collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sad fans with attitude  (Read 3655 times)

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
Sad fans with attitude
« on: August 09, 2014, 11:51:33 PM »
Nazareth. Terrific band.  Saw them at the Town Hall in the very early 70's.  Deafened me and my brother to the point that we were yelling enthusiastically at each other on the bus home. Fantastic.

However, try googling 'we feel football' or 'the drum.com' .

The Sun have come up with a sad fans advert for next season, featuring the Villa and 'love hurts' as wailed by Dan McCafferty and the lads as a soundtrack.
Still fabulous.

However

They (the Sun) have no idea about our secret weapons.
Heh heh heh....
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 11:59:48 PM by Louzie0 »

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Sad fans with attitude
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 08:08:32 AM »
Great band and McCafferty had one of those enduring rock voices ... remember them well.
As for 'love hurts' and the Villa, I reckon the currrant bun has got that about right, TBH.

Online Bernie

• king of celebrity deathwatch
  • GM : 30.01.2025
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 11:23:59 AM »
I was at that very same concert Louzie, I think it was 1973. I loved Nazareth- "Broken Down Angel" 's the track that comes to mind first. That could have been unfairly applied to a Villa player at one time, with a little alteration in pronunciation

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 12:25:41 PM »
Nazareth. Terrific band.  Saw them at the Town Hall in the very early 70's.  Deafened me and my brother to the point that we were yelling enthusiastically at each other on the bus home. Fantastic.

However, try googling 'we feel football' or 'the drum.com' .

The Sun have come up with a sad fans advert for next season, featuring the Villa and 'love hurts' as wailed by Dan McCafferty and the lads as a soundtrack.
Still fabulous.

However

They (the Sun) have no idea about our secret weapons.
Heh heh heh....

The Villa support ironically singing this tune whilst putting teams to the sword next season would be delightful.  Stick it up the London press boys Villa.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 09:50:32 PM »
I had a look on the link and it wasn't just Villa, several teams' fans were featured.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 03:19:01 AM »
Some one please explain

Offline Louzie0

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 01:36:29 PM »
I was at that very same concert Louzie, I think it was 1973. I loved Nazareth- "Broken Down Angel" 's the track that comes to mind first. That could have been unfairly applied to a Villa player at one time, with a little alteration in pronunciation

Good to know, Bernie, I still get the vinyl out and blast Broken Down Angel, every now and again. I think Sutherland Brothers and Quiver supported, on the night?

Chicago Lion, the Sun are running TV adverts for their football coverage based on the idea that some Premiership teams are on the losing side more than average, but that their fans still love them through the suffering.  I posted it in here because Villa are prominent in the 10 second short ones as well as being part of the longer version I originally found.  The Guardian agrees with them.

The Telegraph are altogether more bullish about our chances, though,Mr E, predicting 10th (!) and especially if we get Sanchez as well, it all looks rather better than it did a month ago! Hence the secret weapons comment.

Offline Louzie0

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 01:39:39 PM »

The Villa support ironically singing this tune whilst putting teams to the sword next season would be delightful.  Stick it up the London press boys Villa.

Right on!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 01:47:22 PM »

Good to know, Bernie, I still get the vinyl out and blast Broken Down Angel, every now and again. I think Sutherland Brothers and Quiver supported, on the night?

Chicago Lion, the Sun are running TV adverts for their football coverage based on the idea that some Premiership teams are on the losing side more than average, but that their fans still love them through the suffering.  I posted it in here because Villa are prominent in the 10 second short ones as well as being part of the longer version I originally found.  The Guardian agrees with them.

The Telegraph are altogether more bullish about our chances, though,Mr E, predicting 10th (!) and especially if we get Sanchez as well, it all looks rather better than it did a month ago! Hence the secret weapons comment.
Looks better than 3 days' ago, to be fair.
A lot of so-called expert pundits have gone for the lazy / obvious relegation candidates.

I was reading Matt Le Tissier's predictions on Sky today and - guess what - Villa, Leicester and Burnley are his drop-candidates (Sourhampton definitely won't drop, apparently: you heard it here first, folks). And - quelle surprise! - Chelski, Citeh, Manure and Arse are his top four predictions.

Offline Louzie0

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 01:52:17 PM »
Arsenal were quite sad at the end of their first game, last season!
You never know, it's a funny old game, etc.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 01:52:31 PM »

Looks better than 3 days' ago, to be fair.
A lot of so-called expert pundits have gone for the lazy / obvious relegation candidates.

I was reading Matt Le Tissier's predictions on Sky today and - guess what - Villa, Leicester and Burnley are his drop-candidates (Sourhampton definitely won't drop, apparently: you heard it here first, folks). And - quelle surprise! - Chelski, Citeh, Manure and Arse are his top four predictions.

Savage picked Villa for the drop. Just ahead of Albion.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 04:32:38 PM »
The last home game of the 75/76 season ( ? ) we went to see Nazareth at the Odeon after the match
They were OK but did half the set as a folk band and we weren't too impressed...

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 08:24:15 PM »
Probably would have made a better advert if they'd just used teams like us, Newcastle, Sunderland, West Ham etc. When do glory hunting Man Utd and Chelsea fans ever suffer like the rest of us? "Oh boo hoo we didnt make the top 4 this season" big deal you plastic ****s

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 08:44:26 PM »
These adverts from shitehawks like the Sun and Sky make me want to vomit.

As Charlie Brooker had it when talking about the John Lewis ads at Christmas, it's purse strings they are pulling at, not heart strings.

Wankers.

Nazareth, however, are nails. Get yersel' a bit o' Razzmanaz.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal