collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Parma Attendance  (Read 25272 times)

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
Re: Parma Attendance
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 08:12:13 AM »
Pricing tickets at £5 for an adult and £1 or £2 for a child might have made a difference.

Would have made a lot of sense. I decided to save my money for the Newcastle game but if the tickets had been priced much lower I would have shown my face.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 08:13:31 AM »
A tenner for a ticket in the North Stand isn't really charging through the nose though is it?

Offline Tugby Villain

• Villa through thick and thin!!!
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 08:27:40 AM »
I didn't want to go because at the end of the day it's just a training game.  It was predictably dull, it's not designed to entertain

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 09:29:39 AM »
Its only a friendly, who cares?

I have a season ticket and I am part of the away scheme. I was climbing Snowdon on Saturday and had completely forgot we were playing until I spoke to my dad on Sunday afternoon.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2014, 10:38:36 AM »
A tenner for a ticket in the North Stand isn't really charging through the nose though is it?

Well no it's not, but when you've got 3 home games and an away games on sale, you can understand why people might have wanted to give it a miss. Maybe a fiver for Season Ticket holders might have been an idea as well.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 11:12:25 AM »
Don't know why we bother staging home friendly games anyway, it's a relatively new thing at Villa as I don't remember many home freindlies over the last 30+ years. Our pre season fixtures should be staged away from Villa Park and save the pitch for the real games.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2014, 11:25:28 AM »
the one we organised as part of buying Savo was a good one. Time might have impaired my memory, but I seem to remember tickets were as cheap as chips and there was a pretty good crowd there.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2014, 11:29:50 AM »
the one we organised as part of buying Savo was a good one. Time might have impaired my memory, but I seem to remember tickets were as cheap as chips and there was a pretty good crowd there.

That's the game that sticks in my mind as well. Other than that I can't remember anymore home freindlies before Lerner took over. I just don't know why we bother with them. It's probably just another reason to fleece the fans.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2014, 11:32:40 AM »

That's the game that sticks in my mind as well. Other than that I can't remember anymore home freindlies before Lerner took over. I just don't know why we bother with them. It's probably just another reason to fleece the fans.

Getting in some pre-season training are you?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2014, 11:36:06 AM »

The snide remark from DW. Getting some pre-season training in are you, Dave?

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2014, 11:38:56 AM »

Any chance you might come up with something original at any time?

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2014, 11:39:07 AM »
6,000 against Hibs with proberly more of them than us.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2014, 11:41:44 AM »

Couldn't you possibly come up with something a bit more original than the usual jumping to the defence of the people who run our club?

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2014, 11:50:24 AM »

Couldn't you possibly come up with something a bit more original than the usual jumping to the defence of the people who run our club?

First, I haven't made any comment about the match, the attendance, ticket price or level of opposition. No attack, no defence, nothing. 

Second, if pushed I think that calling £10 for a ticket "another reason to fleece the fans" takes moaning for the sake of it to new levels. It's a pre-season friendly. You don't have to attend. I can remember the calls for such games when we didn't have them.

Third, if you want your opinions to go unchallenged I suggest you go elsewhere. 

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2014, 11:53:57 AM »

First, I haven't made any comment about the match, the attendance, ticket price or level of opposition. No attack, no defence, nothing. 

Second, if pushed I think that calling £10 for a ticket "another reason to fleece the fans" takes moaning for the sake of it to new levels. It's a pre-season friendly. You don't have to attend. I can remember the calls for such games when we didn't have them.

Third, if you want your opinions to go unchallenged I suggest you go elsewhere. 

No, you did you jumped in with your usual snide remark and started an argument. It's what you do, Dave. I'm entitled to my opinion as much as anyone else is.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal