collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aly Cissokho - sold  (Read 55751 times)

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
Re: Aly Cissokho - sold
« Reply #390 on: August 03, 2017, 02:40:32 AM »
I vaguely recall a decent opening day performance at Stoke followed by not much else. We've done well to get that fee.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #391 on: August 03, 2017, 03:02:25 AM »
I vaguely recall a decent opening day performance at Stoke followed by not much else. We've done well to get that fee.

Thought he and Senderos in a reshaped back four started the 14/15  season well and were a big part of our good results early doors.  I expected Cissokho to be decent (or certainly better than what we had before at left back) but Senderos surprised me. Looked like he was forming a good partnership with Vlaar, but got injured on international duty and that was that.

Cissokho looked good up until the Arsenal game at home in September. Got turned inside out all afternoon and became the standard Villa left back defensive liability from that point onwards.

But then we made Ryan Bertrand look rubbish. It's a rare gift.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #392 on: August 03, 2017, 03:37:57 AM »

Thought he and Senderos in a reshaped back four started the 14/15  season well and were a big part of our good results early doors.  I expected Cissokho to be decent (or certainly better than what we had before at left back) but Senderos surprised me. Looked like he was forming a good partnership with Vlaar, but got injured on international duty and that was that.

Cissokho looked good up until the Arsenal game at home in September. Got turned inside out all afternoon and became the standard Villa left back defensive liability from that point onwards.

But then we made Ryan Bertrand look rubbish. It's a rare gift.

Yep, 10 points in 4 games to start off, with a win at Anfield, and just the one goal conceded. Back 4 who were perfectly solid as long as they weren't asked to do anything silly, and protected by two hard-working mids in Delph and Cleverley. But given that the CBs were made of glass, never really was sustainable.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #393 on: August 03, 2017, 10:08:02 AM »
I don't think he was much worse than Hutton, honestly.

Talk about damning with faint praise!

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #394 on: August 03, 2017, 10:35:24 AM »
How have we managed to struggle at fullback for so many years and over so many signings

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #395 on: August 03, 2017, 10:38:56 AM »
How have we managed to struggle at fullback in every position for so many years and over so many signings

Fixed

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #396 on: August 03, 2017, 12:16:28 PM »
He's up there with the best of those footballers who have made it big yet have no skill on the ball at all.

I've laughed more than once when he has had the ball at his feet. Clueless.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #397 on: August 03, 2017, 12:35:18 PM »
How have we managed to struggle at fullback in every position for so many years and over so many signings

Fixed

Touche

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #398 on: August 03, 2017, 12:44:43 PM »
Another  defensive turkey but at least he's ended up in the right place.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #399 on: August 03, 2017, 04:58:09 PM »
Trouble with the Scottish Cafu is we do not use him properly.  He needs to be told to run down the wing, right to the corner flag then put the ball into touch.  He then runs back into a proper defensive position while we press the opposition throw.  At least we gain field position. Hutton's runs always end in bad crosses, opposition possession and a big hole where Hutton should be.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #400 on: August 03, 2017, 09:18:17 PM »
I don't think he was much worse than Hutton, honestly.

Talk about damning with faint praise!

I think PWS topped even that by saying he was a better LB back than Richardson.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #401 on: August 03, 2017, 09:19:21 PM »
Good luck Aly, always put effort in just not very good.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #402 on: August 03, 2017, 09:22:16 PM »
Trouble with the Scottish Cafu is we do not use him properly.  He needs to be told to run down the wing, right to the corner flag then put the ball into touch.  He then runs back into a proper defensive position while we press the opposition throw.  At least we gain field position. Hutton's runs always end in bad crosses, opposition possession and a big hole where Hutton should be.

I watched Forrest Gump again the other day and the bit where he starts playing American Football just because he can run very fast in a straight line but without a clue as to where he was going, what he was going to do and when to stop reminded me very much of Mr H.  I fully expect him to bomb down the wing one of these days and keep on going right out of the stadium, just like Forrest.

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #403 on: August 03, 2017, 09:27:44 PM »

I watched Forrest Gump again the other day and the bit where he starts playing American Football just because he can run very fast in a straight line but without a clue as to where he was going, what he was going to do and when to stop reminded me very much of Mr H.  I fully expect him to bomb down the wing one of these days and keep on going right out of the stadium, just like Forrest.

When they put seats in the Trinity enclosure my dad moved us to the Witton End. There was an old bloke who stood just behind us and whenever Ray Graydon had the ball on the wing he would shout " he's off on a run, open the gates, he won't be able to stop"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal