collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Samir Carruthers joins MK Dons  (Read 10677 times)

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: Samir Carruthers joins MK Dons
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2014, 11:05:38 AM »
Performances? I remember one good moment when he nutmegged Gerrard and a decent game in general against the Bindippers and that was about it. Based seemingly on that alone, everyone seemed to decide he had fantastic potential!
Based on those two games and the numerous next gen games that i watched.... yes...

It was one game Tom and I don't think one can really count next gen games. I would still contend that the evidence he was any good was based on nothing much more than that Gerrard moment. Which is a bit like rating Tony Luna on his goal against Arsenal

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2014, 02:09:09 PM »
Good luck Sam.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2014, 02:38:27 PM »
Performances? I remember one good moment when he nutmegged Gerrard and a decent game in general against the Bindippers and that was about it. Based seemingly on that alone, everyone seemed to decide he had fantastic potential!
Based on those two games and the numerous next gen games that i watched.... yes...

It was one game Tom and I don't think one can really count next gen games. I would still contend that the evidence he was any good was based on nothing much more than that Gerrard moment. Which is a bit like rating Tony Luna on his goal against Arsenal

He played 3 times for the first team, only about 25 mins total granted. Why can't one count U21 games when judging a players potential? I would imagine it's what the coaches, manager etc do, so why not fans who watch those games?

Offline IamLegend

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2014, 02:49:13 PM »
He was better than Herd I thought, but maybe not quite good enough for the top flight (not that it's stopped Baker and Clark getting lots of games).

A completely different type of player to Herd though. I think he's just found his level. Good luck to him.

Not really, Carruthers has played in central midfield the last few times I've seen him play, which is Herd's position.

Except that one's very much an attacking midfielder / winger and the other very much a defensive midfielder / centre-back / right back. They're not comparable players in the slightest.

Carruthers started out as a winger and ended up being much more of a central midfielder. Are you seriously trying to suggest that Herd is a right-back or central defender?

What nonsense.

You're a dumbass.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2014, 03:00:24 PM »
We'll have less of that. Apologise please, and if you can't debate without resorting to insults then this isn't the place for you.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal