the upper. Bargain!

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 07:02:06 PM »
Chelsea is the first one with subsidised tickets. Now £47 (rather than £52) for the lower tier and £50 (rather than £55) for the upper. Bargain!
Those prices are just mental.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 07:05:26 PM »
If Villa were charging those prices i'd never go. Just out of principal. Those prices are a disgrace.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 07:37:25 PM »
To bump this up, excellent news, I do like the reciprocal agreement initiative.

I don't do away games (rarely do home games!) but it must help those that do when the club do things like this.

The club used to have a reciprocal agreement with Blackburn, think it was £25 for adults and £5 for kids.  I remember one season taking my nephew to Blackburn and it costing £30, then going to Bolton a few weeks later and it being £60.  The reciprocal arrangements are nice, a rare modern football thing of clubs not acting like a cartel to fleece the fans.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 08:02:23 PM »
Good news. The prices of the top clubs are a disgrace.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 08:19:35 PM »
Was lucky enough to take advantage of most of the free coaches last season - a great incentive - and the reciprocal arrangements with some clubs is an excellent idea. I think only Swansea did it last season.
The "big" clubs won't do that though because it won't let them fleece their own fans and away fans for every penny they can get out of us. Bastards!

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 08:23:05 PM »
If Villa were charging those prices i'd never go. Just out of principal. Those prices are a disgrace.
It's not as if PL clubs need to charge those prices now with the TV money. Especially chavski. Absolute piss take of the highest order.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 08:30:26 PM »
If everyone stopped going to PL matches, prices would have to go down, but not enough people would be willing to do that. A bit like voting, if nobody voted, we may get rid of the useless tosh that always end up running the country.

"Each time you vote, you support the process...". Just substitute vote for buying tickets.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 08:37:45 PM »
Leeg should take note of the free coach offer since a ban from Redsox Tours is under consideration.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 08:45:23 PM »

For another £52 quid, you could have a season ticket at Bayern Munich.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 08:47:53 PM »
Leeg should take note of the free coach offer since a ban from Redsox Tours is under consideration.
Was he waving his wrinkly pink scarf out of the window again?

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 08:49:48 PM »
The subserdised coaches are a great gesture. Frustrating for me though. I live In Manchester City Centre, and travel to 90% of aways, all by train. Therefore I'm penalised for living in Manchester as obviously I wouldn't to travel to Villa Park to jump on a free coach.
Would be nice if somehow they recognised supporters like me.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2014, 09:12:49 PM »
The subserdised coaches are a great gesture. Frustrating for me though. I live In Manchester City Centre, and travel to 90% of aways, all by train. Therefore I'm penalised for living in Manchester as obviously I wouldn't to travel to Villa Park to jump on a free coach.
Would be nice if somehow they recognised supporters like me.
why don't you support your local team instead of chasing Villa around the country? you f'king glory hunter

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal